“Decent place to sleep.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 88 Hotels in Knoxville
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Decent place to sleep.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok, to be fair, I enjoyed my stay here. The location is great. All of my needs were met.

But, I am disappointed in Hiltons these days. This was the second Hilton I used in the last 2 weeks. There seems to be a disconnect between the employees and guests. The service is effective, but not overly friendly.

Also, I'd really like to get online and watch TV easily. Their internet service if temperamental. Both Hiltons used the channel guide in the TV. I t i s s l o w . . . Just don't even bother using it. You can scroll up and the down the channels faster. I hated it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your fellow travelers. I just wanted you to know that we take your observations to heart. As a team we truly do care and will work to ensure that is demonstrated in the atmosphere we provide for our valued guests. Please let me know if you have additional observations that would assist us in moving forward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hilton is clean and well maintained. WiFi is free. Rooms are relatively spacious. Beds are comfortable. Flat panel TV works well. HBO is free. So far, so good.

Restaurant is fair; choice is limited, and the dinner chef, apparently attempting to be "creative" has designed some questionable recipes. Case in point is tempura shrimp that would have been tasty except that there is YELLOW MUSTARD infused beneath the batter. I forget the ingredients on the beds of shredded vegetables under the shrimp as well as under the battered calamari (which tasted much better than the shrimp, BTW), but one taste of each deterred me from a second taste. Breakfast buffet is pretty good, but not extensive, and omelets to taste are huge.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, but it shuts down at 7PM. Not available for a 10PM cookie run.

Parking charge is outrageously high: around $15 overnight after tax. Even if you have a guest visit and park for a few hours, the full overnight tab is applied.

Bathrooms are adequate, but rather confining. It's pretty hard to sit on the commode without closing the door (why bother close the door in the middle of the night if you are the sole occupant of the room)? Bath towels were plentiful and gigantic (a real plus!). A hair dryer is supplied. So, all-in-all, if the bathroom were bigger, I would have rated it much higher.

Worst of all, they put a $25 hold on my charge card (for incidentals, as my host was paying for my lodging), and they never removed it. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and it is being pursued with the hotel.

Room Tip: The x21 (e.g., 821, 1521) rooms are right behind the bank of elevators, but in four nights at the Hi...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I am sincerely sorry for your experience. We will review your comments as a team and will certainly improve especially in the area of our restaurant. The Wi-Fi connection will be 100% new before the end of the year. I do appreciate your feedback and please let me know if you have additional thoughts for us consider.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Arrived in the evening when it was dark and not much signage nor anyone to direct us to the entrance door as the main entrance and lobby was under construction. The location is central downtown. Nothing special about the rooms except our rate was very reasonable. Nice looking city with lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for an eastside room - for a nice view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our property. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Knoxville Hilton's number one plus is location, if you have business downtown. It's also (long) walking distance to Neyland Stadium, and the east side rooms have a nice view to the river and the Tennessee campus. It's also 3 blocks to Market Square, with a number of quirky and good restaurants. Rooms are large and comfortable. There's a bar downstairs but the night I was here it was pretty noisy, even though it wasn't full. A Starbucks is open during the day. Staff is friendly and accomodating. No free parking is nearby, so use hotel garage or valet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room abvove the 5th flr facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay at our hotel. We are certainly pleased with the great location we enjoy. Downtown Knoxville is such a wonderful place to visit for so many occasions. I was sorry to hear that you experienced some noise issues while in the hotel. I understand how such things can have a negative effect on a stay. We will certainly work to avoid these issues as we move forward. Thank you again for both your feedback and your business and we look forward to your return.
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a wonderful time here--clean...did I say CLEAN? Very accommodating staff, great lobby area, coffee available in-room or there is a Starbucks off the lobby area. Convenient for walking to Market Square and other restaurants in the area also. I really enjoyed my stay here and loved Knoxville. I'll be back again and will stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We enjoy hearing that our guests enjoyed their visit to our hotel and our city. We look forward to your return.
Washington, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice location in town, then its downhill from there. Under refurbishment in the lobby so hard to get in and out of. Bad, inaccurate signage to redirect on arrival. Room was OK. One of the worst hotel restaurants I've ever been to. I stay in Hilton properties all over the world. My wife and I had poor food, bad service. There was no one to greet people and seat them so we saw guests show up at the restaurant, stand around for a while and when no one came to seat them they just went away. I travel over 50 nights a year - this is one of the worst hotels i've stayed at in the past few years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your frustrations. Although hearing about frustrating experiences is difficult it is a necessity for us to improve for our guests. We take feedback from our guests with and open mind and work to improve in the areas noted. I feel very confident that our team will respond to your feedback in a positive manner and improve in the areas you experienced that were not up to Hilton standards. Thank you again for your time and I do trust we have another opportunity to serve you.
Lebanon, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed one night for a conference at the hotel and really enjoyed it. Typical polite Hilton service - comfortable rooms, very nicely stocked concierge lounge and good location. It's very convenient from the interstate. I will stay here again when I'm in Knoxville.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. All feedback is vital to our success. Positive feedback is a great motivational tool for our team members within the hotel. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Been to Hilton Knoxville? Share your experiences!