“Fantastic size family room for 5” 4 of 5 stars

Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Saggart, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
cork city ireland
“Fantastic size family room for 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed on Saturday December 8th 2012 in a Family room for 5 which was quite spacious and comfortable . It had a Double , 2 singles and a Camp bed for the 3rd child , All the beds were very comfortable which made for a good nights sleep, The only problem was the bathroom was freezing and had no heater of any sort.

Breakfast was very good with a great choice of everything from fresh fruit to a Fried breakfast, The staff were very helpful and we would recomend it as a base for a family of 5 , The City west Tram stop is a short walk away which brings you in to the City centre , It saves hassle of traffic and parking etc.
We would stay there again and it will be top of our list for our next Family trip to Dublin

Room Tip: Make sure you look for a Family room in a peaceful part of the hotel as it can be quite busy with fu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
County Antrim, N.Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

just stayed for yet another review of the Citywest Hotel just outside Dublin.
I have realised that when I have reviewed in the past, I have not really discribed the surroundings.
The hotel is great, but, if you think you can use it to help you get around Dublin city centre, you will be dissappointed. the hotel sits on the outskirts of the city and is in the quietest of suburbs.
Now the great news to report is that the 'Luas@ tram system that runs thru the whole of Dublin is now extended out to the Citywest. I had to use it myself for an urgent matter and it was so darned easy... the terminus for it is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel - and I mean 5 minutes. You turn out of the hotel gates, turn left. Walk a few minutes, turn right and there it is. You cant get lost.
for 4 euros you get a relaxing 40 minute journey thru all the streets of Dublin that lets you get a wee view of the people of Dublin. You get off at the other terminus and you are in Connolly Street, right in the centre. there are stops for the Luas all over the place and as long as you get the one back to Saggart, you are sorted. its as easy as your local bus...
Back to the hotel... yet again I was there with family for a long weekend. I had rang the week before to request that we would really love our two rooms close together and when I passed a comment on the two rooms we had in July, the girl took a note of the numbers.... and yes... we got the same rooms again... it was like coming home.
Again so clean. so warm and cosy.
We did do the restaurant - we love to try it - and apart from my personal 'nit-pick' of the not so nice chips, we enjoyed it. I had a cajun chicken burger which came on the freshest bun.... and was lovely. I have put a photo of my dessert on for you, had to take a snap of the darn thing, it was a shame to eat it, it was so nice to look at.
So, thank you Citywest for yet another lovely time. I dont know if you do have any grumpy staff, I have not met one yet..... and I think we have spoke to just about everyone there surely by now.
looking forward already to our next trip, and annoyed it wont be until next March, but, you wont stop us getting there.

Room Tip: this is the biggest hotel in Europe, if you dont want the 4 minute walk to reception, ask for one cl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Nov 12 for one night for a business conference.

The hotel has a lovely foyer and reception area. The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was very good and service excellent.

The bedroom was clean and cosy. You could adjust the temperature to your liking. The carpet was a little worn and dirty.

The main issue I had with the hotel was the distance the rooms were from the reception area. A good ten minute walk at least. If you forgot something in your room and only realised when you got to reception (which we did) it was a long walk back. This was quite inconvenient. I would not recommend this hotel for leisure for this reason. They should provide golf buggies to transport guests to their rooms!!
Also when you step out of the lift onto your floor the lights are motion sensitive so they only come on as you walk. I was on my own walking back to the room and I was quite scared. Ladies should be careful if walking back on their own as the corridors are very dark. Make sure to take flats with you.

I did not use the leisure club at this hotel.

The berakfast was decent and they had a good selection.

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception - if there is such a thing
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our time here . The staff were friendly and helpfull . The hotel is tastefully decorated and the bed was the best/biggest hotel bed we've ever slept in .We ate at the "lemon grass " restaraunt on site which is absolutely top class . A great experience overall

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

No faults to be found.
Hotel is stunning staff friendly food as bars amazing
All rooms with amazing views. Hotel is in it's own complex.
You can get lost in the romantic setting and can walk and admire views all night .
Gift shop and vending machine if you run out.
One small critique - no wifi in rooms only free phone broadband connector. Not good for iPhones or iPads . Free wifi in reception and bars.

• Stayed November 2012
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

At an awards ceremony last night at this hotel. Accommodation was good nice room on ground floor spacious and clean. Dinner at the conference has to be the worse meal ever served, it was overcooked, food was thrown on the plates vegetables were overcooked, potatoes were synthetic and the 5 roast potatoes on my plate you would think were cooked a few days before and reheated. Beef was the worse ever served big lumps of black/brown overdone meat. This has to be the worse example of food served, any tables I could see left most of the food on the plates. Staff in general were uninterested and not customer friendly. Lady in lounge bar at lunch time was pleasant and friendly. This hotel is a great location with Lucas very near for city access.

Room Tip: Ground floor near reception as huge hotel very spread out.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A lovely hotel, well signposted off N7, and a lovely double room. I was located on the 4th floor of the Swift wing and as it is such a huge hotel had to walk about 5 mins to my room, the lifts brought me to Ground floor but no where near reception! The food at the Conference was nice, and breakfast was ok, not the nicest Hotel breakfast ever but not the worst either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Citywest Hotel, Conference & Event Centre? Share your experiences!