“Perfect relaxed way to get around the entire Island” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect relaxed way to get around the entire Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Island is just 8 miles long but has some really nasty hill sides to ride a bike. I can not walk very well, so when I read some reviews about the Pony and Trap I reserved a tour. Somehow I messed up and Thomas did not know about our reservation, but he jumped into action and picked us up anyway. We decided to leave the Island early without the attractions, because of my condition. But Thomas made us not miss the attraction. I am very happy he did that. The wormhole and all the other places were great. Thomas is very proud of his horses and I was really impressed how much care the takes of them. He even goes swimming with them....His wife and him have a Guesthouse as well, and the other guests on the Pony Trap loved it as well. If you want to see the island, ask for Thomas. Thank you for showing us everything

Visited May 2014

Omemee, Canada
65 attraction reviews
“Best way to tour Inis Mor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Thomas and his horse Chocolate took us on a tour across the 9 mile island. There is no better way to do it. We got to hear Thomas's stories about the island as he grew up there and how things have changed over the years. We visited the worm hole, Dun Aengus, the Seven Churches and Dun Eochla. Thomas directed us to walk from the worm hole to Dun Aengus along the cliffs - so beautiful and a bit of an adventure. Unfortunately, we did not get to see the seal colony or the swans that used to be in a fresh water pond beside the sea. The coastal road was washed away during a storm they had in February and the berm that created the freshwater pond was washed away. It was well worth the money.

Visited March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“The best ride in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

After getting off the Aran Island Ferry in Inis Mor we were greeted with a friendly smile by a man named Michael & his beautiful horse Molly. It was a picture perfect day & the last thing I wanted to do was climb on a crowded tour bus with a hoard of other people. Since we are 65+ years old we decided biking was not the way for us to see the island. We hooked up with Michael, a Aran Island born & bred local, who told us all about life on the island. You could tell he truly loved what he does for a living & was so proud of the beauty of the island. We more than got our money's worth & I would highly recommend this form of transportation as the way to see the island AND Michael & Molly to be your limo!

Visited September 2013
Loveland, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Peak Experience in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Go to the Aran Islands. If Ireland is the most magical, beautiful, and friendliest place on earth (which I believe it is) then the Aran Islands are the epitome of it all. Don't think about it, JUST GO THERE. You should try to stay overnight if you can. Either way, you must have a tour with Thomas. I demand it.

Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful trip exploring the major attractions of Inis Mor, though it was a little bit limited by what could be access with the pony and trap. There was some walking to get to the actual sites. I didn't mind, but it was a bit too much for my daughter. Thomas was very, very nice and very accommodating. I loved all of the information he gave us. He just whetted our appetite. I wanted to know more.

Visited August 2013