“Good Location but!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Enterprise Boulevard, I-24 Exit 64, La Vergne, TN 37086 (Formerly Super 8 Lavergne/Smyrna)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Vergne
Bloomington
“Good Location but!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The location is near I24 so a good location for our trip to Florida. However, the reservation we made was not what we were initially given. They first asked when we made the reservation as an effort to deflect their mistake. I had the confirmation and a follow up welcome email so that did not work. We did get our handicapped accessible room. We first noticed the smell in the elevator, then in the hallway and then in the room. We had a non-smoking room but a smell was definitely present. The size of the room was okay and internet worked okay. The breakfast was also okay but nothing special.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Girard
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here one night while travelling with my father and sister. It was a bad experience. The location of the hotel is not the best, giving us a little bit of an uneasy feeling. There was a large oil spot in the parking lot, probably from a vehicle leaking.

House keeping leaves a lot to be desired through out the hotel, including the rooms. There was a very noticeable odor of some sort throughout the lobby and lower level but we did not smell it on our floor.

We needed a room with a sleeper sofa and what we found when we opened up the sofa was the mattress was very old, falling apart at the seems, springs exposed and looked dingy and dirty. I went to the front desk and they offered us another room. So we went with the clerk to check it out and found the very same thing. They offered us a roll away and then found out the one(s) they had were already in use.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Keep driving, don't stop here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Morganton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My trucking company has recently contracted with this hotel for its drivers whenever a room is required. Very glad they did, too! Great accommodations w/king bed, TV, fridge/microwave, etc. There are ample spaces for truck/trailer parking! Clean rooms, breakfast too! Of course our company receives a discounted rate but even the rack rate is a great value! When in La Vergne check out the Quality Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I booked the reservation for $70.00 and was charged $79.00. I was told that there was a difference because of being next to an elevator versus not being next to an elevator. Same room. Upon checking into the room, there was hair in the tub, the toilet had a ring around it as if had not been cleaned in weeks, and the sink is cracked. The hotel has musky odor through out the entire property and the lobby smells like a cigar smoke room. As does most of the first floor. The was my first stay in a Choice property in nearly fifteen years. This will also be my last. The property is outdated and needs a remodel and a very deep clean!

Room Tip: Choose another property for a good room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great location right off I-24, a few minutes south of Nashville. Front desk staff was always friendly, housekeeping staff very helpful and gave us extra decaf. I really like the in-room coffee makers. The breakfast was a bit sparse--I was hoping for yogurt--but coffee, fresh fruit and Danish were fine. There was a waffle maker and a crockpot which might have had grits--I don't eat them so I didn't check. There were a lot of soccer and bowling team people when we were there, and the front desk clerk told us that it might get noisy, but it never did. It was so quiet that we even had our window open a little bit. There are no good restaurants in walking distance, but a big retail strip in Smyrna which is just a few minutes away. The bed was a bit soft but there were plenty of pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
mattoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have stayed her a few times on trips to Florida.. We like the location as it gets us thru Nashville on our trip south. The place is clean and comfortable, with a standard motel breakfast, and the price is fair. The staff is friendly and we will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Austell, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites LaVergne, TN July 6-7, 2013. We used points for our stay, thereby our total cost was $0.

We were staying overnight on our way home from Nashville. For one night's stay, the hotel worked fine for us. Though the property is old, we could tell that they were putting some money into renovations.

For instance, the hallways and corridors look as if they were freshly redone. The rooms also look as if they've had some retouches. Though the bedspread and blanket in our room had a few cigarette burns in it, they were clean, as well as the room. The TVs were not flat screens, but hey - we were only there one night, so we were not too concerned about it. The bed was quite comfortable, but the pillows were a bit sparse.

The major drawback was the breakfast. I've stayed in a lot of Choice properties as a rewards member, and I can tell you that the breakfast was bare-bones. No scrambled eggs - just hard-boiled eggs. But they did have sausage links, which were tasty! I also liked the waffle iron where you could make up to 4 mini-waffles - it was great to make as many or as few as you could eat (I myself could only eat 2 of the mini-waffles, so less waste). But there was no yogurt or grits, no gravy for the biscuits. There was dry cereal and oatmeal packets. There was also coffee and pastries. But it was nothing special. This is an area in which they need to shore up their offerings to their guests.

Also, there was not coffee available in the evenings, but the front desk lady did give us some extra coffee to take upstairs and make in our room.

The hotel has an indoor pool, which we used. It was nice after having walked around Nashville to just chill in the pool (no outdoor pool, which would have been a bummer except it was raining the whole day we were in town).

All in all, the hotel was great for a one night's stay for free. Not sure if I would pay to stay any longer than one night. Hopefully, the hotel will upgrade their breakfast - if it wasn't for the breakfast, my rating would have been higher.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!