we arrived on 24th June 2011, groupon! when i had booked my stay (4 weeks ago approx) i had requested a disabled access room, I have Multiple Sclerosis, the room was nice the only access was a rail beside the loo, there was abath, no walk in shower, i would not rate this room disabled access, i rang reception and requested a disabled access room they moved us without any quibble to 303 approx 25 metres from the lift, i have sever walking difficulties and this walk to the room was up hill, to someone with the same problems will understand it was like a moutain trek. Had the meal in the main restaurant that night, it was foul to say the least, inedible. bar drinks great and staff very friendly. at 10.00pm back up on the lift to the 3rd floor and heEn the hike to the room.
I left the breakfast card on the outside of our door for collection to have breakfast in bed for 9.45am saturday morning. At 9.45am we had opened the door to find the card still on the door, i rang down and the reception staff where more than helpful to have delivery of our FULL irish breakfast, waiting patiencently for our food only to be dissappointed 45 mins later with one rasher of bacon one sausage and a rubber type fried egg, half pot of coffee and 4 slices of cold chewy toast, 8euro for the delivery.
at 11.15 as we left the 3rd floor the lift was out of order, reception staff as lovely asever were unable to do anything. at 3.00pm i decided with the help of my partner to try and decend 56 steps after the 25 metre walk from our room to get some fresh air and space from the dull room. had a lovely late lunch in the stationhouse hotel in letterkenny, (beautiful hotel booked for september here) we didnt want to leave but did go back and the lift was fixed. i dread to think if there had been a fire or bomb in Jacksons Hotel how the devil would i get out. defo 2.5 star, need to find out re disability access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRY THE EQUALITY COMMISSION. if gruopon was to try and drum up customi it wont work, your staff were great!!! disability parking very bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling village of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, Ireland - County Donegal