“Great location - that's about it” 3 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #27 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, United States
“Great location - that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very unimpressed with room. Most staff was super nice, but food was horrible & overpriced. You expect to pay more at the hotel, but usually it's worth the money - none of our meals were . . . . the location was great for our concert, but for future visits, we will find another hotel to try out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy everything about your experience. In particular the dining experience which did not meet your expectation. We care a great deal about our guest and their perception of our service and facilities. We will absolutely work to avoid any such occurrences in the future. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Several shortcomings and inferior to other downtown choices - convention or otherwise. The room was noisy in the evening, the elevators were slow (especially at checkout) and our room hadn't been cleaned at 3PM when we needed to begin getting ready for our afternoon / evening events. The restaurant staff was friendly but the bar waitress was just there for a paycheck. This is a typical but very tired convention hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies for your experience you had at our hotel. We certainly expect all of our associates to treat our guests with the Hilton brand of hospitality in all areas at all times. I feel confident that our team will react in a manner that will avoid this issue going forward. We have undergone extensive renovations to improve our property so we trust that will have another opportunity to return for what will hopefully be a much more pleasing experience. Thank you for your business and for your feedback.

Pikeville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Knoxville during a recent business trip! The hotel was very clean with an excellent staff. I had the vehicle valet parked but my meeting was ending after checkout...the location was just a block away so I didn't have to drive. They not only let me leave it until the meeting was over but also loaded my luggage in it before they brought it to me later! Superb service!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you on behalf of our entire team for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We welcome all feedback and love to motivate our team with great experiences like yours. We hope to see you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for a night. It's nice and central - a five minute walk to the very popular Market Square area and a good price. A few things that stopped me giving this a higher rating. The first room I was put in smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke covered by air freshener. Gross. They moved me quickly after I told them, and they said no one should be doing that in the hotel, but someone was clearly smoking their lungs out and they didn't notice. Some of the equipment in the rooms is a bit old - the lamp blew out shortly after I arrived. And they have a cupboard for a mini-bar but no fridge in it, which I discovered only after I bought chilled drinks. And I don't have an American accent but the parking guys looked at me like I was a little nuts every time I tried to communicate, which became a little frustrating for a native English speaker. So overall, a good central hotel for the price with room to get better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your honest and profession feedback. You will be pleased to know that we are working now to add refrigerators to all of our guest rooms which will be a wonderful additon for our guests. We will also share your comments with our team to ensure we are following through on all feed back recieved. Thank you again for your busines.

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel a couple of times before, but prior to the property being redone. Since the upgrades, it is a much nicer hotel with a very good downtown location. Staff were friendly and service was good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and fellow travelers. We are grateful for your business and pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I travel to Knoxville for work a lot and always stay at the hilton downtown - it's not too long of a walk to market square or other attractions downtown and out of all the hotels downtown has the nicest, cleanest, and quietest rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your fellow travelers. We will share your positive comments with our team who made your great experience possible. We hope you have the opportunity to return to Knoxville soon. Thank you once again.

Sincerely
Erwin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Knoxville Hilton is my preferred destination when staying in the Knoxville, TN area. The rates are reasonable and the hotel is first class. I will stay at the Knoxville Hilton when I return with my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests regarding our service. We look forward to your return.

Been to Hilton Knoxville? Share your experiences!