“Nice Hotel Right off the Highway” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Virginia
“Nice Hotel Right off the Highway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

On a return trip from Alabama we hit snow in the mountains so I called ahead to reserve a room at the Hampton Inn at Kodak. We were at the Alabama, Tennessee state line when we called and we figured we would make it in about 3 hours. The attendant was pleasant and said we were wise to make a reservation since they sometimes get a lot of guests who stop off of I-81 without a reservation so the hotel can fill up.

As road conditions got worse with the snow it took us a little longer than we anticipated to get to the hotel. Upon check in the attendant was glib and disinterested. I told her we were the ones who called from the Alabama line. She then said, "That was someone else. We do go home you know." Really? I was glad she told me that. I thought front desk attendants lived at the hotel (rolls eyes).

The rest of the stay was pretty good. The rooms are pretty standard but the beds were comfortable the internet was fast and the place was clean. We chose to eat at the Cracker Barrel next door instead of having breakfast that is included.

This hotel is in a very convenient location right off of I-81. There are some really cool things right next to the hotel. The Smokies play AA baseball right next door. Across the street is a Bass Pro Shops. When in the area before we stayed in Pigeon Forge. There is only one road in and out of Pigeon Forge and that could add at least 20 minutes to your trip. If you are looking to pull over while traveling on I-81 this is the PERFECT location rather than to travel to the congested Pigeon Forge area. I only wish the front desk attendant was as glad to see me and I was to pull off the snowy interstate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Perkasie, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I booked this hotel from the good ratings on this site. All was well until we looked up at the ceiling and saw little spots all over the ceiling - they were ladybugs! I was not freaked out until they started to fly around. We called downstairs to the desk and they sent someone up with a hand vac to vacuum them up. That was great for about 1/2 hour and then more started to appear - some even on the drapes. Had fitful sleep not knowing how many would appear overnight or where they were. We were told by the desk that "they were released in the Smokies and that it is illegal to fumigate them and that all hotels were having the problem." Now we stayed in a condo the rest of the week that was even closer to the Smokies and didn't see any bugs at all! I think this hotel, at least this room, has a bug problem and they didn't want to admit it. Beware!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Summitville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I looked at alot of places to stay and then I looked on here to see what people had to say....I was ready to sleep in my car !! But I found this Hampton Inn and was a happy camper. I was there Saturday night of Bristol Nascar race and it was full but I slept like a baby !!! Oh the bed was so very nice and so very clean !!!! I will be staying there again in October !!! Please if you are picky about motels....stay here you will be very happy....OH the free breakfast is just wonderful !!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at this Hampton inn over the Memorial day weekend 2010. It is located about 20 miles north of Gatlinburg, so you are well away from the hustle and bussel. It is just a north of the I-40 exit. On the downside, you have to go thru ALOT of traffic to get to the Pigion Forge/Gatlinburg area and onto the Smoky Mountains, but it is well worth it. I learned a few back roads to get around most of it which was a blessing in and of itself.

The hotel is only about 2 years old so everything is still new and fresh. The maid service was very good. We left a tip each day of our stay and had asked for a few extra sets of towels. Our note to the maid was answered back with a thank you for our generosity. This was a welcome change. The front desk was always very helpful and friendly as well. You get the standard Hampton continental breakfast, but I did notice they offered make your own waffles which I had not seen before. I had not tried any, but my wife said the eggs were a bit runny looking so we both passed on them.

All in all this was a great Hampton inn and will be well recommended.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We come to Sevierville each January, and I'll be coming back to this hotel from this point forward. It is new and sparkling clean. The beds were comfortable. It was very quiet and peaceful. It's also so reasonably priced, that we got a separate room for my son and his friend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Very impressed with this newer property. Hotel was spotless and staff very friendly. Would definitely stay here again if my business brings me to this side of Knoxville. The only drawback is that the hotel requires a 24 hour cancellation notice rather than the typical 6 p.m. local time.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Fayetteveille, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stayed here for two nights during the Bristol Night Race. Despite being sold out the hotel was very quiet. This is a newer hotel and it made a big difference in the enjoyability of the stay, everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and although we didn't eat breakfast the area looked inviting and clean as well. The hotel is just off I-40, directly above a minor league ball park, and is close to a Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, and maybe another restaurant or two. I would gladly stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive? Share your experiences!