“Why did we wait for 16 years ?” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Inishbofin | Connemara, Inishbofin, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Inishbofin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Skerries Ireland
“Why did we wait for 16 years ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great holiday , food and staff very good , really relaxing holiday .
Highly recommend Next reunion planned for 3 years - cant wait. Free wi fi available in the hotel - mobile phone service quite poor in the area - but for a quiet retreat from a busy world nothing can beat this island. Bikes can be hired locally and some lovely walks available around the island and you may be lucky enough to hear a corncrake .Charted a rib with Inisbofin fast ferries , were looked after really well - would recommend the trip to visit Inis shark and see the sea stacks .

Room Tip: Go for rooms with a view of the sea and with the larger balconies
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just returned from a reunion weekend on Inishbofin where 14 of us returned to the island after a 16 year absence.We were all reminded of the magic of the place and have resolved to return again soon.The staff in the hotel ,including in particular Colin and Claire ,could not have been more helpful or gracious in responding to our every request .The beautiful upstairs library provided the venue for our late night sing songs and the spacious patio was a peaceful haven for a good read.Although the hotel has been rebuilt since the wonderful Mary Day was at the helm when we first visited with our young children, it has retained it's charm and the wonderful view from the dining room in the evenings is still intact.We will be back .

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Attended a friends wedding at hotel which was a nice day. I was not staying in the hotel but The service of staff was top notch but need a little more direction I think. The food was what I needed very filling and tasty. Superb! The only downfall of my experience was the evening reception as staff were quite rude and as my girlfriend had a little to much to drink I asked reception staff If I could get a lift up the road and was told it be 10 euro each which I thought was very expensive to just go up the road. Not sure if this Is a common thing now in hotel to charge but In my opinion it is bad practice. But on up side I would recommend this hotel and if I came Back to Inishbofin I would stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
InishbofinHouseHotel, General Manager at Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all feedback. We have an excellant reputation for weddings, so I'm delighted that you got to experience our 'top notch' service and 'superb' food.

We have a mini bus which we use as to collect and drop guests to and from the ferry. This is a courtesy service that we provide. The mini bus could also be used at night from time to time to drop home guests if there was no taxi service on the island. However, this is a courtesy service also. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly at niall@inishbofinhouse.com or 095-45809 so I can discuss this matter with you which will enable me to carry out a full investigation on the matter.

I do hope that it didn't take away from your stay with us. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again sometime soon to Inishbofin House Hotel.

Kindest regards
Niall Coffey
Ring, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the moment we arrived - 3 adults & 2 children we were made very welcome. Rooms very clean, staff friendly. Niall the general manager was always there to make your stay enjoyable and nothing was a problem to him. Most enjoyable 2 days will come again. Thank you. Miriam

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
alwaysamakem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a beautiful sea view. I felt the food was a bit of a let down. We had a couple of starters from the bar menu which we thought were bad value for money and not very tasty. The breakfast wasn't cooked very well the eggs were hard and the bacon was soggy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

A Great island visit and a great hotel break. Spent 3 days on Inishbofin. Beautiful Island to walk or cycle. Hotel was very good. The management team are fantastic and very helpful. Nothing to fault. I would recommend this to evreyone looking for a short 2 - 3 day break. We wanted to stay longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea when booking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has by far the nicest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered. From the receptionists to the waiters, all bent over backwards to ensure that I had a lovely relaxing break. The food is delicious, I recommend the buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and the tortellini from the Bar Menu for dinner! The hotel is lovely and clean with beautiful views. These views can be enjoyed from a fabulous relaxation/reading room on the 1st Floor. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inishbofin House Hotel & Marine Spa? Share your experiences!