“Good steaks........” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good steaks........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Ate here with colleagues from work.

NIce atmosphere if a little modern but bar staff and waitress excellent....tried a couple of local Dublin beers and then enjoyed a great fillet steak on the stone. Highly recommended.

All in all a good meal and not bad value for what we paid including the wine and beers........

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Food not up to standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I visited this Pub last weekend with my family.The service was not great it took several attempts to attract a waiter eventually it took the manager to notice we were not service. I ordered the special a meat pie,which was extremely hot burnt the roof of my mouth. It was extremely greasy but did have a flavour. The pie crust was over cooked,maybe added to heat to heat the pie up i suspect. My son had the steak, was not asked what way he would like it cooked. My wife had the fish just no flavour,with chips which turned out to be slices of cooked potatoes again dried out more like crisps, a mixed leaves add on which had no place on the dish. I had read other reviews which prompted me to visit so i hope my experience was a once off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“A welcome addition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Yes I enjoyed the food here, on the maiden voyage I had the hake and risotto which was delicious and the steak on a stone the second time, equally good. The service was good and there was a good mix of families and groups of women eating around us. You can't book and it was busy on both occasions. There are huge telly screens everywhere which was a little distracting I could do without them. The atmosphere was lively. Great to see a new, local place to go. We'll be back for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Second great meal there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went to Carrolls Gastropub in Lucan last week - second time I have had food there . Both times I have had the Fillet steak on the stone , was so good the first time I had it again . It was really busy ( a Friday night ) and had to wait for a table but it was worth it . My friends had pork belly , hake and beef and Guinness pie - all very happy . A nice bottle ( or two !) of red wine ( Tapaz) washed it all down . Great to have such a place locally .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, Spain
“Great food !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

A lovely experience , I strongly recommend it to everyone. They are very flexible and kind ! Great food and they also have many beers to chose !