“Almost a perfect stay!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belgard Road 24, Tallaght, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tallaght
“Almost a perfect stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I booked our trip as a surprise 30th birthday present for my husband and we had a lovely stay! The hotel is based in an ideal location for those who want to visit Dublin but want to relax a little out of the hustle and bustle. Overlooking the mountains, Tallaught offers a small town connected to a reasonably sized shopping centre. There is a bus station and access to a tram service (Luas) both about 5-10 mins walk and offer easy access to Dublin. The hotel is very well presented but showing slight signs of wear in the rooms, nothing major. Bathroom is immaculate and bed was extremely comfortable. I would recommend you take your own hairdryer though as the one supplied isn't easy to use! We were made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff, especially the lady on reception whose name I did not catch. We arrived a little early but our room was ready! There is a free deposit box service at reception and nothing is too much trouble. We were staying on a dinner bed and breakfast rate which I would definitely recommend and being celiac I had to ask for them to cater gluten free. This was not an issue and the wait staff were very knowledgeable and even had gluten free bread for soup. The food was amazing! Me and my husband tried different each day and each item was tasty. The bar wasn't too pricey either! I cannot fault the hotel and the staff and we had a lovely stay... except for the last night. The only slight thing that let our experience down was the nightclub that is situated under the hotel. It is open Thur-Sun I believe from about 11 until 2am. We were not aware of this and the music could be heard in our room clearly and kept me awake until it closed. We were on the 2nd floor and towards the opposite side of the hotel, but was still very loud. We were offered another room but at 12am and it being our last night and me 6 months pregnant I really couldn't be bothered! It hasn't put us off returning to the hotel as we had such a lovely stay, but we'll definitely ask for a top floor room at the opposite end! Top tip: If you are getting to the hotel from Dublin airport there is an air bus service direct to Tallaught for only €9pp! Ask at the information desk

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kerry A

Thank you for taking time to put your review on trip advisor.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

i visited the plaza in november and absolutely loved it.....the staff were really lovely and accomadating....check in and out was smooth and easy....on the day of our departure we told the manager our flight was a night time one and he offered for us to keep our room until late afternoon with no extra cost!!! really wanted to stay here again for our more recent trip to dublin but unfortunatly the price was a little out of our range....it was beautifully located for the shopping centre and the luas tram into the city and the bar downstairs was lovely for food and drink...very happy guests :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ewa S, Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear lizard088

Thank you for taking time to put your review on Trip Advisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay ans I hope that you will visit us again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

the room we we're giving had dirty Windows bed sheets toilet roll stained tables.. Asked for another room we're myself and partner were kept awake till 3am with extremely noisy nightlife(on a Thursday) breakfast was average at best,. AVOID..!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Classiccarma

Obviously I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. We do not hide the fact that there is a nightclub in the same building so those who are looking for a quiet country hotel are not misled.

There are only 12 rooms affected by the noise and unfortunately we have to allocate them for guests if we are fully booked.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Well what can I say about this place, booked as it was close to family we were visiting never again we were in room 360, very dated and staff very rude got told at 10 pm get out the bar were closing could not believe it.
Our window in the room was broken so could hear the road and we were above the deliveries so each morning at 6am woken and we were meant to be on our hols :(.
Then the weekend come and oh dear god the NIGHTCLUB which we knew nothing about BOOM BOOM BOOM screaming teenagers car doors you name it we had it, move rooms we were told what at this stupid hour to a room that was even worst.
Then to top that all these teenagers were all over the hotel and when we did manage to go to sleep at 4am the fire alarm was set off twice by said drunk teens it was a joke.
Up for our flight at 6am guy and reception rude tapped his pen at me and gave me a piece of paper to write on, well after no sleep no chance so I have emailed and I am waiting for a response which I feel I will not get. The wifi as others have pointed out not good at all we could never access this.
To sum this up stay elsewhere....................

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Vampess

Thank you for your review. Your email was forwarded to our General Manager and I believe that he was in touch with you already.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here last Friday night for one night. Checked in around 1700 hours, everything was in place, I was immediately given my room card. Room was excellent, I think it was a renovated room, flat screen tv, tea/coffee etc. Whilst I was in reception they advised me, without me asking, the Wifi password. I actually ate in the Thai Restaurant, not sure if this is part of the hotel or not, if you are staying here then I can highly recommend this restaurant, superb. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful with a great selection, they even had a small pancake making machine which is great for kids (there was a 3 year old in my party). I cannot understand people that complain, this hotel was excellent value for money, free parking, all staff were very friendly and smiling, perhaps it helps if you smile at them. This is the second time I have stayed here, the first time I ate in the bar which is part of the hotel and I had a great dinner which was ham hock and cabbage, very traditional and Irish. I would definitely stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending the hotel as excellent value for money.

Room Tip: As an after thought, the bed in my room was memory foam and extremley comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear lolaciri

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you would highly recommend the hotel to others.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a four star hotel. Firstly the food is the best that I have ever had from a hotel even in the pub its first class. There is plenty of choice from the Thai, the pub the a la carte to just lounge food.
The entrance is impressive and the hotel warm, beware that for a 4 star it does not have aircon in the rooms and they were hot in April.
first few nights excellent sleep but BEWARE beneath this 4 star hotel is a nightclub that bangs out boom boom boom all night till 3 am. The club is not very well insulated and the sound travels up the building its best to be in a room on the left side over the pub as these seem to be quieter, the club opens thurs fri sat I think so what was a perfect place to stay became a night mare on the Thursday night.
At 2.30 am they did offer to move our rooms but who wants that at that late hour.

Room Tip: away from the night club over the pub area
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Stan Winfield

Firstly I wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that enjoyed your stay and the food.

I take on board all your comments about the noise. There are 12 rooms which can be affected by the music from the nightclub. Obviously we try not to allocate our guests there but when the hotel is fully booked this is simply impossible.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Sliema, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Spent 4 days in this hotel last month when I visited Dublin. The staff are quite friendly and the place is very clean and the room was in tip top order. Overall I enjoyed my stay and felt very welcomed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jake B

Thank you for your review and I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Been to The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!