“It's not London, but then neither is Naas....” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“It's not London, but then neither is Naas....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

We've eaten here previously, maybe 3 or 4 times in 2 1/2 years. .It ranged from really good to really weird--the last during the horsemeat scare when I ordered lamb and got a meat I simply could not identify by taste. Maybe it was horse, maybe it was hedgehog, but I didn't like it. My vegetarian husband was happy enough throughout.

On a Saturday night, we dined there with two friends. It was. a perfect example of how good service can lift a meal from good-ish to very good. Waitstaff were simply charming without being obtrusive, and wef left--after 2 hours--in happy form.

I have two taste checkpoint for Indian cuisine--starters of chicken tikka and/or onion bhajees. Any decent restaurant should be able to get these right. Swapna got them half right. The chicken was tender, so I think it had had its yogurt marinade. Spicing was minimal. The bhagees were a bit on the heavy side, but--and this is important--they weren't greasy. Neither was any of the fried food. I asked the waiter to pick me out a lamb mains. Whatever it was, it was delicious. My normally carnivorous friends opted for Sag Paneer and Sag Aloo (spinach with Indian cheese or potatoes) and managed to clean their plates with the help of pilau rice and chutney. We plowed through a fair amount of good house white and Cobra beer, but none of us could manage dessert.

Given the high taxation of alcohol in Ireland and the abundance of food, our bill of just under 150. Euro seemed very fair.

I wouldn't agree with some of your reviewer that it was the best Indian food in Ireland, but it was tasty and the service and atmosphere would be hard to beat. Okay, so I'm a sucker for linen napkins...

As for the complaints about it being hidden away from the Main Street, we're talking about 3-5 minutes walk and there are plenty of free parking places adjacent to the restaurant--a real bonus when it's raining.

• Visited April 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good curry ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Had a very nice meal here - really tasty, best Indian I have had in a while.
The place is hidden round in a back street and when you approach looks closed, so we were the only 2 in on a Thursday night.
They need to get some better signage and lighting to attract people in.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Tastee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

Well hidden from the Main Street , a pleasant restaurant with very Tastee food, delicious flavours and very attentive and helpful staff

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good food and pleasant staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

A bit out of the way but the food here is good, the staff are meek and polite and the atmosphere is intimate so all in all a pleasant experience and I will return.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Ace is Naas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

We stumbled upon this lovely little restaurant whilst searching for a place to have dinner in Naas. Great on 3 counts - food,service and price. Linen tablecloths and nice lighting make really add to the atmosphere. The moment we sat down food was placed in front of us. We felt well looked after. The portions were generous, and the food was fresh and flavourful. We've been to many Indian restaurants in Dublin and this is as good as our favourite ones there. Definitely would come back

Visited March 2015