“Great food, great owner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 112 restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Pizza
Athens, Alabama
“Great food, great owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Found this place accidently a few years back looking for another restaurant from an interstate sign. What a find! Try it all but the best is the muffalata-a sandwich connected to New Orleans roots- delicious! Notables are also the pizza & gyros. Owner is a delightful guy and very personable. This place about a block off the main drag in a little strip mall kind of back behind a Mapco gas station & near a motel entrance.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Del Rio, Texas
“Sick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wife and I got sick after eating at this location. Owner was great guy but not sure if it was food or somthing else.

Visited September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Found on Trip Advisor - well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

It sounds wierd - pizza and greek. And heck it's more than that since I had bbq chicken.

First off, the owner is happy - it's just great to see. He loves life...he's the kind of person you'd want to be around even if his food wasn't good.

But it was great. He pointed out he made it fresh - hence, it was hot. You never get really hot food at restaurants - but this was - and so yummy. He home makes all his sauces and dressings and he offered me his hot sauce to try - and it was so good.

I can't wait to go back - but next time it's the calzone - which is big enough for two to share.

Oh one other note - and this shows his dedication. Their unsweet tea wasn't out. The reason is - he brews it in a pot and then puts the pot in the fridge - I guess to ice it. I had my own huge teapot - just for me - of unsweet. Not a glass or carafe - but he gave me the whole teapot. It was AWESOME.

Thanks Kos.

PS - this restaurants is as casual as can get - like a pizza place - so great for everyone - we were there as a couple but kids on up would fit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vinton
“Repeat performance!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My daughter and I were on a trip to Nashville last July to check out grad school when we happened upon this place. We were so excited when we went back last month so that we could stop and have the gyro again! We tasted it the entire 7 1/2 hours from VA. We were not disappointed as we ate the gyro again and enjoyed every single bite! I am just glad that we will be able to go back and try something else when my daughter moves there. Omar says he makes a gyro stromboli which I think the guy at the next table was eating; it looked phenomenal. Omar was as friendly as the last time and surely enjoys what he does. Don't let the look of the place scare you away...the shop is nothing special but the food is!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Superb Stromboli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

For starters, the owner offered to stay open an hour after closing time to serve us. The owner proved to be amiable and witty, providing a constant source of entertainment throughout dinner. As for the food, he prepared food for five in a timely fashion and the food was none the worse. My dinner, a steak and bacon Stromboli, was probably one of the best Strombolis I have eaten and featured a distinct Greek flare. The only negative that comes to mind is the size of the dining area itself. Although well kept and clean, there was only enough room for perhaps 15 or so people. Overall excellent experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere