“Christina is an angel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Joseph's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roundstone
St. Joseph's
Town High Street, Roundstone, Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Roundstone B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Christina is an angel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a wonderful stay this past December in Roundstone, at St. Joseph's B&B. Christina and her family were so wonderful and engaging -- I had such a lovely time chatting with them! My room was spacious, quiet and warm and the bed incredibly comfortable and cozy -- I slept so well here! My room also overlooked the main stretch of Roundstone, which was a sweet view. The breakfast was delicious and homemade and I just couldn't have been happier. Christina and her husband were helpful with directions and making sure I was comfortable. It was a lovely stay and I would absolutely return for another visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Issoire, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

So lovely B & B, warm hosts, always available for you to enjoy your holidays. A very nice house, decorated in the perfect style of the 19th century. Nice and large bedrooms, very comfortable beds, and a delicious breakfast with fresh fruits salad, help yourself with the orange juice (rare !), and a meat of quality. For my second stay in Roundstone, I spent all a week I really enjoyed. Don't just pass in Roundstone, stay there ! So near to Ballyconnelly beaches, Clifden for the shopping, the Twelve Bens for walking, and once more, so nice people very invested in the village life. Congratulations for the Irish nights on wednesday evenings, I hope to see you again next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family spent one night in Roundstone this past month. It happened to be one of the busiest weekends in Ireland. We had booked, but when we got to the B&B there was a booking issue and we were not reserved. Not to worry! Christina went above and beyond our expectations and made room in her part of the house for us (me, husband and three teens). We had a lovely time and Christina and Seamus were lovely. Roundstone was my favorite stop in Ireland and Christina treated us like family. Thank you Christina and Seamus. From your friend, Peggy Gordon (inside joke with Christina (:

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night and the owner and her mother were terrific. They made us feel like we were at home. We had a really nice conversation with them and they were very hospitable. The breakfast were superb and they were able to fit us in last minute and called the restaurant next door to make sure they would be open for us. Ireland hospitality is like no other and I really enjoyed the peoples friendliness and warmth! I would recommend the B&B! The little harbor town of Roundstone is a little Gem and very beautiful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night on a recent trip around Ireland. I hadn't booked in advance and was lucky to get the last available room. From the moment Christina (the owner) opened the door I felt the warmth and friendliness of both herself and her house. The house is just gorgeous and my bedroom was lovely - complete with ensuite, tv and a beautiful view. The breakfast was delicious and included fresh baked Irish bread. Last but not least everyone there was so friendly and helpful - giving me recommendations on where to visit. I had a wonderful stay and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed July 2012
Azle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The harbor was built in 1830, and the B&B house shortly thereafter, and by its look not altered much (except for the statue of the surveyor) since. We had the front queen size bedded room, and coming in from a rainy day loved the hospitality of Christina. When I told her we had not found much soda bread, which I wanted to try, she baked me a loaf for the next morning. I asked her how long she had lived in Ireland and she said "I was born in the room you stayed in". Terrific stop, which we made only because we were tired of driving that narrow road in the rain. Sometimes you just luck out!

Room Tip: just go there. there's only a few rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My friend and I traveled to Roundstone during the off-season. We were supposed to stay at another B&B, and we stumbled upon St. Joseph's. I am so glad we did! The room was high up on the 3rd floor overlooking Main St. and the harbour. I only wish it wasn't raining so we could have taken advantageof the view! Christina and Seamus were so warm and friendly! Breakfast in the morning was fabulous! My friend and I both had a full Irish and it was delicious! I recommend a stay here anytime you're in Roundstone!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St. Joseph's? Share your experiences!