“Quiet, nice view of the water, great Irish hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

10% OFF ROOM RATE
Ranked #5 of 19 Inishmore B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, nice view of the water, great Irish hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me start with Penny was great. My friend and I arrived, Penny welcomed us, and got us checked in. The room was clean and had a nice bayside view. Penny helped us with a power issue caused by our faulty power strip and then gave us great directions to some local sights.Tigh Fitz is in a very quiet location about 1.6k (1 mile) from the ferry and about 1.4k from the center of the town. You can walk or get a taxi to the pubs or shops. The view along the walk is nice. We slept well that night with a nice ocean breeze.
Breakfast was great and served with a smile. When we were checking out, we spoke to Penny regarding our plan to hike around the island and asked if we could leave our bags with her. She said she would drop off our bags at bike shop near the ferry so we did not have to come back giving us more time to see things. I tried to pay her for such but she refused. She gave us some directions to other sites on the island and wished us well. When we came back to town, the bags were at the shop and the time we saved was enough to have a Guinness before we boarded the ferry. We toasted Penny and a great stay at the Tigh Fitz.
If you are looking to stay on the island in a nice and quiet place outside of town, I would highly recommend Tigh Fitz.Say hi to Penny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've just returned from a short stay on the Aran Islands. I stayed at Tigh Fitz and this was an excellent choice. If you wish to experience how the life of the islanders look like this is the right place. Penny- the owner- is islander herself and she will give you all details on interesting spots, restaurants, activities and shopping. Her B&B is in wonderful old Irish style which makes your stay on the island memorable.
Overall this is a charming place worth visiting more than once.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Deepest Darkest North Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

A pleasant 1.5 mile stroll from the ferry takes you to Tigh Fitz. The welcome from Penny is warm and full of Celtic charm and humour. The rooms are fine. Very well maintained and spotless with good facilities. TV and tea/coffee in every room, excellent but bijou en-suite bathroom. There is also a communal TV lounge and comfortable dining room.

I would happily return here again and would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had never stayed at a B&B before but the rooms were what I had expected. The house itself was cozy and felt very comfortable. Your hostess, Penny, is so friendly and makes you feel at ease immediately. The rooms were small as I'm sure most B&B rooms are but the bathrooms/showers were modern and clean. Nice hot traditional breakfast in a lovely dining area. The house is situated a bit away from the town center - about a 15 minute walk but it's in a great location to explore most of the island's attractions. Penny arranged for our luggage to be waiting for us in the boat upon leaving the island. Great little island and the Tigh Fitz adds to it's charm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were excited to get to the Aran Islands but arrived to rain. Although I had only corresponded with Penny prior to leaving the states, we when got off the ferry, she had someone waiting for us to take our bags back to the B&B while we explored. When we arrived at the B&B nearly 7 hours later, we were greeted with the warmest welcome and what I felt was true Irish hospitality. It almost felt like we were staying with family -- she got us to our room, recommended a place to eat, even dropped us off and told us to speak with the owner who would help us with a cab when we were ready to leave. The room overlooked the bay and an old ruins which took our breath away and the beds were incredibly comfortable. In the morning, we had a delicious light breakfast and Penny got us back to the Ferry with a smile and warm stories. Our stay was not long enough but we got a good taste of the Island and I can't say enough about this place. If you want to stay on the island --I would highly recommend giving Penny a call. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ms. Penny treated my wife and I just lovely. Everything was very clean and proper. The breakfast in the morning hit the spot and Ms Penny drove us to the ferry. The night before, we got back from the pub and sat with Ms Penny and her sister, it was like sitting with my mom and an aunt. Just a lovely time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Penny had her hands full during my TedFest visit. She was full and most of us arrived from the same boat. Still check in was prompt and well managed with a smile throughout.

Having seen how wonderful, nice and attentive she was on such a busy weekend, I can’t imagine that one ever gets anything but the best from her at Tigh Fitz. I had the upstairs room with two beds and had a great view of the sea and a lighthouse from my room. I was in other rooms visiting occasional with other TedFest attendees. All rooms appeared clean and of decent size/decor. I hear nothing but good things said by others staying there.

Not a very long walk from Tigh Fitz to the harbor, but you would want a taxi if with luggage or in a bad rain. Other than taxi’s, I even managed a few lifts from locals, none of which would accept payment and one of which took me there despite living on the other end of the island. Under such hospitality an greater distance would not be an issue. As to distance/cost/availability etc. one has to be aware that one is on a small island and village, which is a different experience than on the mainland. I recommend Tigh Fitz and hope I can come visit again.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor had a nice view of the sea and a light house.