“Good food, generous portions” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Kodak
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Good food, generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We parked on the wrong side of the building and had to climb stairs to get in the building. We entered on the bar side and had to walk to the opposite end of the restaurant to sign in to be seated. Other than that, it was a great experience. Our server Lauren was very attentive. I ordered the salmon which came with a salsa type sauce, which luckily I ordered on the side. It just didn't go with salmon to me, but Lauren was quick to bring me some ranch dressing in its place. Other that that, the salmon had little seasoning. My husband had the "Tennessee Country Chicken" which included a slab of ham and cheese atop a generous serving of chicken. He enjoyed it so much he couldn't finish his mashed potatoes! Would definitely eat here again.

Visited April 2013

cincinnati, ohio
“A Reprize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our second visit to The Chop House, a growing chain of upscale restaurants in the Eastern U.S., a year apart. We were so impressed the first time we ate here that coming back was de rigour. This particular unit is on the north side of I-40 at the Rte 66 exit, the exit to Sevierville-Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg-GSMNP next to the Bass Pro Shop. Another unit, with less favorable reviews, is in the Five Oaks Shopping Mall (Green Roof) on US441 in Sevierville.
We both had the same dishes as last time - my wife the fettechini alfredo with chicken and I the house prok chop. Our Middle Eastern friends don't know what they're missing. The chop was properly and fully cooked, yet moist and tender, and inch and a half thick bone-in. Along side was a nicely done sweet potato, which is extremely difficult to do because a steam table will wilt one of these rather quickly and they rarely come out looking good. The FA was a sizeable portion, fully sauced, and beautifully plated - considerably more than a petite woman can eat.
Once again, the staff here, and particularly the hostess stand, were outstanding. Our waiter, obviously a local country boy, couldn't stop thanking us for coming in. Just remember, this is upscale dining so expect to relax and enjoy your dining experience - this isn't turn'm and burn'm like the big restaurant chains.
My only complaint was my mixed drink was too strong, which for most people wouldn't be a problem. I'm just not a big drinker.
In season, a Saturday night like our visit will usually generate a wait but this place being off the beaten path that wait is generally more tolerable.
In conclusion, we've been here twice, ate the same food twice, and twice had the same superior rsults - works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was very flavorful and tasted great. I had desert and it was melt in your mouth good. I also had a few drinks there at the bar in the back and the bartender was very social and friendly. I will definitly be back

Visited January 2013
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this restaurant the food is fantastic and I love the atmosphere. It is a great place to just go eat dinner or go and have a party.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“2 Filets, wrong temp, comp'd meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hubby & I were looking forward to a romantic dinner. 15 min wait for a table, which was ok. Very nice decor & we couldn't wait for our filet & prime rib. Our server was extremely rushed after being triple sat (us included), but he managed to stay on top of drink refills, etc., so no problem with that. Salads were good, then entrees arrived. My husband's filet was way overcooked (ordered medium/received well done); my prime rib was very good. He sent his steak back to be recooked but I was over halfway done by the time the chef presented his recooked steak. The 2nd steak was blood rare, so by this time, he didn't even want it after the chef offered to box it up. The manager, Holly, visited our table and didn't charge us for any of it, which was very nice. We left a 20% tip for our server, which was the least we could do. Despite this experience, we would give them another try.

• Visited February 2013