“Cheap and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 90 Hotels in Knoxville
Bethany, Oklahoma
“Cheap and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went on a family vacation and had been traveling 26 hours when we needed to rest. We got 3 rooms. All were clean and the water was hot in the shower. We all got a well needed rest. The woman at the front desk was very friendly the next morning. She mailed a postcard for me and found band aides for my sister. The only bad thing is they didn't have breakfast.

Room Tip: They only have non smoking rooms and offer no breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have come to rely on Trip Advisor for advice when travelling. I stopped at this Red Roof Inn to spend the night after driving all day and failed to follow my own advice. I have stayed at Red Roof Inns before and been satisfied. The brand is what attracted me to this hotel. I asked for a non smoking room. The first room I got had an overwhelming urine odor causing me to immediately return to the front desk. The clerk was not surprised nor seemed concerned that the room had a dog odor problem. The second room, while marked as non smoking was clearly not. I was tired and tolerated the room. Other than the odor, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. When I checked out, I told the clerk about the smoke odor. Again, there was no concern. Instead, a remark that most of their non smoking rooms have smoke odor. My advice - stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am continuing my "tour of the US" and I have found myself in Tennessee in this hotel. I was very pleased with this hotel's hospitality and cheap price. The room was very comfortable and the bed were like heaven. The room was also very tidy and new sheets were brought to my room every day. The pool was my personal favorite place to relax though. It was warm and just the right temperature. Great stay. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cumberland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great place to stay. Needed a room for the night and this was a great location and great hotel. Everything was clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel was an overnight stop on our way home to Texas. We only wanted a few hours of sleep and didn't want to pay a high price for just a room. Pretty much, we got what we asked for. A simple, inexpensive (50) room. The room does have free wireless access, a small microwave, and "fridge" plus a flat screen TV. The negatives: an evaporative cooler (noisy and either hot or cold); the room also has a sour smell (which you get used to after a few minutes); and a very small trial size package of shampoo (not really enough to wash your hair with). I will not go into the details of what was around the base of the potty (where the bolts are). Everything else seemed very clean. Overall, not bad; probably not worth paying anymore for. PS. The sign outside notes 49.00 but the Internet price is about ten dollars more. Very nice front deskman.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am from Birmingham, Al and my wife had just been buried on June 16th and my son's had me to take a trip. So I came to red roof inn on June 18th our 29th wedding anniversary red roof inn was the place we spent our honey moon. I stayed two nights

The staff was great the room was clean and the lady don't know her name, but she was so sweet, she was an older woman. I WILL COME BACK THANKS FOR THE LOVE.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

There's just something so comforting about the southern hospitality Lorraine (front desk) exudes that kind of makes you feel like you're checking in with family instead of a Hotel chain. There should be more people in the "hospitality" business that actually get what the term means! Little things like being respectful and caring go a LONG way in todays world. Next time we're in the Knoxville area, we'll go back to your hotel.

Room Tip: the further you get from the highway, the better (of course) although we didn't have any problem...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends