“Very nice hotel & spa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice hotel & spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited here recently for afternoon tea followed by an evening in the spa. The afternoon tea and the selection of treats was amazing! It was excellent value too. We got a table by the window and chilled out before our spa appointment. The staff were lovely and we were really looked after. The spa was amazing also. I got an hour treatment that included a facial and head massage.The staff were superb! I was so impressed! I also got great advice from the beautican who was so friendly and informative. Before your treatment you got served a juice of your choice and could relax in the very pretty relaxation room which was very cosy. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Tapa_11,

It is with such pride that I read your feedback Tapa_11. At Killashee House Hotel we are constantly striving to ensure every guest receives the best experience possible and I am delighted that was the case for your party. I have shared your review with the entire team here, and it has been a great motivator for us all.

I sincerely hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you to Killashee House Hotel again in the not so distant future.

Dee Nix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Mixed feelings about this hotel. Hotel bar has a good atmosphere and the food we had was really good, the burger was delicious. However, in the reception area the staff were extremely slow on check in and checking out. They werent even aware that their bar The Priests bar was open...Hmmm. The rooms were nice and big and the bathroom was the largest we've had in a hotel in some time with a separate bath and shower. Downsides, one pillow per person in the bed?? Hairdryer was one of those attached to the wall in the bathroom. Some upgrading required. Also its an absolute maze to try and get from reception to the rooms. As we got the night away for a bargain price I would go back but wouldnt be willing to pay more than the 117e B&B package we paid. Didntrtry the leisure facilities so cant comment on them.

Dear Doyle123,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, we appreciate your provided a balanced approach as we can learn a lot from reviews such as yours. I am delighted the quality of dining was found to be of a high standard and that our offering was good value as these are some of the integral differentiators at Killashee. I am so pleased you got to visit the newly opened traditional pub, since reading your review we have ensured that all team members are properly briefed and appropriate signage is in place. We have a ongoing approach to maintenance and upgrading and have taken your comments on board as we finalise our 2013 plan, upgrading in the last year included a portion of the bedrooms, reception area, the new ‘Orangery’, traditional pub and a new Debra Ireland Butterfly Garden.

Thank you again Doyle123 for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance for future bookings.

Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm just back from this hotel, we stayed two nights which included two BnB, one dinner and two spa treatments. I dealt with Laura mostly on reception who was very helpful from booking to queries. I booked three twin bedrooms which had two double beds in each and were very clean and airy.
Both breakfasts and our dinner were very enjoyable, all waiting, bar staff and porters we met were excellent. The only bad point was the walk to the spa which is not connected to the hotel.
There was entertainment in the bar both nights much to our enjoyment and a great buzz in general throughout.
Myself and friends will definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Giovanna M,

It was an absolute pleasure to read your review of Killashee House Hotel. I am so pleased that Laura and the team provided the professional and efficient service that we pride ourselves on in Killashee. Moreover I am delighted that the entertainment, quality of spa treatments and dining were to your party’s liking.

Laura, the Killashee team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends back again soon.

Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Killashee for a friend's wedding. The hotel is absolutely beautiful with fantastic chandeliers and sweeping staircases. Excellent customer service from start to finish.
Our bedroom was lovely. Spotless, comfortable, grand and with all the amenities you could want/need.
Dinner was included on the first night which was very well worth the money. 3 courses and we could pick from the full menu.
The wedding in the Saturday was amazing - great reception drinks when we returned from the church ceremony, and I loved that it was afternoon tea with scones instead of canapés. The room where dinner, speeches and dancing were held was breathtaking. Food was exceptional, service great. I've been to 10 weddings this year alone and this was the best in terms of food and presentation.
I marked the hotel down by one point purely due to the "spa" facilities. They were well below the standard you would expect for such an amazing hotel. The spa is in a separate building behind the hotel and is open to the general public. It was more like a council run leisure centre than a relaxing spa. They make you wear a swimming hat!!! I have NEVER been asked to do this in any spa before. You have to go outside the hotel and cross a car park to get there - no wandering over in your robe and slippers like you would normally do at a hotel spa. I would recommend that the hotel disassociates its name from the spa, but perhaps just offers guests "full use of the facilities at the leisure centre adjacent to the hotel". All of our friends who we travelled with shared this opinion too.
Apart from that, we loved it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear cheekybabymonkey,

We really appreciate you providing such a detailed and lengthy review on tripadvisor. It is wonderful to know that Killashee ranks the highest against all other weddings you have attended this year. I am sorry you did not like our Spa facilities, it is a shame this was not highlighted to myself or the team here during your stay as it appears you visited the leisure centre and not the full Villa Spa (adjacent to the leisure centre) which has a very different atmosphere.

Thank you again cheekybabymonkey and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future bookings.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed ib kilashee last weekend we had a hens party there we went for dinner the food was lovely we had a lovely girl that served us pauline she was very good to us made sure we had plenty of every thing the next morning at breakfast she was able to explaine to us why the fire alarm went off and was so nice to get extra plaices set up for us had a great weekend thanks so much

• Stayed October 2012
Dear elainew1,

Thank you for choosing Killashee for your Hen Party. Furthermore thank you for highlighting the exemplary service provided by Pauline.

I sincerely hope Killashee will be your venue of choice for future weekends away.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is full of promise but somehow it just misses the mark. Beautiful grounds but I get the impression the owner or manager is not around to see what is going on.
Whilst the grounds, hotel and reception area are full of promise the place is very tired. Our room the Abbey Suite had water stained furniture, the bed was uncomfortable, tap in the basin was ready to fall off, shower control missing its cover with only the screw left. Not worth the money.
As a hotelier myself I always check out awards but sadly this place looks as though it was managed well in 2007 and '08 but things have been on a slide since. No awards of any consequence since then and it shows.
Staff on the first night were disorganised and the function we attended was not well done. Food came out before anybody was seated, which meant that everyone would grab a meal, then sit down, which meant the whole evening was a bit haphazard.
Next night was a different story altogether, the A team was on and everything went as smooth as silk. Shame the D team didn't have the training or supervision of the A team.
Breakfast was brilliant both mornings and a nice feature was the new Irish bar that had just opened that looked as though it had been there forever.
Both nights there were people drunk on the grounds until 4am one morning and 8.30am the next who were playing in the fountain, how they got home I don't know??
As I said nice place but the manager seems to be on vacation.

Room Tip: The new wing has wifi and a lift and I believe it is not as tired as the older wing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear melbkiwi,

I appreciate your spending the time to detail your recent stay. As a fellow hotelier I am disappointed I did not get to speak to you personally so I could fully understand where errors during your stay may have stemmed from. I can assure you we have a very progressive maintenance programme with a full time maintenance team, however thank you for highlighting areas we need to prioritise.

I would invite you to contact me directly for any future stay so I can ensure every courtesy is extended to you.

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived for a wedding at the Killashee hotel and spent two wonderful days there. The service was exceptional as was the food. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were friendly and courteous. The hotel is large and many functions were being held over the weekend many at the same time but this was not at all apparent . The hotel is steeped in history and has been sympathetically restored preserving many of the old features. The only downside the that our bedroom was a litle tired looking and lacked some of the extras that other rooms had . The new addition of the traditional pub is a great idea. It is a delight to find a magnificent privately run hotel.

Dear familyCheshire,

Thank you for your glowing feedback from your recent stay. It is so important to us that an occasion with the gravitas of a wedding is enjoyed by every attendee. It is wonderful to hear that the food, service and style of our venue were to your liking. I do apologise that the bedroom did not match this positive experience, however I can assure you we are in the process of upgrading all of our bedrooms. I am so pleased you enjoyed the new additional of “The Old Priest’s House”.

familyCheshire I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Killashee in the not so distant future.

Dee Nix

Been to Killashee House Hotel? Share your experiences!