“Don't Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   184 East Dumplin Valley Road, I-40 at SR 66, Exit #407, Kodak, TN 37764   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place should be demolished. I have stayed in many motels, some very nice and some not so much. This one was the worst I've ever seen. Door know was broken, so we had to have someone come and fix it, instead of being offered a new room. Room was filthy. No light in bathroom, and for good reason. Large rotted hole in the ceiling. The ceiling sagged in bathroom from rot right over the tub, with a large amount of mold. Hair all over and in the sink. We left without a refund or an apology! Should be shut down at the very least!!

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Olmstead, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

First this place actually needs demolition!! We had our pet with us so we had a "pet friendly"room but it was not friendly at all. There were cob webs throughout the entire room,the carpet was red with mud stains(blue carpet).We had a smoking room and smelt like an ashtray(there are products that other hotels use to control smoke odors)But the thing that got me the most was that roaches were crawling on the tables,desk and counters.GROSS!! We did not have reservations and were charged a outrageous price for the night and were overcharged even further for our pet(they advertise $8.00 per night but our fee was $15.00. Just wrong!!Traveler beware!!!

Room Tip: I doubt there are any at this location
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
abvikodak, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sissieannie,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced. We are an exterior property located in the South. Due to this, there are insects which are native to the area. Rest assured, do not have a roach problem. We have a licensed pest control company which treats our rooms. We will address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping staff.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Needed a pet friendly hotel and Motel 6 was booked so I went to this place. All of the reviews here that state the place is dirty are being nice in their review. There are cobwebs in ALL corners of this place (with spiders living in them) including across the entire ceiling above the bed above the door and window, behind the nightstand, bureau and desk. The rug in these areas haven't been vacuumed in years from the looks of it. I checked for bed bugs but at least I didn't find any. If you have allergies, definitely don't go here because the room smells of mold, dust and is musty. A cloud of mold spores came out of the air conditioning unit when turned on. I also took a towel to the ac unit to clean it because it was thick with dirt and grime. I also had to wash the motel door because it was literally black all around the handle. My allergies flared up from moment I walked into the room. Every baseboard in this room had at least an inch of dirt on top of it plus whatever others have spiIled on them. I refused to even shower in this place because of the cobwebs across the top of the shower and there was actually blood on the bathroom walls. I was scared to even sleep in the bed so I tried sleeping in my truck for a while. I refused to walk on the rugs without shoes on my feet because it was so dirty. Top things off, they charged me $75 for one night. As far as their "free breakfast" when I went to get coffee the office was still closed and that was at 6 am and when I went to check out at 7 am the office was still closed with a ring bell for service sign on the door. I had to wait for some woman to "wake up" to answer the door. When I complained about the condition of the room all she said was she would tell the cleaning person about it, like that will do anything. If she didn't clean it before, she won't now either. How anyone can say this place is clean or homey is beyond me and don't believe it unless you don't care about things crawling and biting you in the night. Pigs live in a cleaner place than this hotel room.

Room Tip: Don't rent here.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rita M,

First, allow me to apologize for the unacceptable conditions of your room. We do our best to provide a good product and service for our guests. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations. We are doing our best to address the mold and other issues. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Pigeon forge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This by far has been the worst place I have ever stayed. Stains all over the carpet and the room smelled like body odor and onions. I asked for a different room and they said we can only change sheets not rooms. There was dirt and black curly pubic hair in the sheets. There was long hair in the shower that was surely not mine. I hope no one goes though this. Please don't ever stay here. The water wasn't even hot when I went to shower. These owners are all about getting your money and putting in as little money as they possibly can to keep this establishment running.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jennmir,

We strive to ensure that each of our guests have a positive experience while staying here with us. Please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. Had we known of these issues, we would have kindly changed your room. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Kodak
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Well we have decided to TRY to stay here when we didn't have no lights nor water due to the storm. Let me say this I NEVER write a review. Anyways. They put us in room 127 which is bottom and remind u after the storms. I walked in and the room smell met me. It was musky. I went back to the desk and ask for another room and told her that the room smelled awful. She replied well is it a water smell bc with the storms sometimes it smells that way. I said I want sure and offered us air fresher. Well I thought maybe that room was flooded due to the storms so I went back in there and took my flip flop of and sure enough goodness gracious the floor was wet. There was so way I was staying here. They put us in the room above the room we was in well the sheets had yellow stains. I went back up to the desk and clearly asked for a refund. She got attitude and asked well what do you want a holiday in they are 100% in EVERYTHING. I said well yes and what's sad is they admitted there hotel was NOT 100% everything. Yuck. Now I am dealing with my credit card and booking.com because she said "she refunded" the money back on my card and come to find out NO REFUND!! I hate lying crooks that's out to get people's hard earned money. I advised you PLEASE go somewhere else. I promise you won't regret it and your not losing anything by not saying here.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Robyn3664,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that due to the circumstances, we were not able to provide you with the accommodations you were expecting. If you could contact us directly regarding you refund. It does take some time to reflect on your credit card statement. This could explain why you felt that we did not take care of the issue. We are not crooks as you had stated and try our best to work with the public on any issues which may happen during their stays.

Bushnell, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Front desk guy was great answered all questions about the area. Hotel is an older hotel but for the price it was great.. could use some new pillows or more on each bed. Location is great walking distance to the smokies park and a McDonald's . Drive 10 hours got a room Would stay again

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Mitchell W,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our motel which is located not far from the baseball stadium. We are glad that you chose Americas Best Value Inn.

Frankfort, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Excellent staff. Great rooms. Very pleased with the service. Need to add a little to the breakfast menu, but other than that... Great.. We will certainly return.. Very close to the interstate for easy on and off!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Melissa W,

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms and excellent staff. If you are ever passing through this area again, we would love the opportunity to have you come and stay with us again!

Americas Best Value Inn-Kodak, TN

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!