“Our favorite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Renvyle
Galway, Ireland
“Our favorite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place is special. Beautiful location, nice rooms, top notch service, and wonderful food. You can even bring your dog and he will be treated just as well as everybody else. Too many good points to get into the details, just go see for yourself...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
reviewmanager, Front Office Manager at Renvyle House Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear NapoleonWrasse,
Thank you for such a lovely review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent break with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
With best wishes
Sabina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We just spent Easter weekend at Renvyle and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We are repeat customers the service, food, hospitality, comfort of this hotel remains constant. The team, led by Ronnie, obviously don't rest on their laurels and it shows. This time we took our dog who, was made as welcome as ourselves, and coupled with the glorious weather made this a most enjoyable wend. Thank you ... We'll be back.

Stayed March 2013
Dear C_R0che,
Thank you for continuing support and for taking the time to write a review of your most recent break away with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.
Best wishes
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wonderful as usual weathr cold but hotel warm and cosy.. great turf fires
staff/comfort/rooms excellent..food best in Ireland.. Liked your new choice of veg,s Tim
All the staff were wonderful.. Thanks esp to Killian (not sure of spelling) and Philip.
Ronnie thanks again for a wonderful time. Hope to see you in July When fishing willv be better but it was nice to catch the first Trout of the seaso.. and in March
The 3 Evans co antrim

Room Tip: Any room they are all unique..sea/lough/mountain or garden view.. try them al leven it takes years
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear evansewart,
Well done for catching the first trout of the season on your recent stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in July.
I will pass on your message to the three.
Take care.
Best wishes,
galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a wonderful hotel experience. This historic hotel set in a magnificent location in Connemara offers travellers superb service. From the moment you arrive, you realise you are in good hands. Nothing is too much trouble for this excellent staff. You will instantly feel the warm and comfortable ambience of this place. Outside are splendid gardens, walks, a beautiful beach and magnificent views. The food here is simply superb - with award winning Chef Tim Sullivan in charge...do try the rack of Connemara lamb.....

A word of warning - if you prefer shiney brass , glass and indifferent service , then this place is not for you ...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
reviewmanager, Front Office Manager at Renvyle House Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Paul C,

Thank you for staying with us recently and we are very happy you had an enjoyable break.
Thank you also, for taking the time to write a review of your stay and your compliments.

With best wishes,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off here for a sambo last weekend after visiting Kylemore Abbey.

We arrived in through the only door we could find. There was no reception area in our immediate view and so we walked around looking for someone's attention. We eventually found a bar. The barman proceeded to ignore us while walking up and down the bar eventhough we were the only people in it.

We took the menus off the bar ourselves and ordered two sandwiches. We both ordered two ham and cheese sambos on brown bread.

When they arrived, we got two ham and cheese sambos on White bread. I explained that I had ordered something else and the waitress clearly couldn't care less. I munched on some stale crisps. The sambos were grand. No one asked after if our food was ok.

When we went to pay, I had no cash so paid by card. The barman led me to a reception area with 3 receptionists, all looked at me and none acknowledged me as a customer. One receptionist rudely spoke to the barman in front of me in a disrespectful tone and said go back to the bar and use your own machine, they are now done separately! She never even acknowledged the customer in front of her.

I followed the barman back to the bar. He couldn't find his machine so my OH paid by cash. He still did not ask if the food/service was ok.

I was disgusted.

I never complained further because it was clear no one cared. I have never written a review before on TA but I felt this service took the biscuit. A group of people appeared to be in the sun room for a gathering, I left thinking, if they cannot get a sandwich right for just 2 people, a "hello" or "thank you", or even payment of our bill, how on earth could you trust them for looking after a group.

• Stayed March 2013
reviewmanager, General Manager at Renvyle House Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Eurotravelle,

I am sorry that your recent lunch-time experience with us didn't meet with your expectations.
We have a new bar person on duty and was very nervous on his first few days.
We also apologise for the muddle with payment. We installed a new credit card system very recently and all our staff are on a learning curve as previously all payments would have had to have been processed at Reception.

I would like to assure you that your experience was not normal and I hope you might return someday so we have an opportunity to show you the true Renvyle experience.

With kind regards,
Ronnie
Hoi An
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my girl friend recently stayed here and found the whole experience to be very pleasurable. To start the hotel is in a amazing location for exploring the Connemara, and is in the perfect place to have a nice relaxing weekend away! Although we did not do any of the activities available there is fishing kayaking and many more to do! The staff were very friendly and bent over backwards to accommodate us!
The breakfast that is included is out of this world with a great selection of cooked breakfasts as well as a very extensive cold buffet consisting of everything from cereal to nuts, seeds breads and fruit.
On arrival the bar was bustling and there was a small band on seems everyone is up for a little sing and dance on a Saturday night but with the older crowd it was a very friendly relaxed atmosphere.

The rooms them self's are just right nothing amazing but nothing wrong with them at all!! They are just what u expect and in a hotel with so many cozy rooms and nice fires to cuddle up to if your not out side exploring your likely to be sitting relaxing enjoying a drink from the bar!

All in all I was very impressed and the icing on the cake was our little free gift we received when checking out.

THE ONLY thing I can complain about is the dinner menu, although the food was amazing and they try to accommodate you if you have any dietary requirements the menu is without prices.. although this may not bother some people I do like to know how much of a bill I am racking up before check out and feel that this is just not right.. if the meals were very cheap then it would not be an issue but this is not the case... But do not get me wrong the food was amazing and definitely worth trying!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jamie S,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We take your comment on board about the menu price. Often guests dine as part of a package and it was an oversight of ours not to put a price on the menu - thank you.

With best wishes,
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

....Are only some of the words that I would use to describe the Renvyle House Hotel. Driving up the daffodill lined driveway I knew that we had picked the right place. The sign "you are now entering a stress free zone" could not be truer.
As we arrived the sun was setting and the view was only breathtaking, we went to reception to check in and the girl said I hope that you like the sunset that we arranged for you, and in hindsight I would believe that was true!!.
There is nothing that the staff would not do to make you feel comfortable and welcomed in this hotel. Myself and my partner arrived with our dog "Harry" and it just was not a problem that we had a dog with us. Harry wasn't allowed in the bar or dining room which is fair enough from a hygiene perspective, But Ronnie just said sure you can your dinner in one of the reception rooms, it was fantastic, we were able to enjoy the fantastic food in comfort by a lovely turf fire with our dog at our feet......I honestly ask how could you made to feel more welcome.

Whilst I am on the subject of food, Breakfast is superb but the Dinners were sublime with all locally sourced produce.

I honestly cannot recommend this hotel enough and I cannot wait to return. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff and keep up the fantastic work.

Pat

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat_Dub_1,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to write a review of your break.

We are delighted that all in your party enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards,
Sabina

Been to Renvyle House Hotel? Share your experiences!