“Always a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Galway, Ireland
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

returned to Paddy Burkes for lunch today, and as always enjoyed the experience. Top class food, in a lovely country town surroundings and a smile from Sean our lovely waiter! we will be back

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Galway
“Dirty loos, broken glass”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were here last Sunday to meet friends for lunch. We had 4 kids between us. Service was slow and unorganised. The lady serving us was a little moody at the start but cheered up a little when we said we would go outside for our coffee to let the kids run about! There are seats and a green area out the back. What we didn't realise was the outside was littered with empty bottles and broken glass. There was half finished drinks and party banners from the previous nights 21st. The toilets were grotty and the baby changing unit was.... Disgusting is all I would say. Sorry Paddy Burkes your food may be good but we won't be returning. It's not safe for young families.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
co.galway
“Extremely bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I went here with 3 of my friends and for the best part of it enjoyed it except the service. I am in the hotel business and was appalled with the service in this restaurant. We had a table booked for 7.30pm we were seated on time which was nice but then the service started and from the get go it was extremely bad. We got seated and only 1 menu brought to the table and at this time it was not busy, then when the rest of the menu's were brought to the table we ordered a round of drinks and asked for the wine menu this took over 20 minutes to receive our drinks and the wine menu. Then when we got them we ordered our food and a bottle of wine. The food was exceptional no faults there, but it took over 1 hour to receive our wine and by this time we asked 3 different server to check on our wine as our server was not always around which is not acceptable if she was taking our order and she didn't check once if everything was ok hence asking other servers to check on the wine as we were nearly at the end of our main course. It is unacceptable in this day to get such poor service and to be served by 4 different servers for the money you pay there they need to hire better staff. Very disappointing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galway
“Excellent food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were taken out for our Anniversary dinner to this restaurant on Saturday night and it was buzzing with people both inside and out. We were seated immediately by a lovely friendly smiling waitress; which makes a change. Our drinks order was taken promptly as was our food order. I loved the chicken curry which I ordered and my husband was highly impressed with the Lasagne. All in all the evening was a very pleasant one. The only negative thing I would say is that we were seated beside a loud group of women who had no thought for anyone else in the immediate area and we couldn't hear ourselves talking over the noise. When I return again I will make sure that I am seated somewhere more appropriate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
galway
“Lunch at Paddy Burke's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I visited paddy Burke's for lunch today. What a treat!. Fantastic food, large portions and excellent service. Somebody here really cares about quality and value for money. Long may it continue. Highly recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere