“keep driving.....don't stay at this LQ!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Knoxville West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   258 Peters Road North, Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Ranked #55 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Lorain, Ohio
“keep driving.....don't stay at this LQ!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Horrible, Filthy, seedy place!!! If I'd never stayed at LQ before, I would NEVER stay at one again based on this place!!! We arrived late (as many others have said) so we really didn't know how awful it was til we got into the room. To get to our room we had to go down a DARK outdoor walkway. There were people hanging around that looked like they were drug users, prostitutes, and homeless people. That did not make us feel very safe. A trip to hell might better describe the room itself. As others have stated, there was mold all over, the sheets were nasty, the floor damp and dirty, the lampshades and bulbs were crusted with dust and filth, there were stains on the walls, ceiling, and floor. The walls and ceiling had holes in them and the room stank with smoke and some other odor. I refused to sleep there and so my husband went to the front desk and told the clerk. He did not blink an eye, credited our credit card (which we double checked to make sure he did) and we left. Don't stay here people!! Even if you are exhausted, drive on, you'll be glad you did. If you have stayed there, be sure to call LQ corporate and tell them how awful the place is so they can do something about it. I can't rate this because they don't give -ratings and zero would be too kind.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Roanoke, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have always heard great things about LQ hotels. I booked this without reading prior reviews. That was a mistake. My room was on the bottom level - at the parking lot. We heard people walking past and talking at all hours. If i'd had my dog with me, he would've been barking all night. The room didn't feel clean, carpet looked old & dirty, mold in the bathroom, hair on pillows and sheets. The one good thing I can say is the beds were comfortable. It was a last minute reservation and definitely not worth the price I paid. Definitely better places to choose from in Knoxville. Take the time to read reviews and look around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Corona, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I did read the reviews but thought maybe it would be better now. It really wasn't. When we went to look at a room, I told the gal at the desk I had read the reviews but was giving them a chance because of prior good stays at other La Quintas. She had no reaction or response and wasn't even friendly. As the face guests see as the person for check in/out/problem solver- yikes. The room smelled of old smoke even tho it was a non- smoking room. We should have sought a different room but we were tired, hungry and had our grandsons with us at the time. After 3 days with the window and door open as much as possible, and lots of room spray it got better. The room was near the pool so that was nice. Breakfast was the same each morning. There were attendants which was nice and good coffee all day. We did see folks with pets - it worked for them.

Room Tip: Listen to the reviews and evaluate what is important to you and your needs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place covered the basics ... clean ... easy to find. We have handicapped needs. Our room was large enough and the furniture placement was adequate to maneuver a Jazzy scooter in the room. There were good hand bars around the toilet. The sink gave good clearance. There was a tub with a transfer seat and lots of hand bars; not a roll-in shower, which we knew before we arrived. We managed, but the bed was very high; getting my wife into the bed was the only difficulty we experienced.

The bed was comfortable.

This is a motel with exterior doors. If there would be snow or rain (or just very cold weather) you are under the upstairs walkway which would not give you a lot of protection.

Breakfast was in the lobby so you travel from your room outdoors.

The breakfast with the exception of apples and oranges was all prepackaged food and not a lot of choices: mini waffle, two peeled hardboiled eggs, dry cereal bowls, The coffee was not bad.

There was a Mexican restaurant next door which you can walk to and other places were near by.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We travel from Chicago to Florida to visit family a couple times a year with our children and small dog. This is the worst hotel room we have seen in 14 years. The hinges on the bathroom door were covered in rust. The calk on the tub was moldy and the baseboards had mold or some kind of dirt on them. The ceiling had mold too. The room smelled like a flooded basement. It took us a while to
find another hotel room in Kentucky we had to drive an hour and a half to get to that room after already driving 13 hours from Sarasota to Knoxville We are still trying to
see if they will give us our money back

• Stayed August 2013
Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The review title barely touches the issues with this hotel. I've stayed at LQs across the country, and I've never had such a horrendous experience. I'm no great housekeeper, and the room was just disgusting. Filthy carpets. Moldy bathroom. Musty smell throughout. Beds that needed replacing a couple years ago.

Then the breakfast which I've always enjoyed at LQ was the worst hotel breakfast I've had in years. Everything was "toaster" to heat up rather than fresh waffles, sausage, eggs, etc.

The staff clearly knew the place wasn't up to snuff, because upon checkout I was handed my receipt and never asked how my stay was.

I was in a hurry and trusted the LQ brand when I made the reservation; should have checked out tripadvisor.com first! If this had been my first LQ experience, it would have been my last!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Knoxville West? Share your experiences!