We are just home from our trip to the Santa Hotel, which was enjoyed by the whole family. We checked in early yesterday and was offered a delux upgrade in the new part of the hotel, this was great as we have 3 kids and needed the extra room. The only downside of the delux room is that is in the new part of the hotel and a bit of a trek to get back to reception area but our kids enjoyed the walk and the chance to get in two lifts, real novelty!!
The room itself was clean and spacious not overly 'delux' but perfectly ample for a family break. We ate in the Bistro before the show which was quite but the food was very good and very reasonable, we will definitely return to it even if we are not staying.
We were advised to be in the Foyer for 5.30 for the 6 o clock show. The elves came out around 5.50 to sing christmas songs which the children really enjoyed. Because it was a Thurs nite, it was quite quiet but I think that was a bonus for us. We then went into the bar area for Hot Chocolate and more songs. We only just got our hot chocolate when we were ushered out to go to the show. I think we could have had more time here or perhaps join the carol singing with the hot chocolate so that children have time to let it cool and drink it.
We then went into the function room for the show. Overall I think the show was good and the children enjoyed it, but there is room for improvement. I'd love to see the elves wearing mics so that they could be heard more clearly. Santa was good and the picture was lovely, although we only noticed today that the card was stamped with last years date, not a huge problem, just something to watch out for.
When we left Santa we went to the Bouncy Castle and then walked round the little sheds, kids just wanted to stay on bouncy castle though. We were then moved on to the Christmas movie in another room, which the kids loved and was just a great length. We accompanied throughout by elves who although they were v young, were v good with the children. I just felt that the whole show was a bit rushed and could easily go on for another while.
We had breakfast this morning in the Bistro which was very good although I think they could run it on to 10.30am.
Overall, as I said earlier we ALL really enjoyed the trip and we found all the staff to be very friendly, approachable and chatty. The children loved the whole Santa experience and we will definitely return again. Anything I have mentioned above is purely to help improve the experience for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling village of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal