“Accomadation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hazel Hotel

Hazel Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monasterevin
Hazel Hotel
You added Hazel Hotel to your Saves list
Dublin Road N7, Monasterevin, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monasterevin
Dundalk, Ireland
“Accomadation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have to say hotel was quiet when i stayed and was relaxing. Staff couldn't be any nicer and very welcoming and would be my reason to rebook there. Rooms were spotless though could do with an upgrade of shower, toilet and sink they looked as if they had been there since the early 80's. Breakfast was lovely and i was stuffed when leaving. I'll return again but going by other reviews i'll ask on booking if there are any upcoming functions for the time of my stay. Hope management will take on board people's reviews and applaud their staff for excellent customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked the Hazel Hotel for our visit to Ireland for a family wedding, only to arrive and find out the hotel was overun with a huge gypsy wedding. We were advised by the hotel staff in no uncertain terms that it was not safe for us to stay. The exact same thing happened to other family members when they arrived at the Hazel (from Australia!) two days before us. The hotel took iur booking months ago and yet they gave us no notice about the gypsy wedding, we only found this out as we arrived. When we went back out to the car in the car park our vehicle was surrounded by men and we could not move. It was very intimidating. It was a nightmare trying to find somewhere else at the last minute and we had to put undue stress on the groom in the days before his big day. In my experience, all I can say is avoid this place if you need reliability and safety!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Monasterevin hotels

Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I cannot believe some of the reviews that I have read. With the exception of the friendliness of the staff, my experience was really nothing like those of most of the others.I stayed in this establishment recently and to describe it is to re-live the most horrendous experience.
I was alerted to the fact that this was not a modern hotel at check-in when all paperwork was completed by hand. I was asked to pay up front as 'poor **** won't be able to be serving your breakfast and checking you out at the same time'. Breakfast was not until 8 a.m.
My room door was wide open and the cleaning equipment was still in the room, where it remained for the duration of my stay.The bathroom was really in need of being refitted with a new shower head, toilet seat and it had soap only but no shower gel. I decided not to eat there at the place looked dirty. The carpet was stained and the tiles were chipped.
I returned later to be met at the door by a large group of Travellers who were having a celebration there. On returning to my room I discovered that the lights were not working so I reported this at reception to be told that it was a simple thing to get them working and that the gentleman would be down in a minute.After half an hour and as the light was fading and I had work to do, this was a business trip, I returned to reception to be told by another guest that there was nobody there, as she was trying to get a remote control for her TV. She advised me to go into the bar.
With the aforementioned celebration in full swing, this foray into the bar was not for the faint hearted. However I found a lady who accompanied me to the room to inspect the problem. She returned with bulbs which were not suitable. She again returned with a man who removed the shade and inserted a large bulb which gave light, however odd it looked. I was grateful to the lady in question for her help.
Shortly after this, groups of young revellers had taken to running down the corridor knocking on the bedroom doors. This shortly became kicking of the doors. The night got worse rapidly. At two thirty in the morning I was forced to ring for assistance as several men were now outside my door having a row while young screaming children tried to get into their rooms to escape the situation. They were banging on the doors beggingn to be let in. I will never forget the wails of those traumatised children or the threats of the men that they would 'leave them out in the hall for the night'.I put a chair and a heavy locker to my door as I was terrified that it would be kicked in because nobody seemed to know what room was theirs and closed doors seemed to antagonise them. Several doors including mine were treated to a kicking. Security quelled the situation until the next group of revellers returned from the bar and it started all over again. At four o'clock things settled and I got three hours sleep. I immediately went out to see if my car was ok. The smell of urine in the foyer, blood on the door and a carpet of cigarette butts were testament to the night that had been had.
I met two couples in the dining room. One of the couples had woken to find that a woman had gained access to their room the previous night. They had had a similar experience to myself. They had been intending to say for several days but they had packed up and were ready to leave. Having just time for tea and toast and not being impressed with the elderly attendant referring to me as 'my good woman' I left the premises at 8.15 and it is my intention never to return. I contacted the manager later, who apologised and refunded my money which was the least that I would expect. This hotel needs to up its game as incidents like this are not acceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went to the hazel saturday for dinner with my partner.
wasnt happy atall
ordered roast beef dinner.beef was ok.
potatoes were mash...microwaved and 2 icecream scoop sizes of mash..
the plate the food was served on obviously wasnt washed properly as there was hard cabbage stuck to the plate..the veg that came with the dinnerwas carrots and brocalli..
My partner ordered a club sambo which came ou as a tstd special.
wouldnt recommend this place for food atall.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

If you're on the M7 and hungry this is an excellent hotel to have good quality food. Great staff, excellent food, portion size - more than enough. Excellent kids menu. Will definitely stop and dine again.

• Stayed August 2013
TheHazelHotel, Public Relations Manager at Hazel Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Povertyrock,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kindest regards,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just back from spending the weekend at the Hazel and I can't express how good it was. We were there as part of a large group and every one though the same. Met one of the owners and the Manager who were extremely friendly and chatted away with all of the guests. We will be returning to Monasterevin next year again and cant wait to stay here again. The food is amazing and everything was piping hot.

Room Tip: ask for a room with 2 beds
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Portarlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just getting around to putting up our review, My Finance & were in the Hazel 2 weeks ago for lunch on Tuesday. received a very warm welcome when we went in. The Reception was clean, warm & very welcoming. . . I ordered Roast Turkey & Ham & My Partner had the House Grill, which came with chips. Food was so tasty with great portions homely food, The barman I cant remember his name was brilliant, he had us both in stitches laughing. There was a nice amount of people coming and going and he looked after everyone so well. . . Would highly recommend the hotel Great Value for Money, Tasty homely food with excellent service, we have called in a few times over the past few months and they always really looked after us. . We decided to hold our wedding reception with the hotel in September and we cannot wait for our special day to come. . . . Best of Luck to the Management & Staff your a winner :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hazel Hotel? Share your experiences!