“Never Experience anything like it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre
You added Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre to your Saves list
Lig do Scith, Cappaghmore, Kinvara, Ireland   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
northern ireland
“Never Experience anything like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Quite easy to find, despite the small country roads.
I was nervous about travelling on my own somewhere, but needed a complete break away from my daily living. So I plucked up the courage and booked this trip to go solo and it was the best thing I've ever done. Firstly, all my fears were relieved with one phone call to the centre. There was 14 of us and most of the travellers were on their own. I have never felt so welcome anywhere and the setting was out of this world. Everyone raved about the food even the picky eaters! I've never practiced yoga or meditation before and wasn't sure what to expect, but again it was delivered in a way that made the whole concept feel completely normal. I am definately going to return!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Having experienced yoga holidays in Spain and India, I was wondering if the West of Ireland would prove as dynamic and peaceful. I was not to be disappointed. The ambience of the Centre is one of peace, magic, harmony and hospitality. The very essence of the Centre allows you to melt into your yoga practice and is so conducive for meditation. Dave's wish is for everyone to have a 'lovely time.' I can guarantee that everybody did. The day trips out to local areas, the wonderful food and the chance to nap and recharge your batteries in between classes were all just so welcome.
This is a place where you can simply get away from your routine,
see some beautiful scenery including a night sky rich in stars and know that you will benefit from some amazing yoga instruction. A fantastic start to 2010.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I started 2010 with a four day stay at the Burren Yoga Centre and it was one of the most magical and wonderful experiences I've ever had. I cannot think of even one thing to criticise. The yoga teaching was excellent and catered for people of varying ability, the accommodation was warm and comfortable, the sustenance provided by the excellent gourmet cooking meant mealtimes were always warmly anticipated and enjoyed. The day trips were also a wonderful surprise – walks in the Burren and along the beach. It’s a very special and spiritual place and I hope to keep at least some of the serenity and broadened perspective attained during my time there. I had been thinking about going on a yoga retreat for years. I’m glad that this year I finally got around to it. To use computer terminology - I feel upgraded and rebooted!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Dublin,Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I would recommend this wonderful place to everyone, from the moment you enter the house there is the most wonderful feeling of warmth and calm. The rooms are so lovely, very clean and it is located in such a wonderful part of the Burren. Anyone looking for an excape from the hussle and bustle of any city this is by far the palce for you. Dave is so kind and is there for you at any time but gives you the space you also want. Please visit The Burren Yoga and Meditation, you wont want to leave.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Given that I had never been to Ireland's west coast before and that I'm only really still a yoga beginner you can understand why I was having some second thoughts on the plane over along the lines of "what am I doing going on a whole weekend of yoga at my age". But after a short flight from Birmingham, and a suprisingly uneventful and easy drive down from Knock airport all my anxieties were allayed the moment I got to Burren Yoga.

From the moment I was met by the ever-hospitable Dave and shown the clean bedroom with the wonderful carved bunk bed, I started to unwind and the following two days saw all traces of stress disappear. The centre is lovely, very relaxing and with lots of space to unwind, chat or just relax and the food is simply delicious. Paddi cooks all the food in the communal kitchen and I would challenge anyone to find better home cooked vegetarian food anywhere . Its all a very informal atmosphere and it was great to meet the other visitors that weekend, who were all ages, from a range of backgrounds, and all really friendly.

And the Yoga - well what can I say, Niamh Jones was amazing, expert teaching, fantastic classes with a variety of styles (lots of the great Bikram Hot Yoga) and at a pace which suited everyone, and all optional, there is no imperative to do anything you don't want to. We did 2 hours before breakfast each day, had a great Saturday lunchtime walking out by the sea, before another great class, and then ended both days with a pre-bed session too, all in the purpose built, light and airy yoga studio. I'm not sure if it was the yoga, the centre or the food (or a combination of all 3) but I slept better than I had for ages.

I would thoroughly recommend the centre and Niamh's classes to anyone and I know I'll be going back as soon as I can. Its a great place for yoga, great food and to unwind from the strains of everyday life and I loved it. Go visit !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Longford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Just had a weekend in the Burren Yoga Retreat doing Bikram Yoga and had a really fantastic time , the area is reallt beautiful , i was a newcomer to yoga and am now an addict , The teacher Niamh was really good and everything is done at your own pace , very excillarating and relaxing all at the same time , Dave is the Centres owner and a good advertisement for practising yoga . We had a lovely Afternoon walking on the of the Beach near Kinvara where we did not meet another Person . Although i went along with my Sister everyone else that was there went on their own . i would recommend this for anyone who wants to get away from it all and have time out to themselves , as i busy Mum of two Children it helped them as much as it helped me ans they had a happy and relaxed mother and i am already really looking forward to my next trip . Great Food , Great Sleep , Great People , Great value for Money and everything feels that little bit tighter which is an added bonus!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dave and niamh for a Great Weekend .
Sisters Susan & Janette

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I was here last year during a bank holiday weekend and I can't wait to go back again next month. The rooms, food and program are all amazing! There is a very good atmosphere here and with the perfect balance of trips out in the Burren, free time and of course the yoga classes.

Stayed September 2008, traveled solo

Been to Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre? Share your experiences!