“Not my best pick” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9134 Executive Park Dr, Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 89 hotels in Knoxville
“Not my best pick”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I normally always confirm hotel choices with trip advisor before I book, but in a hurry to book a hotel, I booked what looked like a nice holiday inn. Had I read the reviews, I would have realized this was not the choice for my family. Stayed in an executive king bed suite which smelled like it has been painted a few hours earlier and had all the ambience of a hospital room. Took an old elevator through the construction maze down humid hallways to get to our room which was nothing like a comparably priced room at other hotels. Will be staying at embassy suites down the street on our return trip in a room that will cost me $60 less, and it has breakfast included.

• Stayed July 2014

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here several yrs back. Much improved. More under way. If fitness rm is important, you're good here: 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 recumbent bike, bench & dumbbells. All in very good shape. In/out pool of old holidome version. Nice too. Room very nice. Will be back. Convenient location.

Stayed July 2014
Wilmington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our family stayed here for 1 night in July on a Friday. The room was very nice and the bathroom as well. This had most amenities however the indoor pool was very small (marked 5' at its greatest depth which was questionable as our grandson is not yet 5' and he could stand up with his head above water). We did not use the room service or dine there.

They list a hot tub and this too was very small and there was already an older man who spent some period of time in there (so it really didn't feel accessible to me). There was a large group of teenage boys, not in the pool while we were there but they were gathered and loud. There were a lot of piles of wet towels laying all over the floors around the pool (while there was a laundry bin right there). The pool water was cold. The design of the pool (its small dimensions and shape and all the steps in the pool) did not really seem user friendly as kids were jumping off the sides of the pool coming very close to striking their heads on the concrete walls. The lowest depth said 3'.
Finally, while this did have dining and room service, there was no offer of any complimentary breakfast in the morning. For the price, I would anticipate this.
Check-in was quick and the girl at the desk very friendly.
The facilities were under renovation but did appear very clean (with the exception of the cluttered/messy pool area). To add a note to that, because of the wet towels all over, you could not tell if a seating area was occupied or not.
The coffee was single serve with only 1 packet of sugar in the condiment wrapper (husband uses 2). There were 2 teabags, 2 decaf and 2 regular coffee packets in our room.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there as far as the room being very nice, clean and quiet. The bedding was also very comfortable and with plenty of pillows. The soaps/shampoos are rather scanty if you have a family so unless you want to call to the desk for more, I would bring my own.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Papillion, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was very friendly and service was good. Housekeeping after the 2nd day was very hit and miss. Forgot my stand-up mirror & iPhone 5 charger. Called next day with no info. Called again next day and left info. Mirror turned up, but no charger. Not so surprised.

• Stayed May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night. Be aware the hotel is being remodeled, so a big section of the hotel is in disrepair. The pool is closed, so if you're traveling with kids along the interstate, don't stay here.

Overall, the front-desk staff was ok-to-indifferent. Thought it had breakfast included with the rate, but it didn't. Kids 12 and under eat breakfast free. Adults pay $9.95 for a breakfast buffet that was of very poor quality and the service was slow. In addition, adults pay for any juice with breakfast, so, in addition to paying for a breakfast buffet you get for free any where else, you pay $2.25 for juice. Sounds like a small point, but it was insult to injury.

Bottom line, unless you can't find another room nearby, and there are plenty, keep looking. Stay at one of the two Holiday Inn Express a couple miles up the interstate either way and have a nicer room and free breakfast (with juice!).

Room Tip: Ask to be in a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear seamus73,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kinston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Yes, it was under construction, but the inconvenience was minimal. Dinner by the pool was plain but good, room comfortable and reasonably quiet. When construction is complete it will certainly be worth a stay. OK now

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!
Milan, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a group of 35 who stayed here. The rooms were large, clean and service was great.
The downside was that they are In a renovation program and there was construction going on, but we were taken care of and kept away from it. The breakfast was wonderful!! True southern breakfast. Rooms had refrigerators which is always a plus. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were good. You might want to request one away from the construction.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are thrilled that your group enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville!

Been to Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (I-40 & I-75)? Share your experiences!