“Thank You!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Onoway, Canada
“Thank You!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Antoinette was kind enough to do some research on my family on short notice. I went in unannounced on a Monday and by Thursday she had found the church where my great-grandfather and grand-uncles had been baptised and also the townlands where they lived. My wife and I then spent the next couple of days visiting the beautiful area of Killaloe, visited the church, visited their homestead and enjoyed the scenery that my ancestors walked every day. To us the place was magical. To my great-great grandparents at that time, it was probably hell on earth. Imagining the conditions that they were forced to live in at the time, and then being forced to leave, was extremely emotional.
Thank you Antoinette for a glimpse into my family's past, the good and the bad! I can't wait to see the final report!
Ken Ryan

Visited July 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Clare Heritage Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

A few years ago the Clare Heritage Centredid an extensive search of my relatives. In May I was lucky to be visiting Clare and came ,by chance,across the centre. I went in on the chance the the researcher, Antoinette O'Brien, was there and I could thank her for her efforts. Not only was she there but she remembered the research , drew maps for us and even more impressively,contacted a man whose family bought myrelatives's house, was born there and as his son lived there, was happy to meet us and take us to the home and surrounding area, even though he was over 80.
I cannot speak too highly of the efforts of the Clare Heritage Centre and, especially, of Antoinette who is a ball of energy.

Visited May 2013
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was there April 2011 & worked with Antoinette. I paid 195 Euros that day. She said it would be a couple months before she could start. Meanwhile, I talked to my cousin who had also paid her years before. I emailed Antoinette before she started any work to cancel & refund my money. Antoinette claims she mailed me a check, but I never received it & i asked her to research the check that she would find it has never been cashed. I have sent numerous emails with no response & no money sent back.
I am extremely disappointed that Antoinette could not do the right thing.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A real glimpse into the past. We didn't spend as much time as we would have liked as too many other things to see!

Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Life Changing Experience at Clare Heritage Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

In April of 2013 my husband and I realized one of my dreams, when we travelled from the USA to Ireland to visit my ancestral country. While we had some details about my family tree we were woefully ignorant of the finer details about the family background. What a life changing experience we had after crossing the Clare Heritage Center threshold! The welcome we received from this amazing little center enable us to not only find my ancestral farmstead where my great grandmother was born, but also to locate some of our long-lost cousins!
The staff and volunteers at the center were truly a gift to my family. The director of the center, Antoinette O’Brian accommodated our unexpected visit to her center with grace and enthusiasm. Her ability to juggle our visit while dealing with a multiple of day to day items was a joy to behold! She answered phones, took center enquiries from staff, produced historical items for us to view, all with ease and efficiency. Never once did we feel that we had intruded on her time or efforts. Because of the welcome and information we received (within 24 hours of us walking through Clare Heritage Center’s doors) I was able to provide my 97 year old mother with a picture of the home her grandmother was born in as well as photos of one of her cousins who still resides a few miles from the old farmstead.
The capability of the center to locate my ancestral home on such short notice is a testimony to their dedication to their mission. This small but dynamic center is a MUST visit for anyone who has ties with this beautiful county. Thank you Antoinette and all the staff and volunteers at Clare Heritage Center!

Visited April 2013