“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Harrisville, WV
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

After booking on Priceline and getting hotel name, I logged onto tripadvisor to read the reviews. I got a little apprehensive when reading of spider infestation and hoped it had been exterminated. Upon arrival inspection, no crawling critters were seen.
Our room was a top floor (3rd floor) with balcony, a plus for a smoker in a non-smoking hotel.
Room was clean and bed was comfortable. WiFi worked as expected and chair was the right height for table top laptop use (can't say that at most hotel rooms I have stayed in).
Breakfast was consistant with hotel free breakfasts, except for the addition of sausage gravy and biscuits. On site attendant kept food prep and dining area clean.
All employees we encountered were very friendly and accomodating.
I originally only booked for one night, as I was concerned about the quality. I went on Priceline the next morning and booked for another night, as we were well pleased with the hotel.
As other reviewers have said, this location is close enough to the local attractions and interstate but far enough away to not have the noise associated with them.
Dates of stay Nov. 11 & 12, 2011

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We were visiting Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg as part of our three week tour of the USA. The hotel was quite nice, the breakfast room is not large enough for the number of guests it should be able to accommodate and becomes very crowded. There was never any hot water but, we think we were the only Brits in the hotel and probably the only ones who wanted a cup of tea! The rooms were spacious and fairly clean, a few cobwebs around the bed base but we were very comfortable there. Due to the massive traffic problems around Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, we didn't spend very much time at the hotel, we were out all day and only came back to sleep so if you want to pop back during the day, you would probably be better off staying closer to the attractions.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floor because on the lower floors they tend to give those rooms to gu...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hebron,IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were with a bus group and we found the hotel very clean and the breakfast was more that sufficient. We enjoyed the pool because the water was quite warm. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The location is just a little out of the way, but very quite, so a good nights sleep was easy to get. It is only about 15 minutes from Dollywood. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Gadsden, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Beautiful Hotel, indoor and outdoor pools, breakfast looked great, and great suites (or so they seemed). Toliet seat had poop smeared on seat, bugs all over walls, holes and rips in blankets (no comforter, we only had sheets on our bed and the blankets were in a bag in the closet area), and fire alarm started going off in our room at 10:30 pm. When we called the front desk they asked us if we had turned the heat on. Which we had not done but it concerned me that if we would have turned on the heat, why would that have caused the fire alarm to go off? They said they would come up and fix it when they could. 10 minutes later we called back and they said they had written down the wrong room number. My thoughts were, It was just our room with the extremely loud noise coming from it, so why could you not find it? I mean really? Their idea of fixing the fire alarm was to take it off the wall, take the battery out, and lay it on the counter. Which seemed very safe! I mean there is a reason to have those! They charged us more at check in than our reservations said. Also, I had to pay cash because if I would have used my debit card it would have charged me twice...... but would be returned within 2 weeks (they wanted me to sign a waiver saying that this was ok). Walls are paper thin which means you can hear the neighbors talking, watching tv, washing their hands, taking a shower, and flushing toliet. The first manager I spoke with said she would take care of it. I really do not know what she meant by IT, because she did nothing to help the situation. We told her about the bugs and she said oh yea those are just ....bugs. REALLY! The morning of check out, I spoke to another manager who wanted me to tell her everything that had happened because I asked her if there were any notes attached to my room (because of all the problems I had mentioned to the other manager the day before). The second manager was very sorry for what all we went through. They did refund us some of our money but, I don't think that makes up for how horrible our stay was. I do think it has GREAT potential. The suite was large and had a mini fridge, microwave, cabinet with plates, cups, etc (which was a nice touch). It had a nice balcony (over looking parking lot). 1/2 of the staff were very friendly and the other half not so much. Would not recommend this hotel to my friends or family. It was such a disappointment because of all the research I did on this hotel. It would really be a great place if they would give it a good cleaning, update linens, and get rid of the bugs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Indian Valley, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We requested a balcony in order to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air the mountains provide. Wanting to relax and enjoy time away from work and home.
Upon entering the balcony to unit 301, we were amazed.... there were spider nest's, spider webs and spiders, too numerous to count, I would guess several hundred. The balcony was webbed as if it were Halloween. My husband quickly closed the door and called the front desk. At this time he was offered A broom!!! How very thoughtful of the staff, they even allowed him to have to return to the lobby to retrieve this wonderful accomodation. My husband removed all the spider web, which encapsulated the broom completely. He swept away the spiders and swept the deck. He then cleaned the chairs of bug waste. He then swept the wall of spider nest's and half a paper dollar size paint chipping.
We then went into the room, collected our soda and were ready for a comfortable evening on the balcony. As we returned to the balcony we found the spiders had quickly returned and were climbing all over the balcony again.
We left the next morning and are now staying in another location. I am now setting on the private deck of a mountain cabin, overlooking the creek, enjoying the fresh mountain air. NOT A SPIDER IN SIGHT. At the very same price.
I did contact the customer service about this and they have decided to credit us $ 20.00 for our inconvenience.
They should in fact not only credit the room in full, but also pay us for cleaning services.
I hope you find this helpful,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Canton Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We went here to redeem some Wyndham reward points, and were pleasantly surprised by the clean room, efficient check in, and nice overall experience. Although we generally like to get an upper story room, we had been assigned a 3rd floor room before we ever got there, possibly because we were redeeming points.

The continental breakfast was well laid out, very clean, and very tasty. Overall, I recommend this property- it was quiet, the beds were comfy, and none of the "way too smelly" room deodorant so common in hotel rooms lately. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
cary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Considering the price we paid for this hotel through priceline, it was worth every penny. The tv's are not flat screens:( The breakfast is what you would normally expect for a continental breakfast. The waffles were pretty good.

I liked the location because it was away from the crazy traffic in pigeon forge and gatlinburg.

The staff was nice, rooms were big enough for a family of two kids and two adults.

Room Tip: try priceline.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kodak? Share your experiences!