Ceann Tra Heights is one of just a handful of Irish BB's that establish a Standard that all other BB's should have to meet. Steven and Mary actually enjoy what they do and provide a wonderful venue that is clean, neat, with a large bedroom and bathroom. We had the room with two beds and a front view. Mary's breakfast was legendary while Steve sees to all the chores around the house.
Ventry actually has a triad of Bed and Breakfasts that all know each other so, when there's a shortfall in a schedule- if possible- they all pitch in to help each other. Such is the case here. In fact, one if the Sister's of another BB was helping Mary who had bursitis during our visit.
Once arriving upon driving in from Adare, By dumb luck, we spotted Ceann Tra Heights while passing through town and headed up the driveway. ...Mary was quick to tell us our 1st nights accommodation had overbooked in error and we were moved. Nice to know , as we could have been left in the cold.
We used Ventry and this great B&B as home base to tour of the Dingle Peninsula including the remarkable journey up Slea Head Drive, Mount Brandon, Dunberg Fort, the Blasket Island Museum, the Kilmalkekedar Norman Church, several Celtic Graveyards, and the forgotten (seldom mentioned) Rahinnane Castle. Lets not forget Dingle Town, just 10-15 minute drive to town for shopping , the Aquarium and lunch.
You'll want to heed the other reviews mentioning Mary's recommendation of The Skipper Seafood Restaurant....As its too dangerous to drink and drive all the way back to Ventry from Dingletown. We ate there 2 nights and would have gone back for a 3rd but, they were closed in a storm. So, we stopped by the market bought Cheese, Fresh Bread, Wine and fresh Salmon/Ham brought it back to the B&B and had dinner there. Steve and Mary are very accommodating and easy to be with. I think they made our trip to Dingle. Thanks folks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet country home overlooking Ventry Harbour & Dingle Bay .on Slea Head drive.Sea & mountain views from rooms.5 minute walk to safe sandy beach.Horse riding near by.King size beds in 2 bedrooms .double & single bed in3rd. room , one double & 2 single beds in 4th room.Sitting room for guests.Tea/coffee making facilities in all bedrooms.Breakfast menu., & home baking. Golf & Eco tours arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Ceann Tra Heights Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceann Tra Heights b&b
- Ceann Tra Heights Hotel Ventry
- Ceann Tra Heights Bed And Breakfast Ireland/Ventry