“Quality food, great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Roundstone
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Quality food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our group had fish pie, the open crab sandwich and roast beef. All of our food was lovely - tasty and simple home cooking - no heavy, rich sauces, just quality food that you might cook at home yourself. Value for money was excellent while service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've always liked Vaughans. The only thing I've ever eaten there is the open crab sandwich. Honestly, I've never had better hence its the only thing I order when I go there! You won't be disappointed. Good pint of Guinness to be had also.

Of particular note is the fact that the bar area has not been redecorated for 30 odd years. A proper west of Ireland pub. I hope they keep it that way.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great bar and super food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ate here most nights and found the food to be excellant, quality was superb and great value for money.. lovely bar with good craic. Conor is the life and soul.my last night he was telling everyone how he had locked himself between his front door and porch for over 2 hours., he was traumatised so hope he got a bit of counsilling !! The food here is much more superior thsn odowds especially the fish goujons.

Visited September 2013
Ottertail, Minnesota, United States
“Great bar menu before 7:00 pm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Vaughans is well run by effiient, friendly staff. My husband had hake, a white fish similar to cod and said it was very good. I had a bowl of potato-leek soup that was very tasty and smooth and served with hearty whole grain bread that I'm finding is common in Ireland. Good food at good prices.

Visited September 2013
Derry, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly hurried service and bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I decided to have bar food in the Roundstone Hotel and boy what an awful dining experience it was and I can safely say the worst dining experience I have ever experienced. On arrival the waitress took our order and was very unfriendly, like a mute robot. I asked her could she recommend the steak and she didn't answer just sort of gave a slight nod of her head. She took the order with little communication, bizarre!! The younger bar man delivered our drinks so fast he almost dropped them on our laps with little eye contact or communication. In fact he was going around the bar and food area so fast, it looked like he was in training for the next Olympics. My mother mentioned that he put her off her meal and stay there long enough she would have bad indigestion watching him. We noticed that all of the staff looked somewhat stressed and not one smiled the whole time we were there. My mother and I ordered the Caesar salad which was over dressed to the point it left the lettuce really wet. My husband got the steak which was bland and tasteless along with one scoop of mash potato and a small portion of roasted vegetables. He was not impressed, when I asked the waitress for some more mash potato she returned to tell me there was none left. I found this unbelievable given it was only 6.30pm. What a joke!! My sister and my daughter ordered the fish goujons. The fish was tasteless and the bread crumbs were seriously deep fried. My nephew ordered the burger which came served with no burger bap just smothered in sauce. The bill came to 91 euros which I felt the meal nor the service didn't deserve half this amount. We ate in Ryans on two occasions which is a coffee shop come eatery in the evening and was a lot cheaper and the food and service was better by far. We also ate in O Dowds Restaurant which was exceptional both friendly service and the food was first class!! We also ate in Guys bar/restaurant in Clifden which was first class. Roundstone Hotel take a leaf out of any of these other restaurants books .Avoid this place at all costs it will ruin your evening!!

• Visited August 2013