“lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Dublin, Ireland
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

we stayed for 4 days and it was really relaxing . Room was lovely food was excellent. The staff were all very nice Joe the barman was excellent and Alvin really good at their jobs.The fire in reception was very welcoming. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Moya C, Sales and Marketing Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Philomena,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Jackson’s Hotel, and that our staff provided the level of service in which we are known for. Again, thank you for your lovely feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Moya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent a night there this week-end....beautiful meal in the restaurent....try the Spratt...great choice on menu, very reasdnably priced. Live Music in the lounge and Rooms so beautifully decorated, def deserving of 5 stars. Breakfast equally impressive....a refreshing walk around the beautiful Drumboe woods after breakfast was the icing on the cake....highly recommend...

Room Tip: ask for a view of the river Finn..it's an amazing site to wake up to.....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Elaine M, Director of Sales at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here @ Jacksons Hotel. I am delighted to read how your enjoy your night and credit us with 5 stars. you mention your beautiful meal in our restaurant, we do our utmost to cater for all individual tastes within our menu choices and it is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback. Our live music in the lounge is always very popular and i am pleased you enjoyed same. All of our guests who get the chance to experience a stroll through Drumboe woods always find it such a lovely experience and we are blessed to be located alongside this beautiful walk.
Thank you once again for reviewing your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back when your travels allow
Antrim, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in your hotel on Saturday for one night. Check in was quick and polite but the walk to find the room was a downfall, the hotel is so big that this cannot be helped. once i had got to my room along with my friends that were in the room beside me we were very disappointed as we had got the old build part of the hotel resulting in the rooms being very very dated, smelly, mould on the walls, beds were very uncomfortable with dips in the middle, there was a dog barking in the room across the hall and the smell of dog turned my stomach. I rang reception to enquire a change of room to the new build and asked if the new build rooms were prices the same as the old build which they are. the receptionist was very accommodating and moved myself and my friends to new build rooms and right beside each other again. we could not have been happier, rooms were beautiful, modern, fresh and my friends got a balcony which was huge. all staff were brilliant and friendly. I will point out that the price of the older build should most definitely be lower than the new build considering the massive difference in standards.

Room Tip: make sure you request a modern style room. room 401 and 402 are lovely
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Moya C, Sales and Marketing Executive at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Sophie,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Jackson’s Hotel, and that our reception staff was able to accommodate a change of room for you. We are very fortunate in having a great team of staff here who aim to ensure all guests have a memorable stay. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Moya
LEIXLIP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Jackson's hotel recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A large group of Welsh tourists were staying there too and were very impressed with the hotel.There is a lovely cosy reception/ lobby area as you enter the hotel with a fabulous big fireplace. A glowing log fire was burning in the grate. Here you'll find lovely. comfortable. Oriental furniture where you can sit and relax and read the complimentary newspapers by the fireside.There's a wonderful Bistro just off the lobby area serving very appetising meals at great prices.
There is a lovely bar off the lobby . There was a band playing a great variety of music and songs. The music wasn't too loud either which was good as we were able to converse as well. The owners of the hotel, Margaret & Barry Jackson were were very friendly towards everyone and made sure we were all well looked after.
We had a very nice en-suite bedroom with a very comfortable bed, The bed-linen as well as the room in general were spotlessly clean. Complimentary tea & coffee facilities were also provided. There was also a flat screen T.V. in the room too.
There is a fantastic Leisure Centre at the hotel with a 22 metre Swimming Pool, Fitness Suite, sauna, Jacuzzi & Aerobics room to enjoy.
We brought their Christmas Party Brochure home with us. They have great value Party Nights in the lead up to Christmas including discount overnight stayovers after the party.Don't go to the North Pole this Christmas!! They have great two night breaks for Families at " The Santa Hotel Section" of the Hotel, with Santa and his Elves etc etc! Wish I was young again!!!
There is a lovely new addition to the Hotel which incorporates Bedrooms, Conference Facilities, and exquisite Banquetting Rooms.
This is a Gem of a Hotel in Ballybofey in the beautiful, picturesque Highlands of County Donegal, with so much to see and do in the surrounding area. Check out this fab Hotel for yourself - you certainly won't be disappointed! - We weren't........AND... WE'LL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elaine M, Director of Sales at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience staying here @ Jacksons Hotel. It is such a pleasure to read how your enjoyed your stay, our warm welcome and wonderful food. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when your travels allow

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had heard a lot about Jacksons Hotel but had never stayed there, I was on a business trip to Dungloe from Belfast so deceided to break the journey and stay at Jacksons. I arrived on a dreadful night and after a two hour drive in appalling conditions I was not pleased to have to park a good 150 yards from the front door in the rear car park and walk in pouring rain carrying two bags. The reception staff were pleasant and I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor. The room bore little or no resemblance to the room shown on the online booking form, it was I suppose reasonably clean if a little dated, the televison had four working channels and try as I might I was unable to obtain any others. I ate in the bistro and the food was prompt and tasty but it was an odd setting as there were booths with high backs and whilst I could hear people laughing I was unable to see anyone.
I was up early the next morning and attempted to have a shower but I ran the shower from 6:50am to 7:15M but only cold water appeared. I dressed and went to reception as the phone wasnt answered, at reception I reported the issue to what was obviously the night porter but he could only say that he would report it. I went back to my room and got dressed for work obviously without having had a shower. I stood outside the breakfast room until 7:30 waiting on it opening until I was told that the breakfast was being served in a different part of the hotel, in the bistro in fact. I had a quick breakfast and went to check out, again reporting the fact that I was unhappy about the lack of hot water. The lad on reception asked if I would wait while he checked it out, as I was stood before him with two bags checking out of the hotel this seemed a bit late. No apology was offered and I was annoyed that my day had got off to such a bad start.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay @ Jacksons Hotel. I do apologize profusely for your experience encountered with us here during your stay. We would always urge guests if they have any issue to please bring it to the attention of a member of management so that we can rectify the situation during your stay. I am sorry to have read of your experience and would hope that in the future if your travels allow you would consider returning to us so that we can remedy your impression of the hotel

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

So much potential, but poor management.
During our stay the bar area was full but only 1 member of staff was on (who did a very good job but was clearly feeling stressed). They were getting maintenance done on the bar floor and we could not talk to each other due to the hotel deciding to use power tools during lunch time.
Food was average at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We had booked in for a late check out to enjoy a lie in with coffee and tv- no channels were working and we were interrupted on 2 separate occasions by different members of house keeping who just walked into our room without knocking as there were obviously not made aware of our late check out. They were also doing maintenance work on the roof above our room so our indulgent lie in was out of the question anyway!
There was no hot water for a shower on our check out day and when I challenged reception about this, I was met with 'you should have called'! An entirely redundant response as we were leaving that day.

Great location with beautiful views from rooms 413 to 420 (uninterrupted view of river). I think we caught them on a very bad weekend so you should take this review with a pinch of salt. However, if I need to stay in Ballybofey again, I'll be staying in the Villa Rose.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us @ Jacksons Hotel. It is lovely to read of your relaxing experience with the doves in our landscaped garden with the waterfall and to read of your friendly experience with all of our staff who do their utmost best to ensure your stay is everything you could wish for. As you say we offer both traditional style rooms as well as new contemporary superior bedroom and just depending on each guests requests we can allocate you to either style of room
Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us
Ballymena, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have just seen the most beautiful ballroom ever , while staying at Jacksons in Ballybofey Mike Denver was playing and he did not disapoint . The ballroom was the most spacious I or any of my friends have ever seen.The hotel was lovely the staff were brilliant so attentive and curtious . The food was amazing and to top it all off we had the pleasure of meeting Mr Jackson himself . So if you are looking for a relaxing time and to be treated like an old friend in a home from home setting remember to call at Jacksons in Ballybofey .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!