“Irish Hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Spiddal B&B and Inns
Burlingame, California
“Irish Hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at eight b&b's on our two-week trip, but Geraldine was the most welcoming hostess anywhere. Truly a family home, we were invited to sit down and have tea and cake and Geraldine wanted to hear all about our travels. Other evenings too we joined Geraldine and other guests for tea and good "craic." Recognizing we'd been on the road for a while, she even offered to do laundry for us! Although the b&b is right on the road, and we slept with the window open, it was not noisy. Or else the bed was just so comfortable we didn't notice. The brand new bathroom in our room was the tiniest I've ever seen, but perfectly fine. No frills here, but just the best home-away-from-home b&b. Generous Irish breakfasts, plus plentiful fresh fruit--a real treat. Thank you Geraldine!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with Geraldine and her wonderful friendly family for two weeks in mid November and absolutely loved it! Needed to go into town in the morning where she drove me and then picked me up again at night. Breakfast was great and generous, the room and ensuite were spotless and the whole house felt welcoming with tea, cookies and a chat in front of the fireplace. Geraldine is a fabulous lady, always genuinely interested in what you have to say and so interesting herself! Enjoyed my stay so much, that I went back a second time. Once again, Geraldine booked a trip to the Aran Islands for me, drove me to the ferry that morning and on another occasion took a whole day out of her time and drove me to Connemara for I didn't have a car! Never seen more generous and willing to please! She's the kind of person you would do anything for because this is what she inspires in others. If you ever pass by An Spidal, please do me a favor and stop by Geraldine's to tell her i said hi? :):):):):)

Thank you Sweet Geraldine!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The B&B was very easy to find. We were greeted with a lighting fire in the sitting room with tea and biscuits. The Landlady took a genuine interest in us. She was able to tell us the best places to eat and gave us advice on about the rest of our journey. The rooms were large and comfortable and plenty of parking for the car. The breakfast was also very enjoyable and nice. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Offaly, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed for one night at Radharc Arainn with Geraldine. She welcomed us with a cuppa and cookies and chatted to us as if we were family come to stay.

The room and bathroom was really clean and fresh as was all the bedding, it was just like being at home. Although there was no refreshment tray Geraldine didn't mind me raiding her kitchen to make a cuppa in the morning before breakfast.

As we were going for a drink that evening Geraldine kindly supplied me with a taxi number for later and insisted on leaving me into town.

After a really good comfortable night sleep Geraldine treated us to a lovely breakfast and a chat also with a lovely couple who were also having breakfast at another table. I have to say we really enjoyed the morning with her and her rates are very reasonable and she really seemed to care for her visitors and I believe she has people return to her every year and I am not surprised.

I am putting 5 for service but it should be 105!!!! And Cleanliness should be 110!!!! The views were worth another 100.

There was no fitness room or swimming pool

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for the views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ardee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

have stayed here twice and will be back,geraldine is a lady who will go out of her way to help you,lovely clean room and fantastic view also from dining room when you are having breakfast,geraldine will take you into town and will lift you again.(but be reasonable) a great place overall and would definately recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Radharc Arainn after our drive through Connemara. We were exhausted after our long drive and Geraldine welcomed us with hot tea and biscuits. She was very easy to talk to. The beds were comfortable and the shower was hot. We had no issues at all. At the end Geraldine even made us a small lunch to take along for our next venture. We declined initially since we did not have spoons for the yogurt; however, she insisted and gave us two metal spoons. She is a generous and lovely person. I would recommend staying at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at Radharc Arainn B&B in Spiddal near Galway for three nights in June this year. The accomodation was perfect and so was the breakfast - not to forget the marvellous view towards the shore which we enjoyed during breakfast. With the exception of just one day we had "unirish" weather during our two-week round trip, and this was at Spiddal. So we were really grateful to our wonderful hostess Geraldine for inviting us to warm up at the fireplace in the lounge. And the talks with other guests and Geraldine - they made us feel like members of the family. Irish hospitality at its best! Thank you very much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radharc Arainn B&B? Share your experiences!