“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I came here on a trip while my sister was doing her UT Knoxville stuff. I was surprise by how nice the place is. The room was clean. I like how the housekeeping manager knock on my room asking if the room is great. The staff was great. Frank was helpful and great to talk too. Katie was also helpful. My only real complaint was the TV. Maintenance guy came to my room to twist the wire in, but I had to twist it in every so often the whole night to get a signal. The next day, the other maintenance guy came and loosen the wire to fix it. Same problem occur the next day. Why couldn't they just replace the wire like I wanted. The problem still occur but I didn't mind since I wasn't there to watch TV all day. Overall the hotel was great and I will return. I wont be asking for the same room # again.

• Stayed June 2013
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologize for the TV cable problem. We are searching for a cable that will rotate with the TV to eliminate the problem.l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

There was not a site for the restaurant itself. Fridays only is the Prime Rib and Seafood buffet. Where shall I begin...steamed crab legs, oysters on the half shell, oysters rockefeller..these r large not chincy by any means, large shrimp cocktail as well aas fried, smoked salmon, plus other hots dishes, sushi, prime rib, fresh pasta station thy cook to order full salad bar and dessert bar. Too many items to mention. Avg price $30 pp worth every penny! The dining area is formal llike the hotel however you can be dressed up or have on shorts and sandels. The way I see it if you hve $30 bucks for a awesome meal who cares how people dress..they are enjoyiing fine dining in their comfort level. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013
I'm so happy that you enjoyed our Friday Night Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Columbus OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel and staff was great. Our room was very clean and remodeled. The staff was very courteous. I really appreciated that they allowed pets for a modest fee.There were many restaurants that were nearby, some of which were open very late. The location although in a downtown setting was quiet and no street noise was audible in the guestrooms. They have the best fitness center that I have ever seen - it was two stories.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as downtown Knoxville. I hope you will come back soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the night of June 1st. I previously had been staying at a newly built Hampton Inn Turkey Creek in Farragut. The Crowne Plaza was actually less expensive than the Hampton Inn. Crowne is easy walking distance to many bars and restaurants downtown. The rooms are very clean and nice. Not extremely spacious, but not cramped.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for giving the Crowne Plaza a try on your recent stay in Knoxville. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. The room was spacious, clean, and featured much-appreciated amenities for relaxation and a good night's sleep. The staff in the restaurant and room service were friendly and punctual. The hotel features the best gym I've ever seen on my travels. Located in the center of downtown Knoxville, I was close to shopping and entertainment. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Great views of downtown in odd-numbered rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to the staff. I appreciate that you chose the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.
East Granby, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

An enjoyable stay with no significant complaints. I liked the lobby and check-in setup where there is no one long front desk. The hotel staff are at separate smaller areas for a more intimate experience. The rooms were clean and well appointed with flat-screen TV and work area. Free wireless Internet was a huge plus, and it worked perfectly for me the entire three days I was there. The soundproofing could have been better, it was a little too easy to hear adjoining rooms and hallway activity noise was clearly picked up at night. Parking does carry a nightly charge in the hotel's underground parking garage. Location is excellent within easy walking distance of downtown shopping and theaters, including a variety of restaurants in Market Square. A Catholic church is adjacent to the hotel. Not all Crowne Plazas have impressed me, but this is one that did. I would definitely return if traveling to Knoxville in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville on your recent trip to Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and really appreciate your business.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My first time at any Crowne Plaza Hotel - 2 night stay. This hotel was dated but nicely decorated. My room was clean and spacious, except the bathroom was very small. I ordered room service and it was great, the server had an excellent attitude and it was delivered in 20min. As I lay on the bed, I noticed multiple dust "stalactites" hanging from the ceiling. I called the front desk and asked them to please clean it while I was out of the room the following day. Upon my return, I realized that it had not been cleaned. So, at 8 pm that night, a house keeper arrived with a vacuum cleaner. He was very nice but a little too short and had to tip toe to reach them. It took 30 min to vacuum the dust stalactites from the ceiling. later I received a call from the manager on site who apologized and offered various perks. Apology accepted but perks declined, I was tired and had an early day the following day. I liked the hotel, it felt homey and I will stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Carol T,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you like the spacious rooms that we offer and found our hotel staff courteous Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry our room cleanliness did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Again, we appreciate your candid feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Knoxville? Share your experiences!