“Not bad....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown

You added Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown to your Saves list
Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Park, Sandyford, Leopardstown Dublin 18, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Northern Ireland
“Not bad....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We got an offer for 59 euros, so decided to try this hotel. It's a sister of the airport one, but with better public rooms.

The hotel is convenient for the M50 and the all-important Luas tram to the city centre (about 20 minutes to St. Stephen's Green - 5 euros return).

As a fairly new building, there is nothing shabby or run-down, and everything in the large room worked well. The en-suite was particularly good, and there's a trouser press/ironing board too. The room was quiet and well soundproofed, with a free digital safe and proper spyhole in the chunky door.

Breakfast was advertised at 12 euros, but after the lacklustre fare of the airport hotel, we declined. Reception was efficient and polite, while the whole place was very clean.

There was a 10 euro charge for the underground carpark.
Overall verdict ; For what we paid? ......A bargain.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ColmMurphy, Front Office Manager at Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you found the hotel to be such great value for money. Next time you stay, I would suggest trying the breakfast, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a good experience here before, but was disappointed on week of Xmas 2013. We booked a family room: my 7-year old son was given a pull-out bed on which the slats were broken and replaced by ply-wood. He had a very uncomfortable night. The floor of the room had not been cleaned and the bathroom could have been cleaner. There was no hot water at 7am in the morning. There were additional payments required also. Soap was E1.50 to buy. There were 2 bottles of mineral water in the room at E4 each, if opened. The car park was quite expensive also.
There were 2 fire alarms during the night, due to the cigarette disposal bin, at the main door, going on fire. Unfortunately, staff were clueless about procedures as the ran about not knowing what to do and were unwilling to offer hot refreshments to freezing guests.
Hotel is in a great location, but badly let down by lack of comfort, extra charges and staff.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction, and the issues that you raised with regard to the sofabed and other issues in the room have been brought to the attention of the accommodation manager.

As you correctly pointed out, there was a small fire in the hotel on the night you stayed. This was not simply a bin fire however, and it was necessary for us to evacuate the hotel. While we appreciate that this was a particularly cold evening, our main priority was the safety of all guests and ensuring that everyone was safely evacuated from the building, while the fire service dealt with the issue. I'm sure you will understand that until such a time as the fire department was satisfied that it was safe for people to return to the building, we were not in a position to offer any warm beverages to guests. As soon as we were told it was safe to turn on equipment, all guests were offered the choice of returning to their rooms or going to the bar for a warm drink.

I would like to assure you that all staff have been fully trained on how to deal with such a difficult situation as an evacuation and all those involved acted in accordance with internal procedures, and the fire department were complimentary of our efficient handling of the situation.

When the fire alarm went off, the boilers,and all other equipment automatically shut off, and while these were all reset once we were given the all clear, we did have an issue with hot water in some area's of the hotel on the morning following the fire and I apologise unreservedly for this.

Having stayed with us before, you will know that the events of your last stay are not the norm for us, and I do hope you will return, where I am sure you will find everything to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly if you wish to make a future booking on 01-2935000.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here one night last week. We arrived about 6pm with long line at check in. Check in staff ok but lobby crowded and floor had a lot of rubbish thrown around. Had a sandwich at the self service buffet bar........over cooked chicken baguette, ham and cheese in brown bread........expensive and tasteless. Only thing good was the coffee. Room on the 5th floor basic and looking out on empty car park, yet the underground car park we had to use was very difficult to navigate (bollards everywhere) and almost full.
On returning to hotel after our evening out the lobby was still strewn with empty glasses, bottles and other rubbish. I used the lobby bathroom and it was worse......used nappies, papers, water on floor. No, we will not be returning. This hotel needs more staff on duty and better management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to read that your experience was so poor. I would very much like to opportunity to discuss your experiences with you in person, and I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on 01-2935000 or via email gsm.leopardstown@bewleyshotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cobh, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have stayed there several times now and have failed to be dissapointed. Situated close to the M50 motorway and the Luas line it is very accessible whether you dive or use public transport. It is has become our first choice when visiting Leopardstown. Their packages include breakfast, race tickets and transfers to some meetings. Racing fans should enjoy the comfort.
A lively bar and affordable food make it very attractive.

Room Tip: If there is a purpose to your visit such as racing in nearby Leopardstown check the special offers w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued GUest,

Thank you for you review.

I was glad to read that the hotel is always your 'first choice' when visiting the area. The racing packages, which you correctly describe as Bed, Breakfast, tickets and transfers to the races are great value for racing enthusiasts and are available for most of the big race meets in Leopardstown.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel for the next meeting!

Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and got a good deal - 2 nights bed and breakfast and one 2course dinner for €179. The hotel is nice but I found that the whole hotel no matter where you went was WAY too hot (bearing in mind we went in the middle of December while a storm was in full swing) - cannot imagine staying in the summer. We got chocolate from the vending machine a couple of times and it was completely melted! Just an example of how hot it was - same in bedrooms. Got a smoking room as the boyfriend smokes but it actually stank so bad we had to buy candles as well as leaving the window open all night for the 2 days...I know it was our choice to get a smoking room but we always do when we go away and this was unbearable - I think it was as a result of not having the carpet cleaned, the heat and the lack of ventilation. As well as this the TV in the room was very old fashioned and we were missing a chair and a few other bits, also a shortage of towels which I understand is because of their "energy saving" environmnetally friendly schemes (turning down the heating would be a better start hehe!) Also felt having to pay 10euro a night for parking was a rip off. Bad points aside, the bar was cosy with the fire lighting and the highlight for me was the breakfast - freshly made coffee to order (cappuccion latte etc) thought this was a nice touch although we only got it one morning. The staff cooking the breakfast were very nice and accommodating also. The dinner was average - didn't like the focus they placed on the face the dinner was included in our package and asked for our voucher before they would take our order -felt we were treated differently to others as a result. Overall an okay hotel for a night if you have something on close by, but I wouldn't recommend it and wouldn't go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your stay was not as you expected. The issues you highlighted have been discussed in full at our weekly operations meeting.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My company used their meeting rooms for an off site planning meeting, facilities aren't great with a lot of background noise from the floors above. Flipcharts falling apart no pens provided, had to remind them to provide tea and coffee. If you are based in Sandyford then it is well located but if not then there options with other hotels with better facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologise for the poor impression this visit has left you with. I can assure you that this is not the norm for us. I have discussed the issues that you have raised with our Conference and Banqueting Co-Ordinator and she has expressed that she would like to discuss your experiences with you in more detail. As such, we would greatly appreciate if you would contact Karen directly on 01-2935000 or via email on cb.leopardstown@bewleyshotels.com

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Was booked in here by a colleague so did not know what to expect. I needn't have worried as it was first class all the way. Clean, comfortable and well equipped rooms with a busy e.g. atmospheric bar area. I didn't enjoy the breakfast arrangements so much - full of students on a coach tour using the canteen style kitchen.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that we did not disappoint and that you found the hotel to be "first class".

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!