“Nice hôtel for business or leisure” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Manosque, France
“Nice hôtel for business or leisure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Close to the exhibition centre and the main place / downtown.

Rubix cube ´s house since the exhibition...1982?

Swimming pool ok.

Free wifi in the rooms

Parking not free.

Big Room and nice bathroom/shower.

No suits to go to the swimming pool...

Stayed July 2014
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit with us.

I hadn't even considered having bathing suits available in Fairgrounds, our coffee bistro and gift shop. I will most certainly explore that option.

It is always a pleasure hosting our friends from overseas. Thank you again for your very kind comments.

Best,

Marc B. Bauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel almost had it all. Extremely friendly staff and personnel, good location, nice covered parking, attractive lobby, reasonable room rates, yummy buffet breakfast, etc. Unfortunately the beds and pillows in the room were terribly firm and uncomfortable. Our family slept very poorly and thus we would be unlikely to return to this location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. I am pleased that for the most part you enjoyed your visit.

Mattresses and pillows are probably the most subjective items in a hotel. With that in mind, we do carry a number of different pillows and can add egg crate foam to make the mattress more to your liking. Please contact our housekeeping department on a future visit and we will be glad to accommodate you.

In the meantime, if I can ever be of assistance with reservations on a future visit please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,

Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Close to All things to do in downtown. The staff was great from when I check in to when I checked out. You can walk to market square which is where most things are in Knoxville. Pay a little more money for the top floor so you can have breakfast. You will have to pay for parking here.

Room Tip: You want to be on the top floor executive floor so you can have breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your feedback.

It sounds as though you had an excellent stay yet you only rated the hotel 3 stars. Please feel free to email me at mbauer@hiknoxdwtn.com if there was anything we could have done to make your stay more comfortable or enjoyable.

If I can ever be of assistance with reservations on a future visit please do not hesitate to contact me.

New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was the last stop on our two week driving vacation. This us a full service hotel in downtown Knoxville. Access was a breeze, take the exit indicated in their directions from I-40 and the hotel us right there on the right. Ample parking is available. This Hotel was built for the 1982 Worlds Fair which was hoisted by Knoxville. The building is older, but the company gas kept it renovated. Our room was of typical size with a flat screen TV, granite and stone in the bath and soft comfortable beds with high end linens. Some may find the beds a little bouncy. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express rooms, there is no mini-fridge in the room. We required one to keep diabetic medications and the front desk immediately sent one to our room. Very polite and accommodating staff. They are trying to be efficient with minimal water use toilets, and key card controlled HVAC system. The room was very quiet and spotlessly clean. The only issues were the AC unit was very loud. It sounded like when your driving at 70 mph on the road and lower your window an inch. The bathroom, unlike the large ones at the Holiday Inn Express locations we stayed at, was small only allowing one person in at a time. This hinted at the building being older. They offered free WiFi, but it did not work well. They had a full service restaurant on the lobby level. We chose to go across the street to Chesapeaks, a seafood restaurant that was beyond excellent. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. You can order something prepared or use the buffet. This buffet was very large. The selection had just about everything one could want fir breakfast including French toast. You could have your eggs cooked to order. Prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Book in advance as the Hotel fills up fast because they hist many business functions. If your into s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your detailed description and back history of our hotel. I do want to apologize for some of the short comings you experienced while here. Never hesitate to contact the front desk with any complaints while on property, we are always able and willing to accommodate all of our guests. You must try out Windows on the Park for dinner next time you are in town. We have an amazing bar with great happy hour specials everyday. We hope you stay again the next time you are in town.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I travel 26 states with about 135 nights a year at a hotel and in the Holiday Inn about 99% of the time. From the time I checked in with Rusty (he should teach others how to greet and check in visitors), to the young fellow on the 11th floor that had been employed only 2 weeks to find extra coffee for me, to the older gentlemen in a great suit welcoming me to the restaurant/lounge, to Merideth in the lounge that was the perfect compliment to a long day. Merideth was gracious, pleasant, and when I was not completely satisfied with my dinner, went out of her way to may it right. It is worth the trip just to relax in the lounge and have Merideth as your server. I asked for the manager and Siler talked with me and welcomed compliments as well as complaints which I had none. I will go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Conceirge floor is terrific.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see a negative experience turned into a positive one with the help of our wonderful staff. We hope you come back anytime you are in town!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

this is a nice hotel and appeared to be remodeled..The room was energy efficient and the key card controlled the air. The the staff was friendly, however one of the desk persons was not very knowledgeable of the area. I got more advise and information about the area from my waiter, Mr. Varnell who worked in the restaurant. He was a pleasure to talk to while we waited for our omelets The restaurants breakfast buffet is a real bargain at $13.95 all you can eat and the beverage is included. The hotel is on the trolley line which means you can ride to places like ' market square" a nice area of local restaurants. would have loved a mini fridge in the room to keep beverages cold.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet and the staff in our restaurant Windows on The Park. I do apologize that our front desk agent was not able to give you more information, but pleased Varnell was there to help you. We do also have a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Next time you are in feel free to ask for a refrigerator, we have them available for $7 a day.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a pleasant night we had at The Windows of the World lounge at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. We were at the convention center for a trade show and although we normally do not stay at this hotel when we are in town, we definitely will again. After the show, we decided to stop by the lounge for a cocktail before heading out to dinner. We sat at the bar and met Siler (awesome bartender) and after a round, decided against going out for dinner. Had the sirloin steak that was really good and then heard about the apple pie moonshine wings and had them as well. Not often that you see the manager cleaning tables and checking on the guests, but we were welcomed by Patrick Bilyk. So happy to not have to walk downtown on a hot & humid night and to have a good meal and great service. Thanks again. We will be back !!

Room Tip: Convenient to everything !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and your Five-Star review. It is a real pleasure to have you as a part of our ever-growing legion of repeat guests.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Siler, Patrick and the rest of our culinary team. I would put our team up against any restaurant in Knoxville.

If I can ever be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Marc B. Bauer

Been to Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville? Share your experiences!