“Great food - pity about the rooms” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kilcullen Road, Naas, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ireland
“Great food - pity about the rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed recently with party of 5. Two were happy enough with rooms two were unhappy and one very unhappy.
The decor is slightly dated and although very clean rooms felt "tired". One occupant had to call night porter to try and stop fan noise in bathroom which persisted despite removing key card from wall expecting all electric items to switch off - noise persisted. At 5.00 am a compressor started outside two of the rooms and sleep was disrupted. No direct access to lobby from one side of hotel - have to use two different lifts and use a warren of corridors.
On the plus side the food was excellent and breakfast almost made up for a bad night's sleep.
Grounds were very nice - did not use the spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with direct access from "one" lift which does not overlook spa and has not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear conagra,

I appreciate your sharing your experience of Killashee House Hotel & Villa Spa. I am very happy that you enjoyed the beautiful grounds and the quality of the dining experience. I would like to express my regret that you were not allocated one our newly refurbished rooms, as we are currently in the process of upgrading all of our rooms. Furthermore may I deeply apologise for the inexcusable noise interference to your sleep, and I am sorry that this was not fully resolved.

If business or pleasure should bring you to Naas again please do not hesitate to contact me directly to arrange your booking so I can ensure that every courtesy is extended to you.

Dee Nix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I like this hotel, 2nd visit in a few months, but as last time, my experience in the bar left a bad taste in my mouth (if you pardon the pun) The restaurant obviously ensures staff are trained to be good with customers, however the bar staff are equally important. 2 different glasses of red wine, both non drinkable. The response from the young barman was poor, he'd change them when he was ready... After an order of 12 cocktails! Thankfully I asked another barman to help. Thing is, I then had to listen to him give out about it... An expensive night in hotel and restaurant spoiled, by this.
I went to restaurant for some wine and we retired to our room.

Similar experience last time we stayed too. This was when cheeky barman gave out to guest for asking for Brandy glass, this after he'd paid for a wedding for hos daughter the previous day.

Please train bar staff, it may prevent a return and cost you points within Trip Advisor which can affect bookings.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear gerrymac32,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience of Killashee House Hotel & Villa Spa. I appreciate your highlighting the service gaps and I can assure you this has been taken very seriously. We have also used your feedback during one of our recent training sessions.

Further to this, I look forward to having an opportunity to speak to you personally so we can resolve this matter and hope we can retain you as a loyal patron of Killashee.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed Saturday night June 16th and knew from the moment we entered the driveway that this hotel was something special!
From the beautiful foyer, elegant dining room and cosmopolitan bar, to the peaceful and comfortable bedrooms we found each and every aspect of the hotel to be of the highest standard. All the staff were really courteous and helpful, Laura on reception gave us loads of information along with the 'buddies benefits' page. We used this the next day and enjoyed our discount at Newbridge, Kildare Outlet Village and The Japanese Gardens. There was a wedding on the same day - I know it's a highly popular wedding veune and a glorious location for wedding photographs (see sample albums in the foyer). We did not hear a sound from the wedding either during the day or night, nor was there any delay at check-out next morning. Our 4-course meal in Turners was excellent. I used the Spa facilites next morning before tucking into a delicious and delightful breakfast. Before heading off, we enjoyed a quiet walk in the gardens and stopped off at the peaceful Nun's Graveyard. We were sorry to leave on Sunday morning and hope to return in the very near future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear sunflower039,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience of Killashee and the Kildare area on tripadvisor.com. I have shared your kind words with our team here and we all appreciate this complimentary feedback. Laura was particularly touched you named her personally.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you through the doors of Killashee again very soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Magnificent property in Kildare with stunning gardens, lovely and perfectly appointed bedrooms.
Staff friendly and helpful. We had traveled from Provence and booked midweek special (before returning to US) that included King room with 2 full Irish breakfasts and 1 four course meal in Jack's Bar. Food in the bar was just ok; breakfasts were sumptuous. Put on your walking shoes @ hotel - although there are only 3 floors, one has to use lifts to go up and down and all around to get to 2nd floor - it was worth it!
Wifi available in public areas only and television very limited channel selection.
Highly recommend Killashee

Room Tip: Hotel is secluded - about a 5 minute drive to Naas town centre.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear caro10104,

Thank you for your kind words and lifting our spirits here in Killashee. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the “stunning gardens”, “lovely bedrooms” and that you found our team here at Killashee to be “friendly and helpful”. The Head Chef has taken note of your comments regarding your dinner in Jacks. We hope that perhaps on a return journey that you will try Turners our fine dining restaurant for something that little bit extra special.

As you noted we currently have complimentary wifi in the public areas and have complimentary cable broadband in the bedrooms. However I am delighted to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading the internet access in the bedrooms.

Thank you again for your valued custom and feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for a wedding over the weekend. I cannot recommend your hotel enough.

We were greated with a smile, and helpful information about the hotel and facilities, I didn't expect the room to be ready, having a hotel back ground myself I understood there could have been a wait....... Which there wasn't, there was a porter to hand to help with luggage if needed. The only thing I thought was a bit odd was the manager wearing flip flops but the hotel may have a quirkey relaxed laid back attitude to uniforms.

The rooms was spotlessly clean and huge.

The bar staff, f&b staff are a credit to the hotel, cant do enough for you! You can really see they are standards and service driven!

Compliments to the chef the beef was amazing the best I've had in a long time, duck also was excellant.

Breakfast in the morning was very busy but plenty of staff around and didn't seem panicked or under pressure, food again excellant.

Over my stay I had dealing with Michelle and Laura at reception, and must say they are a credit to the company, where ever you got the from must miss them alot!

Well done to everyone:0)

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Pandaeyes81,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your valued custom and most complimentary review. It is so encouraging to read that our guests recognise that we are a hotel driven by standards and service. Furthermore thank you for your kind words about the members of our reception team Michelle and Laura, I can assure you receiving this sort of feedback is our greatest motivation.

I can absolutely promise you that we take pride in our uniforms, however the manager you encountered is currently suffering from an injury that requires special footwear.

Thank you again Pandaeyes81 for your kind review, and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

From Arrival to departure , this was one of the best hotel breaks we have ever had, From the chicken wings in the bar to the 4 course meal in turners restaurant, the food and the staff were excellent, Hotel staff are friendly and efficient, three receptionists on duty.
The bar and Restaurant were both very nice, and the quality of the food was out of this world,
I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic break away, or for a special occasion.
one of the best in Ireland at affordable pricing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear brian C,

I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay in Killashee House Hotel and Villa Spa and posting such a favourable review on tripadvisor.com. Every hotel strives to be the best, and I am delighted to hear Killashee classed as one of the “best hotel breaks” you have experienced. It give me great pleasure that the quality of the service, food and price all rated to the high standard we strive for everyday.

brian C we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Killashee in the not so distant future.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is a fantastic venue for many occasions - relaxation, corporate and without a doubt it has to be up there with the BEST Wedding venues. It has it all, gardens are fantastic, rooms are superb and all of this combines to what must be every bride's dream.
Its also suitable for couples as a romantic hide-away!
A good venue for families also with a high quality leisure centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfortable matrass!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee House Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Olive3591,

On such a wet week in Kildare it was a ray of sunshine to read your positive and glowing review of Killashee House Hotel and Villa Spa. Here the team and I strive everyday to ensure that every guest on every occasion leaves feeling that touch more fulfilled, relaxed and happy than before they drove through the gates of Killashee. Reading your feedback on so many aspects of the hotel and it’s facilities confirms to me that we are on track with our goal so I wholeheartedly thank you for lifting our spirits.

I look forward to welcoming you to the “sheer bliss” of Killashee again.

Dee Nix

Been to Killashee House Hotel? Share your experiences!