“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Castle, Delaware
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was the last stop on our two week driving vacation. This us a full service hotel in downtown Knoxville. Access was a breeze, take the exit indicated in their directions from I-40 and the hotel us right there on the right. Ample parking is available. This Hotel was built for the 1982 Worlds Fair which was hoisted by Knoxville. The building is older, but the company gas kept it renovated. Our room was of typical size with a flat screen TV, granite and stone in the bath and soft comfortable beds with high end linens. Some may find the beds a little bouncy. Unlike the Holiday Inn Express rooms, there is no mini-fridge in the room. We required one to keep diabetic medications and the front desk immediately sent one to our room. Very polite and accommodating staff. They are trying to be efficient with minimal water use toilets, and key card controlled HVAC system. The room was very quiet and spotlessly clean. The only issues were the AC unit was very loud. It sounded like when your driving at 70 mph on the road and lower your window an inch. The bathroom, unlike the large ones at the Holiday Inn Express locations we stayed at, was small only allowing one person in at a time. This hinted at the building being older. They offered free WiFi, but it did not work well. They had a full service restaurant on the lobby level. We chose to go across the street to Chesapeaks, a seafood restaurant that was beyond excellent. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. You can order something prepared or use the buffet. This buffet was very large. The selection had just about everything one could want fir breakfast including French toast. You could have your eggs cooked to order. Prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Book in advance as the Hotel fills up fast because they hist many business functions. If your into s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your detailed description and back history of our hotel. I do want to apologize for some of the short comings you experienced while here. Never hesitate to contact the front desk with any complaints while on property, we are always able and willing to accommodate all of our guests. You must try out Windows on the Park for dinner next time you are in town. We have an amazing bar with great happy hour specials everyday. We hope you stay again the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I travel 26 states with about 135 nights a year at a hotel and in the Holiday Inn about 99% of the time. From the time I checked in with Rusty (he should teach others how to greet and check in visitors), to the young fellow on the 11th floor that had been employed only 2 weeks to find extra coffee for me, to the older gentlemen in a great suit welcoming me to the restaurant/lounge, to Merideth in the lounge that was the perfect compliment to a long day. Merideth was gracious, pleasant, and when I was not completely satisfied with my dinner, went out of her way to may it right. It is worth the trip just to relax in the lounge and have Merideth as your server. I asked for the manager and Siler talked with me and welcomed compliments as well as complaints which I had none. I will go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Conceirge floor is terrific.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see a negative experience turned into a positive one with the help of our wonderful staff. We hope you come back anytime you are in town!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

this is a nice hotel and appeared to be remodeled..The room was energy efficient and the key card controlled the air. The the staff was friendly, however one of the desk persons was not very knowledgeable of the area. I got more advise and information about the area from my waiter, Mr. Varnell who worked in the restaurant. He was a pleasure to talk to while we waited for our omelets The restaurants breakfast buffet is a real bargain at $13.95 all you can eat and the beverage is included. The hotel is on the trolley line which means you can ride to places like ' market square" a nice area of local restaurants. would have loved a mini fridge in the room to keep beverages cold.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet and the staff in our restaurant Windows on The Park. I do apologize that our front desk agent was not able to give you more information, but pleased Varnell was there to help you. We do also have a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Next time you are in feel free to ask for a refrigerator, we have them available for $7 a day.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a pleasant night we had at The Windows of the World lounge at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. We were at the convention center for a trade show and although we normally do not stay at this hotel when we are in town, we definitely will again. After the show, we decided to stop by the lounge for a cocktail before heading out to dinner. We sat at the bar and met Siler (awesome bartender) and after a round, decided against going out for dinner. Had the sirloin steak that was really good and then heard about the apple pie moonshine wings and had them as well. Not often that you see the manager cleaning tables and checking on the guests, but we were welcomed by Patrick Bilyk. So happy to not have to walk downtown on a hot & humid night and to have a good meal and great service. Thanks again. We will be back !!

Room Tip: Convenient to everything !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and your Five-Star review. It is a real pleasure to have you as a part of our ever-growing legion of repeat guests.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Siler, Patrick and the rest of our culinary team. I would put our team up against any restaurant in Knoxville.

If I can ever be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Overall very nice, with a few pluses and a couple minuses.

Bed was very comfortable. Pillows were good, but really small for some reason. Bathroom was nice but a little small. The rest of the room was huge, and even included a nice sitting area.

Be sure to walk towards the back of the lobby and check out the giant Rubik's Cube, and then take an escalator ride down to World's Fair Park and the Sunsphere. (You can get back into the hotel from the park if you use your keycard.)

Good parking situation (a lot cheaper than teh Hilton, but then again the Hilton has a Starbucks in the lobby...) and friendly staff.

About a 10 minute walk from a bunch of restaurants and bars (which I believe is called Market Square) and the walk is safe and relatively flat.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms (like 531) don't have a view of the park or sunsphere.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and for sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate your Four-Star review. Oddly enough, yesterday was Erno Rubik's birthday and this year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Rubik's Cube.

There is no denying Starbucks is a wildly popular brand. However, I hope you had a chance to try the Valentine coffee we serve in FairGrounds, our lobby coffee bistro. I know coffee is an incredibly subjective topic but I feel the Valentine is a vastly superior product.

Please contact our housekeeping department on your next visit. We have a number of pillows to suit different needs. In the meantime, if I can ever be of assistance with reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,

Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past couple years and each time we've had a great experience. The location (right off highway 40 and within walking distance of downtown attractions), the restaurant (food, prices and service), the service, the rooms and the parking are all excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience. I am so pleased that you rated your stay Five-Star.

We appreciate the fact that Holiday Inn World's Fair Park has become your regular stop when in Knoxville. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you with reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for feedback.

Best,

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We loved the location of this hotel. It was an easy walk (or free shuttle) ride to Market Square for food and shopping.
The hotel itself was average. The rooms were big and clean but nothing fancy. Our microwave was missing the spinning tray so my daughter couldn't get her popcorn to pop. They didn't make up the sofa bed for us even though my reservation clearly said we were staying with 4 people and we had to call down for pillows for them too. The sheets and towels were clean but scratchy.
The lounge was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Over all the place was fine, especially for a short stay.

Stayed July 2014
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I'm afraid that good is not good enough for us.

If you will email me with the name on the reservation and dates of stay I will research a bit further. Depending on the channel by which you made your reservation, there are details that sometimes don't make it to the property level to anticipate your needs. Therefore, I would like to dig a little deeper. It won't excuse anything, it will just help explain.

I have also sent our housekeeping department on an audit of all of the microwaves to make sure they all have the glass carousels. I sincerely apologize that it was cause for inconvenience.

Should your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally facilitate your reservation. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Regards,

mbauer@hiknoxdwtn.com

Been to Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville? Share your experiences!