“STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City

You added Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City to your Saves list
Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Interchange Park Drive, Lenoir City, TN 37771 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lenoir City
Roanoke, VA
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Please heed the warnings of this and other reviews and stay somewhere else in this town. There are two other motels within walking distance and others down the street.

My friend made reservations through an online travel site for 3 rooms for 3 nights and prepaid for the rooms. Using the site he cancelled one room and kept two and paid a cancellation penalty at that time in accordance with the rules of the site. We arrived at the motel and the clerk tried to claim we still had reservations for 3 rooms instead of 2 despite my friend having emails that showed cancelling one room. The clerk was persistent. The clerk eventually charged my friend for 3 rooms even though 2 rooms were already paid for. Essentially the clerk charged him for 5 rooms instead of 2. (Prepaid for two and clerk charges for 3 more).

Also the plumbing was terrible with leaks around the base of the toilet and around the bottom of the toilet tank, Also the toilets in both rooms wouldn't flush at various times. The clerk gave me plunger when I inquired and said to leave it in the room when finished. That was essentially an admission of systemic plumbing problems.

Several of the towels and one bed sheet had stains.

This motel is a run by scammers and is a dump. STAY AWAY. Read the cut and paste responses to the other comments and this is the type of non sense that you get from this place in person.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY. Scammers with credit card and reservations. Dirty motel. Bad Plumbing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wingate, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Please see the enclosed picture for an example of the little friends I had scurrying all over my room. We checked in at midnight after a long drive just to sleep for a few hours and if we could have kept going without falling asleep, we would have. Guy at the front desk tried to charge us for 2 rooms. Bed smells like smoke (in a nonsmoking room). And the television is severely outdated and hardly works. It's currently early in the morning, I'm writing my review and getting the heck out of dodge.

• Stayed September 2012
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I do extremely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Bugs are an issue and we do our best to eliminate them as much as possible. Again, I apologize for all the other problems you experienced. We try our best to satisfy our guests and keep our business in top shape. I hope we can serve you better next time. Thank you
Tippecanoe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this motel on Wyndham.com 5 days before driving there. I booked it for night only arrive 9-5-12 and depart 9-6-12. I arrived that afternoon and when I entered to register I gave my name and the lady at the desk said we expected you 2 days ago. I showed my reservation print out and she said no, the reservation is for 3 nights. She called the manager and he called Wyndham and talked them a while, then I got on and explained in English. He said wait for customer service. After 15 minutes I connected to Kelly, she was very helpful and took all info and gave a reference number. The manager told me he would take care of the billing and he would argue it out with Wyndham. That night I checked and Wyndham had credited my card for the 2 nights. I signed a bill in morning for one night stay. Now I am home 9-8-12 and the credit is gone and no charge yet from the motel. Waiting to see what I am finally billed. When wife and I got to our King Business room there was MOLD on most all walls. Back to the manager. He got pass key and walked me around looking for suitable room. Found one barely acceptable but it was not really clean as one expects. Was 2 double beds, no business center. STAY AWAY from this motel!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere DO NOT STAY here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is quite possible for a mistake to happen in the process of reserving a room online. I apologize for you having to wait until the problem with Wyndham was being cleared up. As for the mold, we have taken action to make sure that will never happen again. Again, I am deeply sorry for your troubles and hope you could give us another chance to set things right. Thank you.
albert lea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had made the mistake of making a reservation through booking.com and cancelling the reservation 6 days later. The cancellation was e-mailed to me a month and nine days before I was scheduled to travel to Lenoir City, TN. I was called at 7am the day after I arrived by the owner wondering where I was and what happened to me. I had no obligation to call him to let him know that I cancelled my reservation, but I did anyway. WHAT a mistake the owner was very beligerent and told me that I needed to notify booking.com to notify him of the cancellation. I informed him that if he continued to yell and be rude I was going to hang up. I told him I was not responsible for the business transaction between him and booking.com, but that I was not responsible for the reservation cancellation after I cancelled it. Well, I received my credit card bill and was billed for one nights stay at the Knights Inn in Lenoir City, TN. Well, know I have to dispute the charge...AGAIN...JUST DON'T BOTHER BOOKING A ROOM OR STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. YOU WILL BE SORRY!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Guest, I am glad to see your feedback. Our goal is to create a comfortable and safe stay for the guests hoping that it will bring a smile on their faces. Your feedback is a top priority and must be given attention to us so that we can ensure that our hotel can exceed the guests' expectations. Again, I sincerely apologize and I hope that we can serve you better next time. Thank you
Gainesboro, TN USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Having never gone through a third party to book a room we did this time for the festival in Lenoir City. There are no words to adequately describe our night mare. First, no elevator for the second floor in which to bring up our crafts to work on. Then the real horror unfolded. When the frig was opened a horrible smell that burned our air passages permeated the room...it was moldy and had towels in it. We had a fan and opened the door to try to draw out the FUMES! Then we checked the microwave. Filthy. We complained and they offered another room....after hauling our stuff up a flight of stairs and down a hall all after a two hour drive and set up for the show. Did not have the strength to do it and no help was offered.
They brought another frig that appeared to work. A very rude Indian woman stomped in and wiped out the microwave, spritzed some air freshener and stalked out. It was still so dirty we would not even pop our pop corn in it.
Some of the towels were stained...this was just what we could see! The bathroom was not clean.
We tried to get our money back and go across the street to a decent hotel and we were refused our money.
This place should be shut down due to a health hazard and maybe bull dozed.
Dont go there....run away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We booked this hotel by priceline.com and said three people, and it was just a place to stop to sleep and continue on. We got there late, and of course it was just a window that you rang for service. We finally get our room key and enter the room with one bed. We got back to the front and he says too bad, you booked it with priceline. You want an upgrade you give me $20.00. What choice did we have after driving 15 hrs. I am sure he put the money in his pocket and gave us anothe room, which in my optinion was gross and dirty.
I will never go to another Knights Inn again, the room was gross, the service was horrible
I warn everyone to never go to this one, it is a waste of your money!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I am writing this review to ****WARN YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE*** On 5/11/2012 I looked this place up on the internet because my friend was traveling to Knoxville to pick up her daughter to bring her back to Cincinnati. There was some issues with I-75 and a landslide that caused a major detour that made her want to stay in Knoxville over the weekend rather that sit in traffic for hours. So I called and Spoke with the Owner/Manager and reserved a room on my credit card. I ask him would they bill my card any charges prior to her checking in. He said "NO" in fact he said they won't bill her until she checks out. Well 3 hours after I made the reservations at 4:00pm she found a work around to the detour. I then call the hotel back to cancel the registration the Owner/Manager told me that he could not cancel the registration and that he had already billed my credit card! I check my online banking an he billed my card at the time of the registration. I had to call my bank and get the fraud department involved cancel my card. So that they could reverse the charges. Don't even call this crook for a room you will regret it!!!!!!

Room Tip: This is not the standard practice of hotel within the Wyndham Hotel Group! I have stayed some of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Knoxville/Lenoir City? Share your experiences!