“Can't fault it ! Highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Porterstown Road, Castleknock Dublin 15, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellingborough
“Can't fault it ! Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been stopping there on business for years, and on this occasion, took advantage of one of their special offers to take my wife to Dublin for a few days. It's always been good, and on one of their 'special offers', extremely good value. We couldn't fault the food, with their evening meal / brasserie menu, and the restaurant area, being 1st class. Their breakfasts have to be among the best I've ever had. We found all the staff to be unfailingly polite and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear SoulSurvyvr

Let me sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments. It makes me very proud to read your words. We do try our best to be the ideal venue for corporate & leisure guests so I am glad you had the opportunity to experience the hotel from both perspectives

Thank you again & we look forward to welcoming you back

Guy Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Straffan, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had been recommended this by friends but were quite disappointed. The room was fine and clean and the decor was very modern. But we found the staff quite cold and unwelcoming. There was a generator of some sort and the cleaning staff's office beside our room so it was very noisy. The breakfast was sub-standard and I was also very brusquely informed that I would be charged extra for a cappuccino - this is the first time I have ever heard of that in a 4 star hotel - which was the final straw. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear byrned17

I do appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We always try our very best to offer a warm & friendly service to all of our guests, so I must say I am extremely surprised and disappointed to read your comments and sorry that you felt this way. Like any hotel, we do experience issues and problems but customer service has consistently been our strongest performing result. If you do decide to return to us on a future occasion, I do hope we can change your opinion.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ordered a family room for me & wife plus 3 kids, given double room with a sofa bed.
Awful food in the restaurant. Also very expensive for what it is.
And get this.....guests have to pay to use the pool. Nice touch there.
No chance I would stay here again, nor would I recommend to friends or family.

Room Tip: agree in advance your room type, get it in writing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bohsfan

Thank you for your comments. I would like to clarify that some of your points mentioned are incorrect. Firstly all of our guests can avail of full complimentary use of our leisure centre during their stay, which includes our swimming pool, kiddies pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room & Gym. This has always and will always be the case.

The family room you mention is recommended for 2 adults & 2 children sharing under 8 years and we communicate this to guests upon booking by phone and through our website. We would never sell this room to a family of three children if this was known as it breaches our own procedures. If you mentioned this problem to any of our staff or managers upon arrival in your room, we could have resolved this issue. We do have a larger family room option, which is two interconnecting room’s, these rooms would provide a lot more space for families.
I am sorry if you were disappointed with your meal but once again, I would hope that you contacted a member of our team who would have happily resolved the situation.

meath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

a nice out of the way hotel, well laid out, nice bar and spacious lounge area. stayed over night
a while back and liked the place. decided to go back for lunch and a drink on sunday.
i have to say we were very disappointed with the carvery, it was cold, skimpy and way over priced @ 29euro for 2 main course's. i would go back again but not for food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear meathone

Let me thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I would like you to know that we do take all feedback very seriously and I will certainly take all points on board in relation to our carvery lunch. Since your visit however, in January, our chefs have made some changes and improvements to our carvery menu.

I do hope you decide to return to the hotel and maybe you can try our alternative menu options. One option would be our a la carte menu, in the Park Restaurant, which has won an AA rosette award for food & service excellence.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is my 6th time now staying in this hotel and my experiences are getting better each time.The service of the hotel staff on the reception desk and in the bar and restaurent was first class and they seemed genuinely pleased to be serving you.The rooms in a quite corner of the hotel were quite and peaceful (in contrast to my 1st experience with this hotel a number of years ago).The bar menu for lunch and dinner was excellent value and the food served with a smile and understanding for the children's needs was really very good.The only slight disappointment for our stay was that the bacon for the breakfeast was undercooked and tasteless.The rest of the breakfeast was fantastic and the fruit on offer was very good.
All in all I would have no hesitation in recomending this hotel to prospective clients.

Room Tip: Rooms in a quite corner of hotel is advisable
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Macker36

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am thrilled to read that you have been here 6 times. I truly appreciate when guests choose to return to stay with us, and to read that your stays are getting better each time is just wonderful. You really are a loyal guest.
All your points mentioned have certainly been taken on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club.
wATERFORD CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here on an quick over night stop on Wednesday 9th January on short notice.As always excellent front of house service and excellent check in..Very impressed with the up dated bar menu. Great selection and good price.Tried the burger with the apple wood cheese and I must say it was delicious and tasty.Friendly service and speed check out made the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Berlitz

Let me thank you sincerely for taking the time to post your comments. Your words fill me with pride and I am really glad you had this experience throughout your stay.
I do hope you return to us in the near future

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed with Friends in Executive King room which was beautiful also had treatment Tonic Health & Day Spa which was relaxing and they are so efficient, had dinner in dining room which was nice and restaurant very busy, bit confusion with Language of waiter but food was good especially Fish. used the Gym and pool which was clean and staff friendly. Definately would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear abberleyhouse98

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your lovely comments. Our executive rooms have been recently renovated to include lots of extra features so I am thrilled you had the opportunity to enjoy these facilities. Our team of staff look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Guy Thompson

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!