“Hilary Hale” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinvara
Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre
You added Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre to your Saves list
Lig do Scith, Cappaghmore, Kinvara, Ireland   |
Kinsale, Ireland
“Hilary Hale”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Such a disappointment. The teacher was ill so instead to trying to find a substitute Dave did all the teaching himself. He told us he couldn’t teach the things we were expecting but he couldn’t really teach at all. He was unprofessional and at times incompetent. The hill walking was a nice stroll down a nice road. One man had bought walking boots just for the trip. The last straw was when we put our sheets out for laundry and were told not to bother with the mattress covers - they were washed last week - so much for karma yoga. The nurse I was sharing a room with left at that point she could take no more.
The food was good and the cook lovely but I don’t think I will be trying her cooking again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BurrenYoga, Owner at Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Hilary,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time here.

I received a phone call from Niamh the yoga teacher 1 hour before the retreat started, to say she would be a late arriving as she was not feeling well. When Niamh did arrive, she said that she would teach but she was looking so unwell I advised her to go to bed and that I would teach the evening class for her.

On Saturday morning Niamh was in severe pain and I advised her to go to the doctor and that I would teach the class.

I should add that I am a qualified yoga teacher with over 35 years of experience. However I am trained in Satyananda yoga and Ashtanga yoga and Vinyasa flow, so I explained to everyone on the retreat that I would be able to teach those forms of yoga, but would not teach the Bikram yoga or the Yogalates which Niamh is qualified to teach.

Everybody appeared happy with this and understood the circumstances, and many sent back very good reviews since the retreat.

On the Saturday after breakfast we headed out for our hill climb and it started to rain and there was mist covering the hill. So I could not take a risk taking people hill climbing in those weather conditions so we headed for a walk by the sea in a location that I know from experience is very often dry while it may be raining in the hills.

Again most people seemed to really enjoy this and understood that it was not safe to climb the hills.

I talked to Carl who had bought the boots and he said he really enjoyed the outing.

The nurse that Hilary mentioned... Sarah said she left early to see the match and that she really enjoyed the weekend even though it was very challenging.

Niamh the yoga teacher was admitted to hospital on Saturday and as she was seriously ill she was kept in until Monday before being released home.

I tried to stay in contact with Niamh's husband during the weekend to hear how she was getting on as her condition was very serious.

Most people on the yoga retreat were very concerned for Niamh's health and safety when they heard she was admitted to hospital. She is still recovering in bed 1 week later as I write this response to Hilary.

I wish you well with your practice.

Best Wishes,
Dave

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Limerick, Ireland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was lucky enough to return to the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre for a great weekend of yoga in January. This has been my third visit on the end of January weekend course and it is a great way to banish any January gloom. Our class was a mixture of both beginners, intermediate and even another yoga teacher and yet Dave catered to everyone's needs. I got lots of advice on my own practice and the beginners were all feeling confident about their practice as we prepared to leave on Sunday afternoon. Like most people in today's world I have a very busy work and home life and the Burren Yoga Centre offers such a lovely and much-needed escape from everyday life. From the moment you step through the door and smell Paddi's cooking you know you're in a very special place. Thanks to Dave's organisation you don't need to plan anything for the entire weekend. Instead Dave has already created the perfect timetable to ensure you are relaxed and rejuvenated in both mind and body by Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed the karma yoga and the opportunity it offered to chat to the others on our group, a lovely mix of people from all walks of life. If you've never tried yoga and want to find out what it's all about or if you have experience of yoga and want to deepen your practice then I'd highly recommend the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre. I'll certainly be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a holiday- such a relaxing holiday left feeling full of energy and wanting to practise yoga more. The news year retreat was taught by tadhg what a guy is all I can say great classes, got to experience some Indian mediation practises and had a laugh too. The centre is warm, cosy and spotless , the food so good I put on weight and have been inspired to cook more .Really good quality ingredients used a lot of organic &irish products provided. The daily outings allow you to see more of the burren/ Clare - I can only say good things

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I spent 3 nights out of the 5 at the Burren Yoga retreat. I would have loved to have stayed for the full week, but it wasn't possible. The centre is very well organised and equipped. The rooms were small but comfortable and all of the facilities were very clean. The buildings have under floor heating throughout, so kept lovely and cosy. The yoga, and the daily trips out were all brilliant, as was the food prepared for us at the centre, I have no complaints at all!

Room Tip: I thought that i would prefer to have a room on my own, but really enjoyed sharing in the end.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Burren yoga and meditation centre. What a truly beautiful vibe from the second I walked through the front door and smelt the delights from the kitchen. The yoga room is fab and I had a really fab experience session after session with my new guru Esther Eckhart. Dave the owner has thought of every little detail to make the stay perfect - from seeing the sights with ease to lunch in dream locations. My visit was easily a highlight of my 2012....if you haven't been yet, just get it booked!!

• Stayed September 2012
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Dave is a brilliant host and took us on a fabulous guided walk to Blackhead. Our yoga teacher on this weekend retreat, Esther, was superb - lovely and inspiring. The food was delicious and the people on the retreat were just wonderful. A magical experience - so glad I took time for myself to visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Leitrim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre was a joy to visit. Dave was the perfect host making sure that every visitor to the centre was welcomed individually as they arrived. The weekend was planned out so well that I didn't have to wonder about what came next. I took part in most activities but at no time did I feel like I had to take part in all of them. The decision was left to me.

After our yummy lunch in The Tea Rooms in Ballyvaughan on Saturday I spotted Dave counting everyone to make sure no one was left behind before we returned to the centre. This is just one example of how mindful he was of our group all weekend.

Niamh Jones was our five star yoga instructor for the weekend. Everyone was highly complimentary of her teaching style and I just loved her classes. While we were sitting around chatting during one of the evenings she shared a lot of her knowledge about yoga, reiki and shamanism with our group in a lovely easy-going and understandable manner. It was a very lovely evening.

The vegetarian food provided by Paddi and Siobhan was truly gorgeous. So much so that I bought Paddi's recipe book and have already tried out the vegetarian chilli dish just one day after my return. It was easy to prepare and turned out very tasty indeed.

Personally I feel I have received huge benefits from my participation on the weekend-long course. It has helped me to re-attune my yoga postures and I now feel I have more knowledge and a new-found confidence in my practice. I believe this will help me to practice more regularly so that in the long run the benefits I will have attained by attending the course will last me well into my future and not just for the duration of the course. If u have an interest in yoga, good food, meeting like-minded people or just getting away from it all and having some "me time" the Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre is the pace for you. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Burren Yoga & Meditation Centre? Share your experiences!