“A Top Hotel That give real value” 4 of 5 stars

You added Jackson's Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Glenfin Street, Ballybofey, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Ballybofey
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A Top Hotel That give real value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Now to start off with £120 for a night in a hotel sounds a lot to me, but it turned out to be a bargain.

For my £120 we got a suite with a king size bed over looking a lovely river and woods, breakfast and dinner!

When we first got to the hotel it seemed like a biking club had just started booking in but the staff cleared the queue within mintues we where up in our room within 10 minutes.

The evening meal we had was top, 3 course and coffee.

The room was very clean, with a 40" TFT TV and a 'lazyboy' tpye massarge chair which felt great after a long days driving.

Its a shame we only had 1 night there as i really liked it, the town was ok to 3 bars in the same street within 2 minutes walk.

ohh, and free wi-fi in the bar and other public areas to!!

• Liked — The Huge Room and Lazy Boy Chair
  • Disliked — The Speed of the lift, too slow
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RonniKerrigan, Sales & Marketing Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, we would like to show our thanks and appreciation for your kind remarks about your stay. We welcome you back with open arms and hope it's in the near future.

832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

We held our wedding reception at Jackson's Hotel this year and stayed for the whole weekend. The day itself was fantastic and the food was first class. Ankush, the manager and his staff made the whole reception run smoothly. The room looked beautiful and the guests had a wonderful time. Everyone remarked on how good the food tasted. Nothing was too much bother for the staff to do.
The actual bedrooms in the hotel are very comfortable and have a wonderful view at the back of the hotel.
The following evening we dined in the resturant with our family and again the food and service was excellent.
The hotel has a great vibe about it and is always busy with guests.
I have read some disappointing reviews on trip advisor but we did not encounter any of these problems. We will definitely be returning and so will a lot of our guests.

• Liked — spacious rooms, comfortable beds, great pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RonniKerrigan, Sales & Marketing Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, thank you for your kind review. We take great pride in offering the best Wedding experience possible for all our guests. It just pleases us dearly to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much. We welcome you back in the near future to re-live old Wedding memories. We would love to have you again!

ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

Im a Chef/Catering Tutor by profession and all I can say that I was shocked beyond belief by what I saw when Dining in Jacksons Hotel one Sunday afternoon. During the meal (which was awful (table not set properly, soup lukewarm, staff unhelpful and a general felling of a 'couldn't care less' attitude), I needed to visit the 'Ladies' , so proceeded to walk through a connecting corridor, onto which the back entrance to one of the kitchens can be seen..and to my horror I saw a dog eating from a slop bucket standing by a 'Chef's' side in the kitchen. I really couldn't believe my eyes. I always always underline the importance of following the H.A.C.C.P system to my students and following it to the latter. Why oh why is that procedure obviously NOT being followed or indeed put in place in this particulat hotel???. To me there really is no point in having 'grandeur' when the basic procedures are NOT in place...!!! Do they not realise that Environmental Health Officers have the right to enter premises at any given time? Or in their wisdom do they think they are above that?. I certainly will NEVER enter those premises again. I value my health..!!

• Liked — no comment at all
  • Disliked — Bad access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, we would like to point out that we are a pet friendly Hotel. Pets are extensions to the family for most hence we do not like to discriminate. In regards to your comment, we have strict guidelines that no animals can be based anywhere near the kitchen or dining facilities. We conform to all current Health standards and have had no issues with this problem before. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way.

belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

The hotel promises a restful stay. This was not the case. Our hotel bedroom was almost directly over a reception area where a wedding was being held. Knowing that this event would continue into the early hours we requested a change of room. There was no other room available. We eventually got to sleep at approx 3am. There was no apology from the hotel. The staff were wearing uniforms which in most cases were badly stained. Breakfast was poor. One elderly lady attempted to cater for a very busy dining area with just some assistance from 2 waitressing staff. Toast was cold and served uncut on a saucer. Sorry but would not attempt to return to this hotel. Very disappointing.

• Liked — the fact that we stayed for less than 24 hours
  • Disliked — noisy and poor hygiene
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, we are sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your trip. We enjoy large numbers of weddings throughout the year and I apologise that we were booked up and unavailable to offer you an alternative room. We pride ourselves on offering high quality meals for all our guests and I will take your comments on board and take the necessary steps to rectify them.

Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights from the 29th June. I was very concerned having read the previous bad reviews (after I had booked) and was considering moving hotels. I contacted the hotel to explain my concerns and was assured by the hotel that there would be no problems and decided to take them at their word. The did not disappoint. Our rooms (in the new part of the hotel) were spacious and clean, which leads me to beliveve the problems other travellers had was with the rooms in the old part of the hotel. We got an exceptional deal Euro 190 for 4BB3D, and the food could not be faulted in any way as far as we were concerned, it was plentfiul and there was a great selection. The staff are to be commended, they always had a smile on their faces and nothing was too much trouble (a rareity I find more and more these days!).
There is a lovely ambience in the hotel, we found it especially relaxing to sit by the fire in the foyer after dinner (as it would seem did most of the other guests).
The only comment I would make is that its a bit confusing initially finding your room in the new part of the hotel as you have take the elevator/stairs in reception to the first floor of the old part of the hotel, then follow the green and white tiled floor around corners and down "the glass bridge" as some guests named it to the new part of the hotel where you take another lift/set of stairs to your respective floor. Having said that, its not actually that far and you do get used to it quickly and can always pop out the back door if you are parked out there and are heading off for the day.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Spacious Room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, Thank you for your generous comments on your 4 - day stay with us. We take great pride in making our guests feel at home and have a wonderful time and it's great to hear that you enjoyed it all so much.

We welcome you back with open arms and look forward to seeing you soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

My partner and I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was really lovely. I was worried when I read the previous reviews on here but in the end, the hotel was exactly what we were looking for for a mid-week break. Rooms were clean and well-maintained and the staff were very pleasant and professional. We had a breakfast included as part of our package which was lovely also. I would definitely recommend Jackson's to anyone!

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful time and would recommend us to your friends and family. We hope you come back to visit us again soon. You're very welcome!

N.Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

The room we were given was very shabby and the pillows were stained yellow with the saliva of former guests. No way could i leave my head on it. We then paid extra to up grade to the new part of the hotel this was an improvement and we were happy enough having paid the extra but should a clean room not come as standard! On the first night we were awakened by an alarm going off that was beyond there control but on the Saturday night the noise of the music from the wedding going on went on to the middle of the night. Add on a group of smokers below our window who had there own party going on then the people beside us returning to there rooms at 3.30 banging on the door and demanding to be let in. Oh i could go on but i really have to get some sleep. Take my advice dont stay there.

Stayed June 2008
On behalf of Jackson's Hotel, we are sorry to hear that your experience was not what is should have been. We have cleaning and maintenance personnel that could have availed of with a quick call to reception. We are also sorry that you did not ask to be moved again if you still were not happy. I apologise, but sometimes there are simply circumstances out of our control and we ask for a little guest patience and discretion.

We do hope to return to us again however.

Jackson's Hotel

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!