“A lovely surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ireland
“A lovely surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A group of us tried out the Steak Room for Father's Day recently and were bowed over by the exceptional service and value for money. The food was excellent and plentiful, we will be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
“Love the terrace!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The best thing about the queens is being able to sit out on the terrace on a sunny day and watch the world go by. The food is fine- just what you would expect from any pub. We had the club sandwich with chips and the vegetable soup. I found there was a bit too much melted cheese and mayo on the sandwich for my taste- a bit too greasy for me. I found the service was very good. A very nice lady (the owner?) checked with us several times that we were ok and had everything we needed. Perfect spot for lunch on a nice day!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
west sussex
“Well worth the visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent! Steak (large!) on a stone was a new experience to us, staff were very helpful with this. Nice side dishes, great chips, friendly atmosphere, will certainly go back to the Queens if we're back in Dalkey, which I hope we will be.

Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Dreadful service, misleading menu and mediocre food. Avoid!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I went here on a Sunday afternoon for a bite to eat for lunch. We took a table outside and were given menus immediately, but no drink order was taken. It was just midday when we sat down so it wasn’t too busy at this stage. 10 mins later we finally managed to get a waitresses attention to take our order, when we mentioned that we had been waiting too long, she completely ignored this! The menu is ok, a few salads, burgers, sandwiches and bigger meat and fish dishes. The chicken wings were popular and being served to lots of diners, and I have had these before, and they are very tasty! Glasses of water and drinks were brought quickly enough and food was brought in good time too. My husband had the burger which he was very happy with and it was very big with a good size portion of chips. I ordered the lemon, fennel and chicken salad, and got something very different, albeit reasonably tasty. I assumed a mistake had been made in the kitchen so didn’t eat it and tried to get attention of a waitress. It got to the point where my husband was almost finished, so I began to eat it. The chicken was nice, and plenty of it, but the rest of the salad was so bland. I eventually got the waitresses attention and explained that there was no lemon or fennel, and she said “there is” I moved the leaves around to show that there was no fennel, and explained that there was no point bringing me something else as my husband was almost finished. The manager then came out to ask me why I was unhappy. He explained that the chicken was marinated in lemon and fennel, even though I could not taste this, and it did not state this on the menu, he didn’t offer an apology or seem to care. I was pretty disappointed to see we were still charged for this on our bill.
I will not come back here again and I do not recommend it. The service is bad and food only average. I saw a fellow diner explain to a waitress that he was waiting too long for his drink order, her response was “oh right”.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The queens pasta was one of the best! The tomato cream sauce was favorite for my daughter and myself. The service wasn't great, the steak room was open and they were pretty busy but loved the queens pasta!

• Visited May 2013