If you need to go to the Convention Center (just across the road) or the stadium (just down the street), then this is the place for you. Downtown is two blocks away, and consists of a square block of boutiques and restaurants. If, however, you don’t absolutely have to be downtown, or you want any kind of fast food, or anything to do after 6pm, then get a hotel in the Cedar Bluff area, two miles down the road. The mountains are two hours away by car.
The hotel itself is good, clean and newish, with underground parking. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there’s even one OK restaurant and one coffee bar in the hotel. The rooms are 3-4 star, but I was surprised to find no safe in the room. There is also no fridge, but there is nowhere nearby to buy anything to put in it. The hotel runs a shuttle service to anywhere within 3 miles, and I can see why it needs to. I didn’t try it out.
The hotel itself is good, but be warned about the location. The same goes for the other hotels downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park is located in the heart of Downtown Knoxville, Tennessee. We are currently updating our spacious facility with the latest technology and a trendy atmosphere. Whether you are traveling solo or in a large group, our hospitality is like no other, However, don't take our word for it, experience this for yourself. Can't wait to see you here and have a safe trip! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn World`s Fair Park Hotel Knoxville
- Holiday Inn Select Knoxville
- Holiday Inn Knoxville
- Knoxville Holiday Inn