“Stayed several nights” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Fishers, Indiana
“Stayed several nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I recently returned from a 4 night stay here asa I was traveling about 350 miles from out-of-state as my dog needed surgery at UTK. I arrived late at night and checked in within 3 minutes as I had booked online and found a discount code by searching the web. I was on the first floor facing the interstate and just down the way from ice and vending.

Pros:

-- Convenience -- Hotel is convenient (a minute or two directly off of I-40) and near Kingston Pike in West Knoxville. It's right near a ton of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc. as all are within a 5 minute drive. There was everything from fast food to fine dining all fairly close by and easy to get to. There's also a Walmart and Kroger nearby and a nicer mall is a few minutes away too. I drove to UTK every day I was there and it was an easy 10-15 minute drive along I-40. Everything I needed was rather close and no crazy traffic.

-- Value -- I found a discount code and paid around $50 a night here for 4 nights (plus about $7 a day in taxes, fees, etc). I looked at other places and could not find a similar deal.

-- Good quality -- The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, free wifi, and free breakfast. They came every day to clean the room and even cleaned it one day while I had to take a conference call. I spoke to the head of housekeeping (she cleaned my room) and she went out of her way to ensure everything was tidy and met my approval. Having stayed in everything from an oceanfront suite in Hawaii to dingy motels, I am particular about where I'll stay and this room served its purpose.

-- Extras -- So no charge for Wifi. The rooms have a 32 inch flat-screen with HD and about 30 channels. Free breakfast consists of cereal, fruit, coffee, juice, milk and toaster waffles. It was just the right amount of food to start the day. Breakfast runs every day from 6-9am I believe, so make sure to not sleep in too late.

Cons:

-- My room faced the interstate and so you did hear some highway noise a little bit. It wasn't really bad, but you'd heard a semi pass by about once an hour or so for a few seconds.

I felt totally safe at the hotel and saw a diverse group of people. Eating breakfast every morning, you saw everyone from people in suits to construction workers to older couples and everything in between. I saw a ton of out-of-state plates in the parking lot and saw a few semi trucks and delivery trucks too.

LaQuinta's are popular with pet owners as they allow pets and I saw a few dogs while I was there. There's a designated area for pet owners to walk their pets which was right off the parking lot and convenient. The people who usually travel with their pets do so on a regular basis, so the pets were all calm and no crazy barking or anything. Some people do not like the doors that face outside, but I parked literally 7-8 feet from my door. Plus, I had my dog here for a day or so and it was easy to take her out.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and will stay again if in Knoxville. Yes, there are other hotels that are nearby, are nicer and more expensive, but La Quinta offers a good value and amenities. Sure, it's not the Hyatt or Marriott, but it's a good quality place to stay and met all of my needs (convenient, good value, reasonably priced, safe, decent quality and clean room). If you're passing through Knoxville, need to be here for a weekend, a UT game or a few days, this is definitely a pretty good value.

Room Tip: Booking an accessible room will guarantee you that you're on the 1st floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent value for money.
Service is excellent. rooms are clean, neat and tidy.
Good variety breakfast and nice eating area.
Stayed here before and will do so again.
Location is ideal, right at the I75 exit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, let me start by saying that the Tripadvisor address for this location is wrong. The correct address is: 258 Harry Lane Blvd, Knowville, TN 37923. Now, on to the review.

I found the location to be clean, and comfortable. We didn't have a microwave or refrigerator in our room, so I don't know if they have any rooms so equipped. The beds were firm, but not hard. The internet functioned great, even with the hotel/motel being full. As was mentioned elsewhere, the corridors were exterior. Also good to note, is that this location has elevators. The pool was closed, so we of course didn't use it. It (the pool) seemed a little small for the size of the property. However, I've seen smaller ones.

Breakast was good, with the usual La Quinta variety. This is the first location, where I found the hott waffle machines missing, Instead, they had ready made, pre-packaged ones, that you heat up. No mess, yes. Fresh made to your liking, no.

Nevertheless, it was a great value.

Also, there is an authentic Mexican restaurant nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Breakfast, wireless internet included. Clean room with couch/coffee table for ~$65... unbeatable bargain. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient in processing my check in and check out. Excellent! Cheap too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Knoxville West? Share your experiences!