“Better than average but terrible wifi” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown

You added Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown to your Saves list
Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Park, Sandyford, Leopardstown Dublin 18, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
London
“Better than average but terrible wifi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice hotel, bigger and better rooms than average for a hotel of this price, good breakfast, wonderful staff, but very poor wifi
Make sure you don't get a room overlooking the courtyard (even numbered rooms) as the aircon noise will be disturbing for some

The location is poor - there is nothing at all nearby except a LUAS stop to get away from the hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room overlooking the courtyard (even numbered rooms) as the aircon no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear xbsurrey,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We did have an issue regarding the WIFI but this has now been sorted out.
I do hope I get to welcome you back to Bewleys Hotel in the near future

Colm Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Monaghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We'd stayed here before a couple of years ago and as we were in the area thought we'd stay here again. We spent ages trying to find a parking spot, the spaces are small with lots of concrete pillars dotted about and as cars are getting larger they were taking 2 spaces or squashing in where they could so be warned if you are taking your pride and joy. We knew of the charge for parking but still do not think it's fair you have to pay extra for parking as it's not a city centre hotel. We booked a family room on the 2nd floor and it was large and had a sofa, single and double bed, they had supplied a travel cot as I put the age of our child as 2yrs which was a nice touch seeing as I hadn't booked one. The only fault I had with the room was that the pillows were too soft and would have been nice to have a choice like a hotel chain in the UK. Oh, and only drink the bottled water supplied if you are willing to pay the €4 charge per bottle. There was a radiator which heated up quickly when we needed heat. We arrived at 8pm and as we checked in the receptionist booked us in at the restaurant for 8.30, when we got there it wasn't overly busy but we did have to wait a long time for our food to come which we were surprised about due to it not being busy. While I was eating I realised I'd forgotten to buy some milk before we arrived and as my husband didn't fancy leaving the car park for fear of not getting parked again we asked the waitress if there was a shop near by, she said there wasn't but she said she'd ask the manager if she could give us some milk and as we asked for the bill she presented us with a generous supply which was very good of them. Breakfast was nice but a bit confusing and had to ask how it worked as you join the queue and at the till either give your room number of pay if breakfast is not in your hotel price. Staff at checkin and the restaurant were curtious and helpful. All in all a good hotel with hidden extras.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear eeyoreAly,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my team looked after you. Regarding the carpark we are in the process of having the spaces re mapped so hopefully this will assist in making it more user friendly.
I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Tipperary, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

They car park at Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown is not safe to park your car in, my car was broken into on the 24th August in the 2nd level of their car park and apparently the CCTV did not cover the area where my car was parked. I was under the impression that all areas were covered with CCTV especially as 2 cameras were in view of my car.

The hotel staff kept fobbing me off saying they will get someone more experienced to look at the CCTV and that they will get the manager to ring me back, They never rang me back I had to chase them up on it all the time. But still no information from them. Their customer service is totally lacking. I was disgusted by their behaviour from a big chain of hotels.

I have stayed in many Bewley's hotels over the years and have never received such bad customer service.

I will never stay here again and if you value your possessions you won't either, The car park is not a safe place to park your car and they charge you 10 euro a night for an unsafe car park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed in Bewleys hotel leopardstown for just one night as part of a work package. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Water is provided in the room but at €4 per bottle i'd advise that you walk accoss the road and about 200 yards to shop where you can get 2 bottles for €2.
Room was large and comfortable but no air conditioning in my room on 5th floor so was very warm during the night. Breakfast was tasty but the kitchen closed at exactly 11.30 as was timetabled for saturday mornings so I was not able to get a cup of tea as I hadnt bothered when getting my meal so a bit more flexibility with the times would have been nice.

Room Tip: Lovely view from the front with glimpse of sea but noisy traffic during the night if windows left op...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear BrendanCarlow,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope to get to welcome you back in the near future.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

stayed here for the all-ireland weekend. i took in the races also. there was a free shuttle bus to the races. only 5 mins drive.the hotel is new and clean. the prices are fair. the food is great. and for the 9 of us traveling together the late night bar and all night food is a great idea. the room
was big and clean. would recomend this hotel for groups.

Room Tip: my room was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear slinkieireland,
Thank you so much for your very positive review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardtown.
I hope to get to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Out of town but right on the Luas so great for getting in! Poor ventilation in rooms and communal areas, friendly staff, real budget hotel feel. In the middle of a commercial/industrial centre. We couldn't wait to leave as the air quality was really poor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lorayned,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was glad to read to positive comments on the staff.
If you stayed in the unusually hot weather this summer it possibly was uncomfortable, however as we are at the foot of the mountains and close to the sea the air quality is usually exceptional.
I do hope on your next visit you give us another try and experience this for your self.

Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent three days in the hotel during a business trip. I found the rooms comfortable, and the service friendly. The hotel can be reached easily from the airport by the shuttle bus, the ride takes about one hour.

By far the biggest negative issue is the location in a business park far away from the center of Dublin. So there is no quick exit from from the hotel room to a lively city street, pub, or restaurant. The center can be reached by a tram/train in a forty minutes or so.

The hotel is best suited for the business traveler who is interested in quiet evenings in a reasonably comfortable room. I would not recommend it for the tourist/city dweller in search of Irish atmosphere..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Risto H,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We are on the Luas (our local tram system) and we are only about 20 minutes to the St Stephens Green.
I do hope to welocome you back in the near future .

Colm Murphy

Been to Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!