“If you like Indian food, give this place a miss!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dublin, Ireland
“If you like Indian food, give this place a miss!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Went with 3 family members. We each ordered a diffferent dish. None of us was happy with the food. Not much meat in the sauce. Not the tastes we have come to expect from Indian cuisine

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Elkridge, Maryland
“Wonderful Personalization”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

On a late night arriving into Skerries, we were starving and in search of food and a local B&B. As my wife and I walked the empty streets of Skerries, we spotted Shiva and proceeded to enter, 1) since my wife is fond of Indian food, and 2) it was the only place open that looked desireable.

Once inside, we loved the decor and setting. The restaurant offered a great dinner for two with a bottle of wine, just a perfect compliment for the night. Anyhow, we are clueless with Indian food, but the owners were available and spoke to us at length and provided recommendations: a lamb and a chicken dish with naan. Absolutely divine. It was a perfect blend of food, and the appetizers and spices/sauces were to die for.

We truly enjoyed ourselves and the owner even took the time to contact her friend that owned a local B&B down the street to secure us a room so late at night (Lily was amazing).

When it comes to restaurants, these are the types of places that make a trip memorable. Sure, we stayed 2 nights at the Ritz Powerscourt that were unforgettable, but Shiva in Skerries was the absolute best introduction to Irish hospitatlity and cuisine.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We use Shiva on a regular basis. the food is always top class and we highly recommend
the Saag Aloo. The Naan breads are delicious as is everything else. Mary is a lovely person and nothing is too much trouble. She is always very friendly and kind..
We have a guest house in Skerries and our guests have had great food in Shiva,

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“NEVER AGAIN !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The following is my opinion of this establishment.
I had used this a number of times both in house and take away. It was quite good about 5 years ago but I have found that the consistancy of the food to be most variable since then. I recently bought a take away, a Lamb Chilli Masalla, a Chicken Shashlik, Saag Aloo and a Punjab salad. I actually had to add chilli's to the Masalla when I got it home as it totally lacked in flavour and heat. The Punjab salad looked and tasted at least a day old and the Saag Aloo was saturated in oil so I binned it. It cost € 34.00 and not even a Popodom. I suspect they think they cook above average food and thus a popodom should be ordered and payed for. Pathetic.

I reported my disappointment to the management the next day and offered them the opportunity to put things right. I was told that there was nothing wrong with the food and that perhaps it might be better if I did not use this restaurant as they apparently are not able to cook for me. In fairness, they did offer a refund and I accepted it which if anything indicates that they accepted my grounds for the complaint. However, the attitude of the Manageress in respect of the cultivation and keeping of customers leaves a lot to be desired as I found her to be atrociously arrogant. No way baby, you won't be seeing my face in there again. I can not recommend this establishment to friend, family or even foe.

• Visited May 2011