“Unpleasantly surprised.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kodak-Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains

You added Days Inn Kodak-Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains to your Saves list
Days Inn Kodak-Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sevierville Days Inn Interstate, 3402 Winfield Dunn Parkway, I-40 exit 407, Kodak, TN 37764   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Unpleasantly surprised.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I know there was road construction, but that had no bearing on how tight and uncomfortable the rooms were. Definitely needs a remodel job inside and out. One return trip stayed at FAirfield Inn and Suite. No comparison.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wooster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had a very nice stay here. The desk staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, not bad at all. The housekeeping staff was very accomodating too. We would definitely stay here again. We got a great price. We were several miles away from the attractions, but I would say this was a plus because it was crazy in town. The breakfast was just fine, too. Don't be afraid to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel, because we needed to find a place for a decent price for a couple of nights near Dandridge, TN. $39 for a week night was definitely not bad, and they only charged $10 per night for us to bring our dog. For the price if you're only looking for a place to crash and get back on the road, this is not that bad of a place. The rooms had a decent bed, large bathroom with plenty of hot water, cable, and it was fairly clean. The location is right next to the interstate, so it is convenient for the passer-by. I slept well both nights and the staff was extremely nice.

The room, however, really smelled musty and like cigarettes, even though it was a "non-smoking" room. While out to dinner, we bought some febreze. After we febrezed the room up, it didn't smell so bad. The lobby smelled pretty bad, in my opinion, and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. They claim to have "continental breakfast." It consisted of a few cereals, like raisin bran, prepackaged muffins, stale eggo waffles and donuts, bananas, and coffee. If you need anything substantial for breakfast, go to the pancake house across the street. Also, there was currently construction going on the road in front of the hotel, so it was quite noisy pretty early in the morning. Hopefully, for future tenants, they'll finish that soon.

For the price, not bad. If you're looking for cozy, comfortable, or cute, look elsewhere. Finally, this hotel is a good 25-30 minutes (in traffic) from the Tanger Outlet Mall in Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Mid-week is much cheaper than the weekend rates.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

we stayed there one night in November 2011, the carpet was old and dirty, the breakfast in the morning was very poor would not recommend anyone to stay there.
the pictures on the internet were very deceiving compared to what was there.

the only plus was that it was close to the interstate to get onto quickly

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bumpass, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011 via mobile

After reading reviews, I was nervous about staying here but because we were staying with a large group where blocks of rooms were booked, the location was out of my hands. HOWEVER, we were pleasantly greeted in a clean lobby with coffee readily available and check-in was prompt. Our room was on the 2nd floor and the elevator helped with the many bags we were toting. As we entered the room, I braced myself.. then instant relief! The room was spacious, clean, had a microwave and refrigerator and lots of complimentary toiletries (shampoo, soap, lotion, toothpaste). Plus a coffee maker, blow dryer, iron and ironing board. Now I know another family in our group didn't have a microwave in their room but that was their only complaint. Breakfast was basic, donuts, fruit, cereal, but the coffee and juice was good. Lots of tourist info pamphlets available and close to dining (try The Chop House!) I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

When we checked in we noticed that the lamps on either side of the bed didn't work. We were in a rush because we were there for a wedding and didn't get a chance to really check out the room.when we got back that night only one of the lamps was working. My 1 year old grandson took off his socks and shoes and started running around the room, in 15 minutes his feet were black! It was 11:30 p.m. by this time and we had to be up early so we decided to stay. When we got up the next morning after giving my grandson a bath I kept him out of the room (just cleaner that way). I asked them to clean the room really well (we found a half empty bottle of coke and some beer caps and pills behind various pieces of furniture) and for fresh towels (although we had a non-smoking room the towels smelled like smoke). When we got back late that night I found that the lamp still didn't work, the carpet was still filthy, the towels still reeked and it was still dirty behind the dresser. When I called down to say something about it the manager told me to just leave that I had complained ever since I arrived. When I told her it was 11:00 at night and I had a one year old already ready for bed, she said she didn't care and if I didn't leave she was calling the cops. I asked her what she was going to tell them, that I was staying in a room they had already charged me for? She kept calling my room harassing me so at 11:30 at night I loaded up my 1 year old grandson and had to find another room. Went to the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg they were way nicer!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to get a good room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Booked my reservations for this hotel on line after viewing the pictures on the Days Inn website. The room looked nothing like the pictures I saw when I booked. The ceiling was yellowed and the room smelled really strong from smoke even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. The shower had a hand held shower head, which the clamp that holds the shower head up was broke off, so the shower head was just hanging down in the tub, and the toilet developed a bad leak on the floor while we were staying there. We will not be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Kodak-Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains? Share your experiences!