“The most gorgeous, welcoming and comfortable place to stay on Inishbofin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Galley B&B & Restaurant

The Galley B&B & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inishbofin
The Galley B&B & Restaurant
You added The Galley B&B & Restaurant to your Saves list
East End, Inishbofin, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Inishbofin B&B and Inns
Dublin
“The most gorgeous, welcoming and comfortable place to stay on Inishbofin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

From the minute we arrived in Inishbofin we were completely welcomed by Caroline and Dermot. We stayed in the newly renovated apartment above The Galley, a wonderful treat. It's beautifuly decorated, both homely and modern with a fabulous open stove fire. It was a gorgeous home away from home which left you needing nothing as it included absolutely everything you would need during your stay, even a washing machine! It provided complete privacy and independence yet you still feel like a welcomed guest. I would absolutely stay in the apartment the next time and would completely recommend it to anyone. The food in the Galley is also one other thing that I love, especially the chowder, cakes and lunch specials. Caroline and Dermot are so great, I really am looking forward to my next visit to the beautiful Inishbofin. The walk from the pier is truely worth every step so get booking!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the galley b&b over the bank holiday weekend.When booking we tried to get into one of the hotels,but with no joy as they were fully booked.The galley was recommended to us by both hotels so we were delighted to get a room there.We were collected from the ferry and brought to the b&b which was absolutely charming.The lady of the house showed us a map of the island,and recommended some lovely walks which we thoroughly enjoyed.Our room was ensuite with a magnificent view of the sea and crough patrick in the distance.The room was very clean,and blissfully quiet even though the b&b was full.Breakfast was very enjoyable and for a b&b had a great selection..All in all we had a great weekend,and have booked again for in august.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sarasota,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights, and Caroline could not have been nicer. She is a wonderful cook, and made the best scones and crumpets I have ever had. All of the food in her attached cafe is home made by Caroline. She was so friendly and helpful, and her dog, Bailey, was a real sweetheart. I would absolutely recommend this B & B to anyone traveling to Inishbofin.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Was visiting The Galley many times during my holidays.The B&B with its restaurant is situated in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.The family who runs The Galley is dead friendly!Wide selection of food, gorgeous breakfasts!Beautiful and very cosy rooms and restaurant.Would reccomend the place to both families and people travelling on their own.Simply perfect for me!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

The first time I ever arrived to Inishbofin it was late summer and dark (last ferry) about four years ago. We got to the B&B and couldn't see very much but were warmly welcomed at the entrance to the Galley - the interior decor is nautical themed with a unique features like reclaimed beams on the stairs and gleaming slate tiles. The rooms are clean and very homely. We were informed Breakfast was to be served in the coffee shop and the selection was a delight I was looking forward to morning already with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and freshly baked brown bread on the menu. Since I hadn't really seen the views and what was beyond the road, when I woke up I was overwhelmed by the views from the room and couldn't wait to wander the two minutes walk to the beach. Inishbofin is a haven of peace and quiet and the galley is gem on the Island. Needless to say I've been back every year since and would recommend a visit to Inishbofin and The Galley to anyone.

Been to The Galley B&B & Restaurant? Share your experiences!