“plesantly surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada La Vergne

You added Ramada La Vergne to your Saves list
Ramada La Vergne
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Enterprise Boulevard, La Vergne, TN 37086 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in La Vergne
cali.
“plesantly surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Ive stayed at this property on and off for the last six years this was my first stay since it changed to ramada from holiday inn and i gotta say somebody put some serious money and time into this convertion. Everything is new from the lobby to the rooms and public areas. The staff could use some more smiles but all and all it is and excelent hotel and value.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

The LaVergne Ramada has never disappointed. I spend quite a few nights on the road for my work and always look forward to my stay at the LaVergne, TN Ramada. They have always stressed cleanliness with their property and it shows. They recently went through a major renovation with their rooms and now have new furniture, plasma screen televisions, etc. I also have never experienced the usual glitches business travelers see such as missing reservations, commercial issues, poor food at breakfast, just to name a few.
They also stress customer service and everyone is very pleasant and sincerely enjoying their jobs. Prior to this note on a prior stay, I called back to speak with the manager about the evening person at the desk (a first for me). She is always wonderful and cheerful when she greets me after getting in late from my travel plans and was very deserving of the accolades passed to the manager.
I am currently planning a personal trip to the area with my family and we are definitely staying at the Ramada in LaVergne.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed at the property for two days for a conference. It was a great experience. I do a lot of traveling for work and stay at similar properties and most times it is not so great, but this was the exception. The property was very clean and up to date, and the staff was very courtesy and went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed. I even received a call from the owner during my stay to make sure that if there was anything else I needed that I should not hesitate to ask, I thought it was very courteous that he made the time to call, specifically since the property was so busy. Will definitely go back to this property anytime I am in the area.

manhattan, NY, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

This hotel is decent enough, if you don't expect much. The room was fairly clean and comfortable. The bed spread was a bit threadbare but not horrible.
The TV did not work in one room (only a few stations worked- ABC, Fox, and others did not) and the girl at the front desk proceeded to move me to three different rooms None of those TV's worked either. After wasting about 1.5 hours of my night shuttling room to room, I gave up and went back to the original room. The front desk girl was apologetic but not really helpful- she should have confirmed the lack of TV service before telling me to pack and move. But she was pretty and young and nice about it- so I got over it quickly!
The pantry style breakfast is standard fare. They do offer biscuits and gravy, though, if you have a hankering for that. There is a Waffle House across the street, if you want more heart attack-guilty pleasure type food. If you don't expect too much- this is a decent stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

The hotel is a little past its prime, but it is in good enough condition. Clean, safe, had a good experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Though nicely located just outside of Nashville (and more importantly, near the friend we were visiting), this Ramada is just kind of average. It's older; the windows don't open, the wallpaper is scuffed, and there were actually cobwebs hanging on the wall in our room (!). It's kind of tired, really, and could definitely use a cosmetic update. Furthermore, the bathroom floor...there was *stuff* on it, stuff that was now part of the floor. Maybe someone had been dyeing their hair in the bathroom and it wasn't removable (it was almost veneered on), but I noticed.

The walls are a bit thin (that or our neighbors were exceptionally noisy people, which is possible). Our last night there, I was awakened at 3AM by things brushing against the wall our bed's head met and will not share what else I was treated to. One can also tell when the "neighbors" are showering or using the other water facilities with ease.

That said, the staff is very nice. Our last night there, the gentleman at the front desk gave us a fabulous dinner recommendation which we really appreciated, not being chain-restaurant people at all. Never did we walk in the door without being greeted with a friendly smile and hello. The lobby is not fancy, but it's nice; there's also a dining room for breakfast.

Another note, especially for those with mobility issues: there is no elevator here.

Overall, it was just a place to sleep, but could have been more comfortable. I did like the oversized pillows, but the sheets were a bit scratchy. Next time, we'll probably try to find another place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I stayed one night at this HIE. I wasn't too sure what to expect when I pulled up as this is an older hotel. There is no elevator.
, so you know its older.

The rooms were updated and nice. The Internet access was a liitle slow.

They have the new HIE breakfast and that was good. The staff at the hotel is very friendly.

If you need to stay in this area, I would recommend this hotel. I might stay one exit further south as there are more choices.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada La Vergne? Share your experiences!