“Relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Carna B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic Wave back in March and meant to come right home and write a review...but here it is 6 months later. Our stay was wonderful. Caitlin was a wonderful host and the family room was perfect for us. We were able to spread out and get settled in for our 3 night stay. Caitlin's breakfast was very good and she went out of her way to make pancakes for our 16 year old daughter. It's chilly on Mweenish Island in March but Michael started a turf fire for us in the family room and I spent hours there reading and relaxing.

Room Tip: The family room is perfect for groups of 3 or more.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kfar Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were so lucky to have found Atlantic Wave!!!! Our room was fantastic!!! Caitlín was very welcoming and made us feel at home immedialtely!her breakfast was the best,I would say in comparison to all the b&b we stayed in during our visit, the best one! Atlantic Wave is superb in every way: gorgeous setting; beautiful, clean, and quiet home; delicious Irish breakfast, .The house is situated right beside the sea and the view is just beautiful as well as there being a magnificent garden surrounding the house. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at atlantic wave for 4 nights and found it a great place to stay for exploring connemara. I had a small room with own bathroom, it was perfect for my needs.Iam a vegetarian and Caitlin found plenty of substitutes for me to eat. It was a great way to start the day and after touring and walking and exploring driving back in the evening felt like going home. Staying at the atlantic wave blended perfectly with the connemara experience. Many thanks Caitlin.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Situated with the Atlantic at the doorstep, this is a majestically situated B and B, probably the furthest outpost on the Carna peninsula into the ocean with a couple of beautiful little beaches nearby for sunset moments. The welcome from Caitlin was top-notch (she even sent a book to my home after I had left it in the room), the room spotless and the breakfast excellent.

Room Tip: Perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing trip away
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Atlantic Wave is superb in every way: gorgeous setting; beautiful, clean, and quiet home; delicious Irish breakfast, in dining room allowing panoramic views of surrounding area; and, best of all, a warm, generous, and thoughtful hostess who did all she could to make sure my husband and I had a lovely stay.

The temperature was in the mid 50's (degrees F) during the first day of our visit in early July, but we didn't feel any draftiness or dampness in the home. Although a storm's wind and rain woke us briefly at 3 a.m. during our first night, we felt so comfortable in our cozy, dry bedroom that we fell back to sleep immediately.

Caitlin and her husband Michael, whose families have lived in this area for generations, gladly and patiently answered our many questions about Carna and the rest of Connemara, and especially about the islands of Mweenish and Rusheenacholla. My ancestors had left these islands more than 100 years ago, yet Caitlin even directed me to a few area residents who were able to give me some information about my family!

My only regret is that we could stay here for only two nights this time. I will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here over Aug bank holiday weekend. Our group comprised myself (the Mammy), the Granny, my 18 year old daughter, my 17 year old son and my 7 year old son! So potentially an awkward bunch to please! However the family room was perfect for a group like us, loads of space and spotlessly clean. Caitlin the owner looked after us so well and was especially attentive to my 79 year old mother. The house is situated right beside the sea and the view is just beautiful as well as there being a magnificent garden surrounding the house. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2013
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

So clean and comfortable. Pity they wouldn't let me bring my bed home! Lovely people, Lovely place. Stunning location, very well signposted to get to the house. A Warm welcome. Home baking and preserves for breakfast. Beig me ar ais!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Atlantic Wave? Share your experiences!