Stayed in the Inis Oirr hotel on Sunday night of June bank holiday weekend, place very busy as should be expected. Staff are very friendly and food and drink are served very promptly, so no issues there. Went for a walk around island and decided to get ready before heading out for the night. One big problem, no hot water for shower or hand basin. Went to enquire and told that immersion was on but that the water was being used as fast as it was heated. Dont think this is good enough for a hotel in modern times, hot water is an absolute must. Water was warm the following morning, not hot by any means. So word of warning for anyone staying, if you want a shower make sure you have it early before all the hot water is used up. Average rating due to this. This property is on the smallest Aran Island, Inis Oirr or also called Inisheer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ostan Inis Oirr, owned and run by the Flaherty family for 30 years. The hotel is situated close to sandy beach and pier. The 14 bedrooms include 2 large family rooms. All bedrooms are en-suite with central heating, electric blankets and hairdryers. Facilities include a Restaurant, bar and Lounge. A magnificent dining room is overlooking a castle. There is fresh local seafood with full wine and bar facilities also available on request for non residents. A Great atmosphere with traditional Irish Music and food in the Bar. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ostan Inis Oirr (Inisheer Hotel) Hotel Inishere
- Hotel Inisheer Ostan Inis Oirr
- Ostan Inis Oirr (Inisheer Hotel) Aran Islands, Ireland